In His Shoes

Dongsaeng Saranghae
Before returning to TOP oppa's place, Taemin and I went in to the village clubhouse. He brought banana milk for us and asked me if I wanted to stay there with him for more couple of minutes and I agreed.
 
There, I got to know Taemin more. His likes, hobbies, family background, and his dreams. My first impression on him was a total opposite of what he really is. He's not conceited like I always thought of him. He's very humble, jolly, funny but sensitive in dealing with other's feelings.
 
As soon as we finished drinking our banana milk, we headed back to TOP oppa's house. We were couple of houses away from it when I saw Bom unnie went out of the gate looking so worried. Beside her is TOP oppa.
 
*Oh my... unnie was looking for me.* I thought, so I shouted out to call her attention.
 
"Unnie!" I called waving my hand.
 
She ran towards me and Taemin. "Where have you been Chemi? We were looking for you all over TOP's house. I was so worried.." she said, gasping her breath.
 
"I'm sorry unnie... I didn't mean to make you worry. It's just that..."
 
"I'm sorry noona, it's all my fault." Taemin cut across me.
"I forced her to accompany me at the club house and she couldn't say no." he continued while laughing.
 
"I knew it. I actually told Bom that you might be with Taemin strolling along the village but she's still worried about you Chemi. Always worried about you..." TOP oppa said.
 
"Please forgive me noona.." Taemin said as he bowed down his head in a 90 degree angle.
 
Bom unnie laughed at him, "Ok then , you're forgiven Lee Taemin. But next time, make sure that I know where you will take my sister, okay?" she said still giggling.
 
"No problem noona!" he then made a salute.
 
Everyone of us laughed at him. I smiled to myself mentally. He's so adorable.
I wanted to go home early but Bom unnie liked to stay until the party ends and so she asked Taemin if he could drive me home and he gladly said yes.
 
"At last I have come to see your house.." he said, smiling as he pulled over his car in front of our house.
 
"Thank you so much Taemin. You know, not just for driving me home but also for being a friend... And I'm sorry I have misjudged you before." I told him sincerely.
 
"No harm done. I understand." he politely replied.
 
"Can I ask you a favor Taemin? Please don't tell oppa what happened at the party especially the things we had talked about.."
 
"You can count on me Chemi."
 
"Gomawo, Taemin".
 
I was relieved by what he said and I threw my arms on him, giving him a hug. Truth is, I don't know why I did that. Maybe I just needed it. My heart needs it. A hug from a friend and at that moment, I found a friend indeed through Taemin. He hugged me too while gently tapping my back. We were on that position for a couple of seconds when I suddenly felt shy and so I released my arms and bid him goodbye.
 
"Hrm, Thank you again and drive home safely, okay? See you around." I said and I went out of his car.
 
"Goodnight dear Chemi.." he waved goodbye then he started to drive his car.
 
I turned around and I saw Minho walking towards me.
 
"Saeng!" he called.
 
"Hi!" I greeted him.
 
"It seems that you're feeling well now.." he said wearing his signature smile.
 
"Yes. I am okay now. Thank you for visiting me yesterday. I really appreciate it." I answered trying not to stare at his angelic face.
 
"Of course! Anything for you my dongsaeng. You know how much you mean to me, right? By the way, where's your sister?" he asked trying to sound casual.
 
"She stayed there at TOP oppa's place. But she'll be coming home in no time." I replied. I can't help but to think about what happened back there at the party. I felt so guilty..
 
"Spring break will be off in less than a week. Let's spend some time again together. How about a music jamming tomorrow? Same time, same place."
 
I wanted to cry when I heard those words and apologize for all of the things I've done. For messing up with his feelings for Bom unnie. Minho treated me well as his bestfriend. He's always been good to me. Tears streamed down from my eyes and I embraced him.. so tight. He was shocked at first but he just let me do it.
 
"What's the problem, saeng? What's bothering you?" he gently asked. I pulled my face against his chest, tightening my arms around him and wiped my tears before answering him.
 
"You'll know. I promise I will let you know before you get back to Seoul. Thank you Minho for being so nice to me. Helping me out and supporting me with my music. And yes, let's have some music jamming tomorrow."
 
"Okay then, I'll see you after lunch. Good night Chemi! Have a sweet dreams." he said then turned around. I went up to my room, again feeling sad and guilty. I dove in to my soft bed, buried my face on my pillow and cried there silently.
 
*If I just didn't let this feelings of mine get way into our friendship, I wouldn't be in this situation. Minho has all the right to know what I have done but I don't know how to tell him..*
 
I was on that thought when I heard the buzzing sound my phone was making. A new number was flashing on the screen.
 
"Yeoboseyo? Who's this?" I asked.
 
"Did I wake you up?" a familiar voice of a guy answered.
 
"Taemin? Is that you?" I asked again.
 
He chuckled before he spoke again, "Yes, Chemi dear. Still awake, huh? Am I the one you were thinking? Don't be shy, I won't mind you know.."
 
"Lee Taemin!" I made a loud voice but not a shout.
 
"Okay, okay. Mianhae.. I just want to make you smile. How are you? Is everything alright?" he asked, bringing up a new topic.
 
"I'm trying my very best to be okay. I spoke to Minho right after you left and he wants us to have our music jamming tomorrow. It's just that I can't help but to feel giulty whenever I se him." I pouted my lips and sighed. I consider Taemin to be my friend and so I didn't hesitate to tell him what I was thinking.
 
He took a deep breath before he speaks, "How I wish I was the one you have met first.. You are so nice Chemi. You're beautiful inside and out and honestly, if I were on Minho's shoes I'll easily fall for you and won't let you slip off my hand."
 
I felt my own mouth gaping a little. I was stunned. I didn't know how to react on what he said. The phone line were covered by silence and then followed by awkwardness on both on our part. No one was talking but none of us wanted to hang up. All we could hear was our breath over the phone. We were like that for who-knows-how-long when I decided to speak at last.
 
"You're kidding right? Lee Taemin?" I faked a chuckle. I fumbled on my dress, nervous.
 
"How I wish.. but I'm not. I won't make fun out of my true feelings" he sighed. "I know you're having a difficualt time right now dealing with what you feel about him but I just thought that you should know how I really feel about you. And I'm dead serous about it Park Chemi.." he answered.
 
*What's got into you Lee Taemin? Why are you doing this?* I wanted to ask him that but I don't want him to be offended.
 
"Okay. I believe you and thank you for everything. For being a good friend of mine. It's kinda late.. let's call it a day, okay? Good night Taemin! Thank for calling!" I said, interrupting him for what he might say.
 
"Yeah. Good night Chemi and I'll see you around. Bye." he replied before hanging up.
 
I lay down on bed and suddenly felt very tired. It has been a very long day for me and in no time, I have fallen asleep.
This is quite long, don't you think?
I'm sorry if I wasn't able to update so often these days..
I was kinda busy learning and practicing how to edit posters! :D
And that poster above is an example of what we call 'FAIL'.. XD
I'll update again tomorrow! I promise.. :3