Seriously Sober

Last Dance

Tiffany: "Good morning Taetae!"

Taeyeon: "Morning! We have to prepare now, we don't want Jessie to be late on her flight."

Tiffany: "I'm done. I am just waiting for you."

Taeyeon: "Oh! Sorry. I am trying to reach Yuri's number. I know that she's very sad today."

Tiffany: "I think Yuri is going to be fine."

Taeyeon: "Yeah, after how many bottles of tequila again last night? Can you explain again how Yuri dragged me to drink?

Tiffany: "Hahaha. You are so funny. When Jessie and I arrived here, it looks like you are enjoying the moment too."

 

***** LAST NIGHT *****

 

Yuri invited Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Yoona to drink. She is not feeling well and she wants to forget even just a few hours, so she needed to drink. The other girls accepted the invitation and agreed to meet in Taeyeon's pad for a drinking session; they invited Tiffany, Sunny, Nicole, Seohyun and Jessica as well. Jessica doesn't like Yuri's idea to drink tonight; however, she doesn't know how to stop the tan girl. She told herself that she will make sure Yuri doesn't drink that much.

 

At Taeyeon's place, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung and Yoona are drinking beside the pool while on the living room, Tiffany, Sunny, Nicole, Seohyun and Jessica are enjoying Kim's videoke system.

 

Yuri: "I want to stop the time at this point."

Taeyeon: "Yuri, I thought you will not stop Jessica."

Yuri: "I didn't say I will stop Sica, I said I want to stop the time."

Yoona: "Yuri unnie, you have to be strong because Jessica unnie will worry seeing you like that."

Yuri: "I know, I know. I just want to drink and bond with you girls ok."

Hyoyeon: "I am also in your kind of situation; it is really hard for me to see Nicole leaving to New York. Although we made a compromise to see each other as much as we can and if situation comes to worst, we should let each other know so as not to expect. I totally will let Yuri drink tonight; I will take care of her. Sometimes, it is easier to deal with a person who is in the same circumstance as you are."

Sooyoung: "I agreed with Hyoyeon. Let's give Yuri some space to mess herself tonight. She needs to summon herself her courage for tomorrow's ordeal."

Yuri: "Let's have fun then!"

 

Soon, the girls singing on the videoke system joined the now drunk girls by the pool. Another round of conversation started. Jessica has been quiet and observing her friends and Yuri. She is savoring what she is seeing right now, what they have tonight may not happen often once she and Nicole leave for New York. She will miss her best friend, Tiffany. She will miss Sunny's positive attitude and irritating aegyo. She will miss Seohyun who she consider as her younger sister. She will miss her long conversation with Taeyeon. She will miss Hyoyeon's never ending support when she was struggling over the loss of her parents. She will miss Yoona, who never cease to make her laugh and in some way she became closest to Yoona for she can see Yuri and her self’s personality on the doe eye girl. She can't help but smile while looking at her friends. She will definitely miss Yuri, the most important person in her life now. Yuri has her own way to make Jessica feel important, loved and cared. She just hope that she had reciprocated Yuri's love for her whenever they are together.

 

Yuri: "What is so funny my Princess?"

Jessica: "Hey there!"

Yuri: "Are you okay?"

Jessica: "I should be the one asking you that. You are drunk!"

Yuri: "A little bit, yes."

Jessica: "You should stop drinking now."

Yuri: "I am enjoying this session with the girls; it has been some time since we have this session."

Jessica: "I hope you will not have hangover tomorrow when you see me go at the airport. You have to be there ok."

Yuri: "Yes, I will be there. I have not failed you right?"

Jessica: "I know. I am just reminding you."

Yuri: "You know that I love you Sica, right?"

Jessica: "And I love you too. My feelings haven't changed, since the first time I said I love you."

Yuri: "I'm ready to let you go tomorrow. I'm ready to take the risk with you."

Jessica: "Thank you Yuri!"

 

Several hours passed, with all their drinks consumed Yuri and Jessica finally said goodbye to the Taeyeon and Tiffany. Jessica drove Yuri home; it took her some time to bring the intoxicated Yuri inside. She laid Yuri to bed gently, brushed the tan girl's hair and lovingly kissed her on the forehead.

 

Jessica: "What you should I do without you? You're too much to lose."

 

It's Jessica's time to remove Yuri's clothes. Pulling the tan girl's shirt, Jessica felt to hands on her waist pulling her down. She lost her balance and fell on top of Yuri, Yuri suddenly flipped to exchange position. Jessica smelled alcohol from Yuri's breath.

 

Yuri: "I love you."

 

Yuri placed her head on Jessica's neck and went back to sober land. Jessica embraced Yuri when Yuri lift her head again and kissed Jessica on the lips. Jessica knew it was not the right moment to do it. But somehow a part of her wanted more. Yuri continued to kiss Jessica then stopped.

 

Yuri: "God! I'm sorry Sica. I mean, I'm not sorry to kiss you but the act of kissing you when I'm drunk is not right!"

Jessica: "Go to sleep Yuri and I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight my love."

 

Jessica tucked Yuri in and walked out of the room. Before closing the door, Jessica took another look at the sleeping girl.

 

Jessica: "I'm proud of you Yuri-ah. You actions tonight gained more points to love you. My heart only belongs to you."

 

Jessica left Yuri's house not after making sure all doors and windows are locked. Outside the house, Jessica did not notice a lone figure observing her every action. Michael walked back to his car with a smile on her face.

 

Michael: "You have to hold on Yul, Jessica will come back for you. I'll make sure of that."

 

Michael drive back home and found his mother on the couch.

 

Michael: "Mom, were you waiting for me?"

Mrs Kwon: "How's Yuri?"

Michael: "Jessica drove her home. She's peacefully sleeping on her room. Nothing to worry."

Mrs Kwon: "Do you think she can handle everything?"

Michael: "Jessica is going back for her Mom."

Mrs Kwon: "You better go to sleep. You don't want to miss your flight tomorrow."

Michael: "Goodnight Mom."

Mrs Kwon: "Son, thank you, for keeping tabs on both Yul and Jessica. I know that doing these things for them are really tiring and exhausting."

Michael: "I kept a promise to Sarah and I am determined to do it. I love Yuri and Jessica."