The Truth

Last Dance

 

Michael and the girls went to the study room, he asked the girls to grab a seat and relax.

 

Michael: "I am going to tell you something and I hope that you will let me finish before reacting. This is important to me and to all of you as well. I want to start a new beginning and telling the truth will allow us to start free. I love you girls, even without this - my feelings will still be the same."

Yuri: "We also love you oppa, but what it is that we have to know."

Michael: "I'll start by telling Jessica and Krystal about Sarah, since part of the truth is for them."

 

Michael starts telling Jessica and Krystal about Sarah's life, from the time that he met his girlfriend to the time he found out the truth about Sarah's family. Yuri and Amber listen while supporting their own girls.

 

Michael: "Sarah found out that she has two younger sisters on his father. Sarah's mother told her to stop looking for her sisters because she doesn't want to involve themselves to the Jungs. But Sarah always wanted to meet her sisters, it was sad to grow up without a sister or brother that's why she is excited to see her sisters. When she was diagnosed with leukemia, we forgot looking after her sisters as we became busy with going to different hospitals looking for second opinion or cure. But we failed; the doctors told us that Sarah can stay for a few months. I brought Sarah to Europe to enjoy my company; I did everything to make her happy in the remainder of her life. If I can only spare my own life so she can continue hers, I will. I totally forgot about looking for her younger sisters not until one of Sarah's best friend gave me a letter that Sarah did during the time she spent with her closest friends. She made me promise to look after her younger sisters and give them the things she left. Jessica, Sarah's father is Mr. Hector Jung. You're father. Sarah is your sister, well half sister in that case."

 

All the time, Jessica is already crying. Somehow the blonde girl knew where the story will lead to. Still shaking, Jessica tells the story she's keeping from her family.

 

Jessica: "It was one day when both my parents are out; I started to clean the house. I was in my parent’s room, fixing the bed when accidentally I bump the small cabinet beside the bed. I got curious what's inside the cabinet and found a lot of papers and I saw a letter addressed to my parents. I opened the envelope and read the letter. It must have been a letter from Sarah unnie, because the person who wrote the letter is begging my parents to let her meet me. I did not bring up that letter to my parents because they have their own problems to take care of. After my mother gave birth to my younger sister, they always argue and fight almost every day. My mother is always sad and she likes to stay in her room most of the time than mingle with us and my father starts drinking like hell. I grew up around my best friends, Nicole, Tiffany, Sunny and Seohyun. All of them knew what's happening to my family and they let me feel the love I don't get from my parents."

 

Krystal looks at her older sister, she's lucky to have wonderful adopted parents who gave her love and care while she's growing up. She wants to hug Jessica but afraid that the will be rejected. She saw Yuri supporting her sister, so she stayed in her place with Amber holding her hand.

 

Jessica: "Somewhere in my heart, I wanted to meet her. I was thinking that she may be able to provide me love as a family. But I never got the chance, because I became busy with school and then I fell in love with this dork beside me. That occupied my mind away from the problem at home. If I only knew that Sarah is sick, I will defy all odds and take care of her."

 

Jessica cried again, regretting the chance the she will never have to meet her older sister. Michael continued revealing the truth this time looking at Krystal.

 

Michael: "I can see questions in your eyes, yes Krystal, Sarah is you older sister."

Jessica: "What?! Krystal and Sarah are sisters? Does that mean, Krystal is my half sister as well?"

Michael: "No Jessica, Krystal is not your half sister. She is your real sister."

 

Jessica was surprise with the revelation, but looks at Krystal. The younger girl also looks at Jessica and starts crying.

 

Michael: "Your mother did not have still birth. The baby is perfectly healthy. The time that you're mother is giving birth to Krystal; the Jung Enterprise is going down already. Thanks to your uncle for managing the business, it starts dipping and your parents' savings are all closed. How did I know all these, your mother is our mother's best friend. Every time your mother needs help, our mom is always there to help her. Our mother knew that your family business is already down and Nicole's parents are the providing for your needs. They don't want you to know the bigger problem within your family. They ask my father to save the company, they were supposed to meet but your parents’ untimely death halted the merge. After a few months, we found out that you're uncle had started talking to the Ok's for the merger. Your uncle gave Krystal to a business partner who is impotent, the business partner and his wife moved to here in New York to start a new life with Krystal."

Jessica: "Why uncle did do that?!"

 

At this point, Jessica collapsed and Yuri carried the girl upstairs to take a rest.

 

Yuri: "Oppa, I think these are enough for now."

Michael: "Let her sleep and later digest everything that she found out. Same for you Krystal, you have to rest your mind and body."

Amber: "I'll take care of Krystal oppa. You must also take a rest. We have to pick the girls at the airport later."

 

All five, went to their respective rooms. Yuri is lovingly attending to the unconscious Jessica while Krystal is crying on Amber's shoulder. Michael is on his knees, praying for the Jessica and Krystal.

 

It was past six in the evening when Michael woke up; he has two more hours to pick the girls at the airport. He thought of preparing dinner, when he went down he saw Yuri and Amber almost finished setting their dinner.

 

Yuri: "Evening oppa, you're in time for dinner."

Michael: "That smells good, now I feel hungry."

Yuri: "Dig in; we still have to pick the girls at the airport."

Michael: "How are Jessica and Krystal?"

Amber: "They're both preparing and they'll be joining us for dinner."

 

Jessica and Krystal both came down at the same time, neither are talking. Michael broke the silence..

 

Michael: "Girls, let's eat dinner. The food is great, thanks to Yul and Amber!"

Krystal: "Thanks oppa. What time are you going to the airport? Do you think it's fine if I stay here?"

Michael: "Of course, you can stay. I can go by myself to pick the girls."

Jessica: "Oppa, can I also stay with Krystal? I want to talk to her about so many things. Do you think the girls will understand if I do not join you in picking them up at the airport?"

Michael: "Not at all Jessica. Not at all. Yul and Amber can stay here with you guys."

Jessica: "You can't go alone."

Yuri: "Sica, I can go with oppa. Is it okay if I leave you with your sister and Amber?"

Jessica: "It's fine. Thanks Seobang. Please do not forget to call Nicole."

Yuri: "Already done. I even told her to bring your pajamas."

Amber: "Sweet!"

 

Michael, Krystal and Amber looked at each other when they heard Jessica called Yuri "Seobang", and then they all laughed. The dining room can be heard with teasing, laughter, and conversation from the five people sharing dinner. In a while, nine girls will join them for an even merrier scene. After dinner, Michael and Yuri prepared to go to the airport. Yuri walks to Jessica.

 

Yuri: "Sica baby, are you feeling much better now?"

Jessica: "There are so many things I found out today, it's too much for me. But I think I can handle everything, because you're here with me."

 

Jessica kissed Yuri lovingly and pulled the tan girl closer to her. Yuri placed her hands on the blonde's waist to close the gap while kissing back. Michael, Krystal and Amber saw the scene and started laughing again. Jessica pulled away from the kiss and said goodbye to Michael and Yuri.

 

The van drove away from the house; Brother and sister are together again, only by themselves. They start talking about the things Michael revealed earlier; Yuri shared her thoughts about Sarah, Jessica and Krystal. Michael talks about Victoria and Taecyeon. Both are prepared for whatever may happen... Especially Yuri.