Separate Lives

Last Dance

***** SOUTH KOREA *****

 

Yuri went back to her usual routine after her break on her and Jessica's second anniversary; she attends her class until afternoon before going to their swimming practice until after dinner. One day, Yuri was surprise to see Victoria on their practice.

 

Victoria: "It's been a long time Yuri. How are you?"

Yuri: "Yes, long time now. What are you doing here? Are you going to be our new team?"

Victoria: "No, our family sponsors your swimming team. My family will also support you on the national team."

Yuri: "I don't think our team needs other sponsor, my Mom will sponsor our team."

Victoria: "The more sponsor, the better. Besides I want to spend more time with you now that I'm back in Korea."

Yuri: "I have a lot of friends, I don't need another one."

Victoria: "Hmmm... You have not forgiven me yet, right. I paid for what I did to you Yuri; I realize how much I lost without you."

Yuri: "Good for you. You should meet my girlfriend one of these days."

Victoria: "Who is the lucky girl?"

Yuri: "Jessica Jung."

Victoria (laughing): "Jessica Jung, daughter of the Jung Enterprise? Poor you, that girl is about to be sold to someone who will save their company from bankruptcy."

Yuri: "What are you talking about? Don't ever say anything against my girlfriend or her family!"

Victoria: "I don't think that you know everything. Why don't you read the news? Jessica is not the right one for you!"

 

Victoria left and Yuri can't understand anything that Victoria said, but she has a feeling that something is about to happen. Yuri met her friends at Tish Cafe, it is the first time she's meeting her friends after going back from her short vacation.

 

Sooyoung: "Yuri, good thing you decided to meet us. We thought you have forgotten us already."

Sunny: "Yeah Yuri, you sure did not miss us huh?!"

Yuri: "I'm sorry girls; I was just busy with my swimming practice. Mom wants me to be the best since our family is sponsoring the team."

Yoona: "Yuri unnie, aren't you the best swimmer? You don't need to spend time on your practices."

Yuri: "I'm not Yoongie, that's why I need to practice more."

Seohyun: "Do you still have time to call Jessica unnie?"

Yuri: "I haven't called her since our vacation. But I think she knows that I am busy in school, she's also busy in school."

Seohyun: "But don't you miss her?"

Yuri: "So much. I just look at her pictures on my phone, computer, camera and room."

Yoona: "Wow!"

Taeyeon: "I heard that Victoria is back in town, has she showed herself to you?"

Yuri: "She did, yesterday. She went to our swimming practice and told me that her family is also sponsoring our team."

Tiffany: "Victoria is your ex girlfriend right? Is she still not over you?"

Hyoyeon: "Victoria should be, she's the one who was caught cheating. She should not make Yuri any trouble."

Yuri: "She said something about Sica's family business and marrying someone who will save the company."

Tiffany: "I heard about that news that Jung Enterprise is going down but I can't confirm it, Hyo did Nicole say anything about it?"

Hyoyeon (nervous): "Nicole hadn't said anything, she will know since her parents are one sending Jessica to school."

Tiffany: "I hope it's not true, I don't think that Jessie can cope with it. We all know that she went to New York to manage their company after her studies, it will be another big blow to her."

Taeyeon: "Jessie doesn't have to worry, Yuri is with her. Right Yul?!"

 

Yuri is lost in her thoughts; she is not paying attention to her friend's conversation. She is thinking about what Victoria said, if there are news that Jung Enterprise is going down Jessica marrying someone else is a possiblity. She has to know what's happening; she needs to know if Jessica knew about this. She has to talk to Victoria again. Taeyeon tapped Yuri on her shoulder.

 

Taeyeon: "Yul, are you aright? I said, you will stay at Jessie's side no matter what happen right?!"

Yuri: "Always."

Sooyoung: "I know that you will, because we will also stay both your sides. Aren't we friends to both of them?"

Sunny: "I will always stay at Jessie's side; you should have seen how devastated she was when she found her parents dead."

Seohyun: "And not to mention how she would cry when she's alone, we have to stay with her almost every day."

Yoona: "I also remember the time that Jessica unnie got very drunk and she was crying nonstop, I'm really glad that she's happier now because of Yuri unnie. They made each other happy. You guys remember when Yuri unnie went in to a fight after finding Victoria cheating on her?"

Taeyeon: "Right, we have to call the police and Michael oppa to stop Yuri!"

