Breaking The News

Last Dance

***** NEW YORK *****

 

Jessica heard from uncle Jung that Taecyeon is arriving in New York and is staying for a few months to manage their business. Unknown to everyone, Taecyeon was thrown by her parents because of so many unexplained expenses on the Ok Enterprise. Ever since Taecyeon managed the enterprise, it went down drastically and to avoid media news they decided to let go of Taecyeon for a usual break. The young man chose New York as he has a plan to get Jessica whether she likes it or not. He's plan has to be successful or else, he will not receive money from his dear cousin - Victoria.

 

Jessica was summoned by uncle Jung to treat Teacyeon better, she will have to pick the guy at the airport and show him to his hotel. Jessica can't do anything because uncle Jung is taking care of her parent's business and therefore has a responsibility towards her and her future. Nicole is against it, she wants to tell her own parents about it but she promised Jessica that she will not say anything.

 

Nicole: "Jess, are you sure of what you are doing?"

Jessica: "I will be extra careful, besides Taecyeon must be nice to me or else."

Nicole: "I still do not trust him!"

Jessica: "We have to give him a chance. I am just tired of arguing and fighting with him."

Nicole: "Whatever Jess."

 

Jessica went to the airport after her classes, picked Taecyeon who is more than happy to see the blonde and drove to the hotel. After putting his things on the room, Taecyeon invited Jessica to a late lunch. They had a wonderful lunch and conversation; Jessica was relieved that Taecyeon never took advantage of her for the whole time they are together. Thinking that the man in front of her changed, Jessica let down her worries and just enjoys the day. Taecyeon walked the blonde back to her apartment and said goodbye.

 

Jessica continued to see Taecyeon almost every day, in fact the guy continued to send her messages. It was cute in a way, if only Jessica is not in love with Yuri she would definitely give Taecyeon a chance. Jessica still feels the pain of thinking about Yuri, it has almost been seven months that she had not seen nor heard from the tan girl.

 

Days, weeks and months passed by...

 

Taecyeon had well adjusted to his life in New York, although he is still not productive in the business he is managing, his parents continued to let him stay in the US. Taecyeon had been getting Jessica's attention for the last few months. He has been successful as he and Jessica had been enjoying each other's company much to the dismay of Nicole.

 

Nicole and Hyoyeon had been communicating nonstop on the phone, emails and video conference. Hyoeon had been telling Nicole that Yuri is busy with her swimming competitions after returning from Japan, there are no news of Victoria though.

 

Jessica has been busy on her school projects as well, later she had been busy going out with Taecyeon as well. But that did not change their relationship to only friends. Jessica is still hoping that Yuri will visit her and patch things up with her.

 

Michael, had been busy going back and forth Korea and US. He is working on the merger between the Kwon and Jung Enterprise, both talking to Nicole's parents and uncle Jung although the latter is adamant he doesn't have any choice. The Ok's cannot over anything that Michael offered, so uncle Jung has to give way of the merger. Michael and his parents had been preparing the documents Jung's family has to sign; they are also attending different meetings for their own business.

 

Amber is excited waiting for Krystal's return in New York; it has been nine months that Krystal has been away. Six months in Japan and four months in Korea. Amber wants this time to be hers only, she will confess her feelings to Krystal and see what will happen from there. Amber is still busy looking after Jessica and Taecyeon, she felt bad that the two seems to be getting closer. Amber is biased to Yuri because Krystal wants Yuri for Jessica, but with the way she sees the two (Jessica and Teacyeon) she can tell that if Yuri doesn't do anything Jessica will surely fall for Taecyeon.

 

***** SOUTH KOREA *****

 

Yuri just finished her swimming practice when she saw Victoria approaching her; it has been a while since Victoria last talked to her. It was a relief on Yuri's end because she wants to live peacefully while thinking of a plan to see Jessica.

 

Victoria: "It's been a while Yuri-ah."

Yuri: "How are you?"

Victoria: "I am very great. Especially that Taecyeon brought me his biggest and happiest news."

Yuri: "Have not seen your cousin."

Victoria: "You didn't know? He is in New York!"

 

Yuri suddenly frowned. She was not expecting Taecyeon to be in the US. Not close to Jessica is.

 

Victoria: "So I guess, your friends never told you about Jessica and Taec?"

Yuri: "What are you talking about?"

Victoria: "Taec is now Jessica's boyfriend!"

Yuri: "I see."

 

Yuri acted so cool but deep inside she wants to strangle Victoria or maybe make her disappear before her eyes. It was so painful, her heart suddenly stopped!

 

Victoria: "I'm sorry Yuri-ah!"

Yuri: "Nothing to be sorry, Sica and I have been over for months now. She deserves to be happy with someone else!"

 

With that, Yuri hurried inside the locker room to change. She called Hyoyeon.

 

Hyoyeon: "Hey Yul, what's up?"

Yuri - shouting on the phone: "Why didn't you tell me that Sica is with Taecyeon?!"

Hyoyeon: "Huh?! Who told you that?"

Yuri: "What kind of a friend are you.. All of you!"

 

Before Hyoyeon can say anything, Yuri ended the call and this time she can't take it anymore. She dropped on her knees and cried.

 

Yuri: "How can you do this Sica? It's my entire fault, if only I talked to her and tell her that I still love her. I need to see you Sica, you have to tell me straight to my face that you do not love me anymore. If that is the case, I will let you be happy with Taecyeon!"

 

Yuri decided to contact her brother to lend her money to purchase a plane ticket going to New York. But she will talk to her parents first; Yuri thinks it is about time to confess to her parents what she really feels about Jessica. Truth has to be told so Yuri can freely do what she has to do.

 

Yuri fixed herself, dressed and packed her things before going out. Yuri wants to make sure that Victoria sees her as fine after telling the news about Jessica and Taecyeon, Yuri wants everybody to see that she's cool with it. She said goodbye to her swimming team and coach and walked out of Victoria.

 

Victoria: "Yuri-ah wait!"

Yuri: "Anything else you want me to know?"

Victoria: "I was just thinking maybe you want to hang out with me, it's been a few months that we haven't really talked or enjoy each other's company."

Yuri: "Maybe some other time, I have to talk to my parents about something important. I also have to call my brother. I'll call next time ok."

Victoria: "Alright. See you next time. Take care."

Yuri: "Take care as well."