And I Found A Brother In New York

Last Dance

***** NEW YORK *****

 

Jessica's at school when she thought of asking Michael to meet her, since she came back she was not able to see the professor. Jessica needs to talk to someone other than Nicole, who is always busy with her school projects and term papers. Jessica dialed Michael's number.

 

Michael: "Hello?!"
Jessica: "Michael oppa, how are you doing? It's Jessica. Do you have anything to do? Can we meet?"
Michael: "Hey, Sica! Have not seen you since going back from Korea. I'm good. I still have one more class in an hour, can you wait for me? We can meet outside the campus. It's been a long time since I eat outside school."
Jessica: "We can meet at Hell's Kitchen then."
Michael: "Sure, I'll see you in 2 hours?"
Jessica: "Thanks oppa."

 

Jessica excitedly walked back to her apartment, in this way she can think of someone else or something else other than missing-to-death her one and only live Yuri. Michael is like an older brother Jessica never had, may be they are connected is some way but how, Jessica doesn't know.

 

Michael finishes his class after an hour, he looks at his watch and found that he still have an hour and a half to prepare for dinner with Jessica. He went to the hotel and showered. He wore casual tonight, he doesn't want Jessica to feel formal with him. He knew that Jessica needs to talk to some about Yuri. Soon, he will tell Jessica with the whole truth. Maybe tonight can be the start.

 

Michael met Jessica in Hell's Kitchen, they ordered house special and when food was served Michael started the conversation.

 

Michael: "How was your visit back home?"
Jessica: "Good and bad things happened, but it was nice to be home even for a few days only."
Michael: "I remembe when I was in college, I was an exchange student in Seoul University. There I met the love of my life."
Jessica: "You miss her."
Michael: "A lot. But I am moving on, although there are times when I just stop and look back to our wonderful moments."
Jessica: "Mind if you share your love story?" - giggles.
Michael: "No problem Sica, may be in this way you can rely."
Jessica: "Hehehe.."
Michael: "I met Sarah in the campus; I bump her while running for class. I was almost late and I just fished my bag and run like hell, I didn't see Sarah walking on the other side of the hall."
Jessica: "Love at first bump huh?!"
Michael: "You can say that. I picked her things and when I looked at her, I was struck by how beautiful she is. She's like an angel that fall from heaven. I was late in class because I insisted on walking her to her class while carrying her things."
Jessica: "Sarah unnie must be really beautiful."
Michael: "Come to think of it, she almost looks like you. I remember now why I am so fond of you, you remind me of Sarah a lot. I have a picture of her here in my wallet, let me show you."


 
Michael showed Jessica the only picture on his wallet. Jessica looked at Sarah's photo and she was suprise because the girl on the picture looks like her father. She looked back at Michael before staring at the picture again.

 

Michael: "Is there something wrong?"
Jessica: "Sarah unnie looks a like my father. I was just surprise with their very close similarity."
Michael: "Really?"
Jessica: "She is really beautiful. You are very lucky; I just wish she is still here so I can meet her personally."
Michael: "She's always right here (points at his heart). Will ever be. I courted her for eight months before we became a couple."
Jessica: "It was worth the wait right?"
Michael: "Bittersweet moment for me. We had a wonderful and flourished love story, until we celebrated our 4th anniversary. She didn't tell me that she was already diagnosed with leukemia; she explained that she doesn't want me to worry and she doesn't want me to love her out of pity. I felt very bad about it, but what can I do. She only has months to leave."
Jessica: "It's both painful to you and Sarah unnie."
Michael: "Yes it is. It was a challenge that both of us fought up to the very end. I put Sarah's life in our Creator. It was also a bittersweet end of our four years together. Although she made me very happy all those times."
Jessica: "She must be proud looking down on you from heaven."
Michael: "Sarah grew up without a father, she tells me how much she wanted to meet her father and tell him what she had achieved on her life."
Jessica: "Where is her father?"
Michael: "She was born out of wedlock; her father went to Japan to manage a business. Her mother fell out of love for her father and married someone else, Sarah loved her stepfather so much but as a kid you always want to meet your real father. Sarah researched for her father and found that he owns a big business, has 2 children and married to a beautiful wife. She was contented to look at his picture for she doesn't want to break his family just to introduce herself. After her burial, one of her friend gave me a big envelope that came from Sarah."
Jessica: "What was in the envelope oppa?"
Michael: "Her letter to me, everything that she saved she placed on a back account named after her two half sisters. She mentioned on her letter that it is the only legacy she can give to her sisters; make sure that both of them have something from her."
Jessica: "That is so sweet."
Michael: "She loves her sisters even without meeting them in person. She left me with her house, car and a lot of accessories. I still keep it in my own place."
Jessica: "Can I see some time?"
Michael: "Tell you what, one day I'll invite you and another friend at Sarah's home. I will let you read her letter, see her things and tell me you reaction."
Jessica: "Can't wait."
Michael: "Enough of my love story with Sarah. How are you and your girlfriend? You have not mentioned her name so far."
Jessica: "Yuri-ah broke up with me. She found out that my family had arranged for me to marry a son of a businessman to save our company."
Michael: "She didn't give you a chance to explain?"
Jessica: "She must felt that I betrayed her. I didn't know anything about the marriage. My parents are gone, I don't have a guardian. It was my uncle who is managing our business."
Michael: "I think she feels sorry for not talking to you and worst for breaking up with you."
Jessica: "We didn't talk before I left Korea. I just said goodbye to her through my friends. I don't want to force her to talk to me just because I am leaving again. I want to give her some time think. If she still loves me, I know time will bind us together."
Michael: "You know, I like you. You seem to be so positive even feeling sad. I only wish I can talk sense to Yuri, but like what you said if she loves you, she will definitely come back to you."
Jessica: "You also remind me of her a lot. Both of you are dorky!"
Michael: "Aish. I am not. Hehehe. Wait; is Nicole still busy with her projects? Do you want us to buy something for her?"
Jessica: "Sure oppa."

 

Michael and Jessica left Hell's Kitchen with a growing friendship towards each other. Michael is very sure that Jessica is the right person for her sister; he only hopes that Yuri will keep her heart only for Jessica.

 

Somehow, even with a human plan... Michael and Jessica, Yuri and Krystal became connected to each other. Sarah must be looking at them from heaven, helping each one of the characters to remain positive and to continue life for destiny and fate are working their part for a magical ending..