Sooyoung: "Yuri was so scary; I thought she will kill the guy after punching him several times."

Yuri: "You're making fun of me now!"

Hyoyeon: "I'm just really happy guys that both Yuri and Jessie found each other. They filled the empty space in their lives and I will be here to make sure nothing bad happens to them. I don't want to see any of them, or any of you to be a tight situation like I witnessed with Yuri and Jessie."

Yuri: "Thanks Hyo! Thank you guys, it seems that are lives are connected to each other in so many ways. I hope our friendship continues until our last breath."

Yoona: "Can we call Jessica or Nicole unnie?"

Hyoyeon: "One moment maknae."

 

Hyoyeon dialed Nicole's number and waited for her girlfriend to answer.

 

Nicole: "Hello?"

Hyoyeon: "Hi Baby! Are you busy?"

Nicole: "Baby! I'm slightly busy. I'm taking care of Jessie; she has a fever since last night!"

Hyoyeon: "Oh is her fever high? How did she get sick?

 

Yuri was looking wide eye to Hyoyeon when she heard her friend mention the word "fever"; she hopes it's not Jessica.

 

Nicole: "It's still high and she kept calling Yuri last night."

Hyoyeon: "I'm with our friends; Yuri is here you may want to talk to her." - passing the phone to Yuri.

Yuri: "Nicole, are you sick?"

Nicole:"I'm not the one sick, Jessie sick since yesterday."

Yuri: "What?!.. How did she get sick?"

 

 

***** FLASHBACK, NEW YORK *****

 

Jessica just got out of her classes; she was walking with her classmates when she saw Taecyeon on the gate of their school. Jessica suddenly felt bad, she wanted to go back to the campus but she knew she will get stuck. She wanted to call Nicole but she knows her cousin is busy studying for a big exam tomorrow. She doesn't have any choice but to confront Taecyeon..

 

Taecyeon (upon seeing Jessica): "Hey Jess, it's nice to see you."

Jessica: "What are you doing here?"

Taecyeon: "Some family business, I thought I drop by to invite you to lunch."

Jessica: "Sorry, I have to go home. I have to study for an exam tomorrow."

Taecyeon: "Come on, it's still early. You'll have time to study later. Don't say no to your fiancé!"

Jessica: "I don't remember you as my fiancé!"

Taecyeon: "Remember, our parents set us up when we were still you. So don't say NO to me!"

 

Taecyeon grabbed Jessica's arm and pulled her going to his car, when suddenly a hand stopped him from walking.

 

Michael: "Hi, I need to talk to Ms. Jung. I forgot that she needs to attend a remedial class since she missed one day of school last week."

Taecyeon: "Ms Jung doesn't have time today, she needs to eat lunch. You can do that tomorrow."

Michael: "Stop, she can't miss this remedial. This is a major subject."

Taecyeon: "Who cares, even if she doesn't finish her studies its fine? All she has to do is stay at home and take care of me and our kids!"

Jessica: "Taecyeon! What are you saying?"

Taecyeon: "Professor-whatever-your-name, Jess is my fiancé!"

Michael: "It doesn't look like, Ms Jung doesn't even want to go with you. You are forcing her, pulling her hard. I think you’re hurting her arm."

Taecyeon: "I'm sorry babe; I didn't mean to hurt you. Please let's have lunch!"

Jessica: "Please don't call me babe and don't create a scene here. I have to go. I'm sorry."

Taecyeon: "Why are you playing hard to get. I just want to talk to you and start all over again."

Jessica: "I can't, I am committed to someone else that I love Taecyeon."

Michael: You heard her, she can't go with you. Let's go Ms Jung."

 

Taecyeon let go of Jessica's arm and with that Michael came closer to Taecyeon.

 

Michael: "Thank your ex fiancé, because if not....”

Taecyeon: "If not what!"

Michael: "Consider this as the last time we are going to see each other."

 

Michael left with Jessica when it started to rain. Michael knew this is the beginning. Michael wishes that Jessica chose to study in Korea instead of New York. Michael could have used the help of Yuri if they are in New York. Both doesn't have umbrella to keep them dry. Michael walked Jessica to her dorm and told her to change to dry clothes immediately. Michael stayed in the corner for the next two hours making sure that Taecyeon will not walk on the dorm and when he is sure that Taecyeon will not appear, he walked back to his hotel and prayed no untoward thing to happen for the night.