Interconnected Lives

Last Dance

***** NEW YORK *****

 

After two days of fever, Jessica woke up feeling much better. Nicole went to their school to report their absences; she will also buy food and medicine for her cousin. Jessica looked around when her phone rang.

 

Jessica: "Hello?"

Taecyeon: "Jess? I just wanted to apologize for what happened the other day in your school."

Jessica: "Forget in Taecyeon, just don't show yourself in school like that. I'm sorry too, I was rude. Please forget me, I'm with someone else."

Taecyeon: "I'm not giving up Jess, I really like you! I can't forget about you. You're the person I want to marry."

Jessica: "I'm sorry Taecyeon. Have to go."

Taecyeon: "Remember this Jess, I will not stop and I will make you fall in love with me."

 

Jessica hang up, feeling very tired she went back to sleep. Nicole came back at their dorm when their phone rang.

 

Nicole: "Hi?"

Unknown Caller: "This is a warning. Look after Jessica, because you never know when you will last see her."

Nicole: " Taecyeon is that you!"

 

Unknown caller disconnected the call. Nicole was so mad with the call and she almost want to contact the police, but she remembered her cousin need to drink her medicine. She will take care of that later. Taecyeon walked out of the phone booth and unknown to Taecyeon, someone is observing him at the other end of the street. The unknown observer dialed on her phone.

 

Unknown Observer: "Hello boss, the target just walked out of a phone booth."

Michael: "Really, so he must have called the Jung apartment."

Unknown Observer: "Let me check boss." - walking towards the phone booth.

Michael: "The Jung's number is XXXXXXXXXX."

Unknown Observer: "Indeed, he dialed that number boss."

Michael: "Can you still follow him until evening?"

Unknown Observer: "I can follow him 24/7 boss."

Michael: "No, I will follow him tomorrow so you can rest."

Unknown Observer: "Anything you say boss."

Michael: "Stop calling me boss, we're cousins right."

Unknown Observer: "But you're the one paying me."

Michael: "Whatever. I'll see you tomorrow at the hotel."

Unknown Observer: "Yes boss!"

 

The unknown observer walked out and went to the Central Park, she met another girl who is drinking coffee while watching the kids playing.

 

Unknown Observer: "Hi Krys!"

Krystal: "Amber! You're fast. Were you able to do all your parent's errand?"

Unknown Observer: "Yes Krys, but I have to go after one hour. I have to meet my cousin in his hotel."

Krystal: "It's fine; I have classes in one hour too. We can see each other for dinner?"

Unknown Observer: "Sure honey!"

Krystal: "I really want to see my Jessica unnie, I want to tell her that I am her younger sister."

Unknown Observer: "Don't worry, one day you will meet and see her. May be soon. Where are the documents I asked you to bring?"

Krystal: "Right here on the envelope, I hope you know what you are doing."

Unknown Observer: "I will do everything for you Krys, I promised you that I will make your life convenient. You suffered enough and I want you to acknowledge by your mother and father."

Krystal: "Thank you."

 

Unknown Observer is Kwon Amber, first cousin to Michael and Yuri. The tomboyish girl was treated by Michael and Yuri as their youngest sister, Amber is the only child and she was seven years old when her parents died of malaria (both parents are doctor and were assigned in Africa for a medical mission). Since then Mr and Mrs Kwon took care after Amber, Michael pays for Amber's school in New York where she met Krystal Jung. Krystal Jung is the younger sister of Jessica Jung, when their mother gave birth uncle Jung being the greedy brother doesn't want another daughter to share money for the Jung Enterprise planned to give away the baby. Mr Jung was travelling at that time and uncle Jung paid the nurses and doctor to inform Mrs Jung that their baby died of still birth, uncle Jung went to New York to give Krystal to a couple who can't bear a child. Krystal grew up with a happy family; she was treated well by her adopted parents. But when her adopted parent's company went down, they changed. They abuse Krystal and the teenager can't take it anymore, ran away and met Amber. Amber took care of Krystal for two years now, Amber fell in love with Krystal but she can't tell because she doesn't want the latter to change towards her. Krystal went back to her house with Amber to get money, when they found the adoption papers signed by uncle Jung and pictures of her real family. They searched the internet and found that Krsytal's real parents are Mr and Mrs Jung of the Jung Enterprise and an older sister name Jessica Jung. As much as Krystal wanted to go to South Korea, she doesn't have enough money and she can't ask Amber for the girl had done so much for her. For now, she's saving money working while studying. On the other hand, Amber thought of asking her cousin Michael to help Krystal. Amber works for Michael, following a guy name Taecyeon. Amber doesn't ask too much whenever Michael asks him to follow somebody, as long as Michael is paying for her work, she's fine with it. Amber didn't know that Taecyeon is connected to Jessica Jung who is Krystal's older sister.

