Love Exists

Last Dance

Yuri drove to Jessica's house 15 minutes before 7:00 PM; Yuri decided to wait outside for her Princess. Yuri should tell Jessica how she feels before the blonde girl leave for New York. Four years for Yuri is too long. But she is determining to show Jessica how serious she is. She was thinking so hard that she failed to notice Jessica by her side.

 

Jessica: "Penny for your thoughts."

Yuri: "Oh, you're ready." - looking at Jessica. "Wow! You're like an angel in that dress!'

Jessica: "That's sweet. Thanks! Let's go?"

 

Yuri opened the door for Jessica and hurriedly went to the driver seat, started the car and drive to the restaurant she reserved for their dinner date.

 

***** EARLIER ON YURI AND JESSICA'S DINNER DATE *****

 

Nine girls are seen in Sooyoung parents’ restaurant, seating on a table, looking tired and exhausted but smiles are still pasted on their faces.

 

Hyoyeon: "Wonderful! I love our work!"

Nicole: "Yuri, make sure that you treat my cousin really nice, or I will kill you!"

Sunny: "Right Yuri, remember we are going to keep tabs on you."

Seohyun: "Yuri unnie, please take care of Jessica unnie for us. We always want her to be happy."

Tiffany: "As Jessie's best friend, I am happy with what you are doing Yuri. But are you really sure it's okay with you that Jessica is going to study and live in New York for 4 years? Are you not going to let her choose?"

Yuri: "Definitely not. But I am letting her do what she wants. I will not stop her. That's no way to love another person."

Taeyeon: "I am so proud of what you had become best friend."

Sooyoung: "But it's going to be sad without the ice princess."

Yoona: "Although we call her ice princess, I saw how she took care of Seobaby when she was sick. How she worries about Tiffany whenever she's mad at Taeyeon. How she keeps up with Sunny's aegyo even if its really irritating and how she's always proud of Nicole."

Tiffany: "Jessie is really a warm person, people will just to have patience to feel the goodness in her. I will definitely miss my best friend."

Nicole: "Don't worry guys, I will keep Jessie company. Anyway, we'll be going back and forth to visit our family and friends."

Yuri: "I really hope that's work."

Everybody except Yuri: "It will work!"

Yuri: "Guys, thank you for helping me. I will expect all of you later to surprise Sica."

Nicole: "Wow! You really are close to my cousin; she doesn't want anyone to call her by that name. Only you."

 

***** PRESENT TIME *****

 

Each couple started to leave the restaurant. Yuri looked around, enjoying the quietness surrounding her. Tonight, family and friends will say celebrate Jessica's success in her studies.

 

Yuri: "I hope you will like what I prepared tonight Princess."

 

Yuri and Jessica arrived at the restaurant 10 minutes pass 7 PM. As usual, Yuri escorted Jessica going out the car and going inside the restaurant. They look a perfect couple, with only happiness around them. The waiter assisted the girls to their table; Jessica was looking around wondering why there are no other people aside from the staff, Yuri and herself. Suddenly, the all lights turned off revealing candles on the tables glowing gloriously around the 2 girls. Jessica waited for a few seconds to look at Yuri who is all smiling looking back at her.

 

Out of nowhere, people started coming in. Jessica recognized her friends, her friend's parents, Nicole's parents, Mr Lee, high school teachers and friends in school. In a corner where a screen was set-up started playing videos of familiar faces congratulating and wishing her good luck on her studies. Each greeting brought tears on Jessica's eyes. Unable to control her feelings, Jessica started crying while ten girls came by closer to her. After the video finished, people were served food and Jessica's favorite songs are playing on the background. Jessica is still stunned at what she had just witness; she approached each of the tables to say thank you to the people. Jessica became busy all through the night and Yuri just let her spend time with other friends and family. Yuri is contented to see how happy and glowing Jessica is that night.

 

The party ended around 11:00 PM, as the last set of friends waved goodbye, Jessica went back inside the restaurant to look for the person she was long been waiting to spend some time with. Yuri seating on one of the table, drinking what seems to be wine smile when she saw the angel approaching her.

 

Yuri: "Did you enjoy our dinner date?"

Jessica: "I am speechless Yuri-ah!"

Yuri: "Nice, at least I get a few words to say without any interruption."

Jessica: "Huh?!"

Yuri: "I know you since we were in primary (elementary) school; I had known you since then. But I never had the courage to introduce myself to you. On secondary studies when I found out you are in the same club as my best friend, I wanted to ask her to introduce me to you - never had the chance though. But what happened at the parking lot and at the cemetery was a sure sign that we were meant to know each other."

Jessica: "..."

Yuri: "The past few weeks that I spent with you, amazingly my feelings changed. From being content to just-be-friends with you to wanting-more-to-be-with you."

Jessica: "Yuri-ah."

Yuri: "No, let me finish please. I love you Sica. I am sure of that. I am not asking you to feel the same way. I just want you to know, because when you leave I may not have a chance to tell you these."

Jessica: "..."

Yuri: "I want you to finish your studies and reach your goals. I want you to have the best because you deserve it. I want you to be strong because I will not be able to protect you in New York. I just hope that you will not forget me and may be thinking of me some time."

 

Jessica started crying. Yuri lovingly hugs the girl. Yuri doesn't want to let go of Jessica. She want to keep Jessica close to her. She wants make Jessica happy. She wants everything about Jessica. Yuri knew it is not the best.

 

Yuri: "Let's go, I'll drive you home."

Jessica: "Okay."

 

Yuri and Jessica are in front of the Jung mansion.

 

Yuri: "It was really nice to spend the night with you Sica. Thank you for letting me tell you what I feel."

Jessica: "Okay, it's my turn to say something. I want you to listen and fully understand before reacting ok."

Yuri: "You bet."

Jessica: "You are an amazing girl; it is not hard to fall in love with you. I honestly know that I am right in that situation. I am falling in love with you. However, with so many things to do and little time that we have I do not think that I want to keep you by myself. Like what you said earlier, you want me to reach my goals and that is the same thing I want you to do. To be free to do the things you want to do."

Yuri (sadness overcoming her): "Right."

Jessica: "I love you too. I don't say it for the sake of returning your love. I love you because that is how I feel. I need you because I love you."

Yuri: "So what are we going to do?"

Jessica: "Let's take things one step at a time. I'll go to New York and study. I will remain to be faithful to you. You on the other hand need to study well and... To remain faithful to me. You have to place your trust on me Yuri. If things are not meant for us, we have to let each other know. We have to be honest all the time, in that way we can keep our respect to each other. If I miss you and can't take it anymore, I will let you know then we can plan together. I know this is too much, but these are what I can honestly give. No promises."

Yuri: "Very well said."

Jessica: "Yah, Yuri-ah! Is that all you can say."

Yuri: "I love you."

 

Yuri pulled Jessica, cupped her face.

 

Yuri: "This face I will miss the most."

Jessica: "Just kiss me ok."

Yuri: "As you wish my Princess."

 

The night ended on a sweet note. Love finally blossom. Love that is not forced nor contained. Love that is willing to give way. Love can sacrifice. Love that can wait.