Taking Chances

Dongsaeng Saranghae

 

I went back to school a bit excited for I would see some of my closest classmates and with a hopeful mind that's convincing my heart that from this day on, everything will be back the way it used to be. My simple and not complicated life before I met Minho.
 
Assignments, projects and exams were the things that kept me busy on the next months. It made me focus more on my studies and had helped me a lot to move on.
 
The season of spring has ended along with all the pain in my heart, I could say that I am finally alright. But that doesn't mean that I have stopped loving my Minho. I still do. In fact, his absence made me missed him and love him more.
It was mid of summer when I got a surprise visit from Taemin. I was happy and excited seeing him again. I really didin't expect it because I know that he was so busy at school.
 
"Hi Princess! You missed me?" he greeted me with a big grin on his face.
 
He haven't change at all. Still joyful and charming. I gave him a quick hug before I spoke, "Of course! Who would've missed someone like Lee Taemin, The famous dancer of SM High School?"
 
"I know you would say that.. hrmm, so, how are things going in school?"
 
"Always busy. I think all the teachers were coping up on all the lessons that we have missed during the spring break. How about you? I'm sure you're much more busy than I am.."
 
"Yeah, you're right. But I could always find time to visit you."
 
There was a quick silence between us so I spoke again to cut it out.
 
"I know. Thanks! How's the dance club you were handling?"
 
"We have new members. A group of freshmen who really love to dance. They named their group EXO. I am the one who personally training them. They are all very aspiring especially that guy named Kai."
 
"Oh, that's cool! I'm sure, they'll be a dance expert like their trainor. How about the... the music club? Ahm, do you have any news? I mean..."
 
And he cut my sentence.
 
"You mean if I have any updates regarding Minho?.."
 
I looked down. I felt uneased and shy infront of Taemin. I should have not asked him that question. I was so insensitive.
 
"I'm sorry Taemin.. I didn't mean to."
 
"Truth is I often see him at school. Mostly when there's an school program wherein all the Art's Club are oblige to present something. But I can tell that he doesn't want to see me at all. He can't stand to look at me even for a second."
 
"I'm sorry to hear that. I promise not to ask about him again.." I said and tried to put a smile on my lips.
 
"Can you promise me one more thing Chemi?"
 
I looked at him. He was so serious. He slowly walked and sat beside me, held my hand and said, "Please promise me Chemi that you'll teach your heart to let him go. I know that would not be easy but I'm here to help you. I swear to wipe away all the pain he had caused you. My love will heal your broken heart if you will just give me a chance.."
 
I was shocked. I was aware though of his feelings for me but still I didn't expect that he would admit it this day. I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out. I just took a deep breath instead.
 
"I'm sorry if I made you feel this way but i just have to say it. I've been hiding it for months now and I just can't keep it anymore. Are you upset?"
 
"Surprised yes, but not upset. I understand you Taemin, don't worry."
 
"Thank you Chemi.. Is that mean.. Mmm, you'll now allow me to formally court you?.." he asked while staring deeply in my eyes.
 
I couldn't stand that stare. I felt like I was melting so I shifted my glance from him to the window. Then I spoke.. "I don't know Taemin.. Truth is I'm confused and afraid. My mind tells me that I am so lucky to be liked by you because you're such a nice guy, Taemin. Any girl would love to be in my position. And believe it or not I like you too and you are so special to me... It's just that, I love this friendship of ours right now and I treasure it a lot. I don't want it to be ruined by romance and infatuation just like what happened between me and..."
 
"But I wouldn't be like him." he said a bit loud.
 
Our conversation was cut by a knocked on the door. I was a bit relieved by that. It was mom. She went this morning to the supermarket to buy some goods.
 
"Annyeong Mrs. Park!" Taemin greeted her.
 
"Oh hi! I'm glad you find time to visit Chemi.. I'll leave the two of you now for I have to cook now for dinner. Please join us."
 
"Neh! Gomawo Mrs. Park."
 
While waiting for dinner, Taemin and I seated at the porch swing outside.
 
"I saw TOP hyung couple of weeks ago and he told me the good news about him and Bom noona. I can tell he's so happy with it. Sometimes, when we were talking, he would just stare at something and then start to smile. Haaay.. I envy him.. lucky hyung."
 
"I am happy too for the both of them. They were so inlove with each other." I said, thinking about my unnie.
 
The warm wind of summer blew. The sun was getting ready to take a rest. Taemin stood up while staring at the sky.
 
"You know Chemi, I believe that we are the one who controls our happiness. Even if we have the things in the world, If we choose to be sad, then we will be. We must not depend our joy in things or persons, cause once it's gone in our lives, everyday would be a sad day and before we knew it, we're now living in a life full of misery."
 
That made me think of the things that happened in my life in the past and how it was affecting the present. Taemin was right, I was the one who chose to be sad and afraid. Even I have a good life right now and a guy that promises to make me happy, I was still in doubt about it. Maybe, I should take a chance again. Another chance to be happy.. with Taemin.

okay, okay. i'll admit. this isn't in the plan at all.

but, i have this urge to see more of the side pairing.

hey, i know what you're thinking.

minho will be back in the story in a while, i promise!

 

ANYWAYS. yay~ EXO! haha

idk but EXO's my current addiction and they're literally killing me.

the cuteness and the hotness and the derpness and urghhhh. i can't contain the feels. TTT^TTT

you guys should talk to me on tumblr here, YOU GUYS JUST SHOULDDDDDD!

please?