 

It seems that our characters lives are interconnected with each other, although they leave separate lives they are in one web. Only time can tell when these people will meet each other to finish the entire puzzle. Yuri and Jessica, will they still have a happy ending? Krystal and Jessica, will they accept the fact that they are real sisters? Jessica and Sarah could have been a bittersweet meeting if Sarah did not die but will Jessica accept the latter as an older sister? Krystal and Amber, will the latter be able to tell her feelings for Krystal and keep her forever? Jessica and Taecyeon, will he accept that he is not fated for Jessica? Yuri and Taecyeon, will Yuri continue to fight for Jessica and will she let Taecyeon get to Jessica first? Yuri and Victoria, will the latter make Yuri fall in love to her again and will she win against Jessica over Yuri's heart? Michael and Jessica, will he keep on protecting Jessica? Michael and Yuri, will he tell Yuri the real reason why the couple are important to him? Michael and Krystal, will he help the young girl meet her older sister? Michael and Taecyeon, will they really fight because of Jessica? Michael and Sarah, will he fall in love again? Taeyeon and Tiffany, Sooyoung and Sunny, Yoona and Seohyun, will their love for each other keep? Nicole and Hyoyeon, will their relationship climb a notch? Who will win, who will lose. Is the story almost coming to an end? Will the fated lovers win and keep their promise to hold on to each other? Only destiny and fate can determine that... Destiny and Fate. Yuri and Jessica.

 

***** SOUTH KOREA *****

 

Today is Yuri's swimming competition, this day will let tell Yuri's future in the National Team. Yuri sure wants to play for the National Team for a year, because what she wants is to spend more time with Jessica after finishing her studies. The crowd is jam pack and Victoria came early to wish Yuri good luck.

 

Victoria: "Yuri-ah, sweetheart! I know you will win today."

Yuri (avoiding Victoria): "Thanks!"

 

Victoria kissed Yuri and all Yuri's friends and her parents saw it. Mrs Kwon and Nana shook their heads.

 

Mrs Kwon: "Dear, I hope that is not a bad sign!"

Nana: "Whenever I see Victoria, it is always a bad omen."

Mrs Kwon: "I hope Yul will not fall for that girl again. I'm worried about Jessica."

Nana: "Don't worry Mrs Kwon, I will clear Yul's head if in case she falls for Victoria again."

Mrs Kwon: "I really hope nothing bad will happen."

 

On the other side there are mixed reactions from the girls.

 

Yoona: "Yeah, what was that for? Why did Yuri unnie let Victoria kiss her?"

Sooyoung: "I will kill Yuri, after what Victoria did to her she's fine again with her?!"

Taeyeon: "Let's talk to Yuri later; we have to know she seems to close to Victoria again."

Hyoyeon: "Right, I don't like how Victoria is acting with Yuri!"

Tiffany, Sunny and Seohyun: "Does Jessica (unnie) have to worry about that?"

Hyoyeon: "Please don't tell Jessie about this."

Taeyeon: "Let's find out first Victoria's plan."

 

With that, everybody watch the competition. In the end, Yuri won all her competition. Easy for Yuri to win because she was only thinking of Jessica. Every award is for her girlfriend, she only hopes that Jessica is well now. She is looking forward to talk to her on weekend.