Drunken Mind Speaks Sober Heart (Minho's 3rd POV)

Dongsaeng Saranghae

 

When I heard Bom noona's invitation to come with them, I really wanted to say "Yes". It has been a while since the day I left that place, the one that has been so memorable to me. Even if Aunt GaEul was still out of the country for some charity works, I would really love to go there and be with Chemi. When I said I missed our music session, I honestly mean it, but I just couldn't go as of that moment. I had to meet someone.. I decided not to tell them about it, so I just had to make a little white lie back there about going back to campus and having to do a lot of things. I have something important to do though, it's just had nothing to do with school works, it was a personal matter between me and Taemin...

 
I entered BlueFire Club, it was where we decided to meet. I went straight to the bar area, Taemin wasn't there when I arrived, so I started to order some beer while waiting for him.
 
*Do you really want to do this Minho?..* I asked myself while gulping my iced-cold drink.
 
I had a sudden flashback of the scenes that happened during the concert at the campus. Lots of surprissing and unexpected events happened that day. I was so surprised when I found out from my good friend Onew the real score between Chemi and Taemin, and I confided it all to him, what I truly felt for Chemi and how I became so coward about it. From that moment on, I couldn't function well, I was so down and wanted to just go home but I couldn't just leave the Music Dept I was supervising, the whole team was expecting so much from me as their President. The concert began and I had to try hard to regain my focus on that event. Shouts and applause were banging inside the stadium every efter a performance. I was standing at the right corner of the stage, seriously watching the students who were performing. From where I stood, I could vividly see Chemi's seat, she was enjoying the show and I was so happy to see that.
 
My time to perform has come, I decided to sing "Hello", it was Chemi's song. The very first song she composed with my little help. I didn't really expect that I'll be singing this song infront of her. Never in my thought that I would be seeing her again yesterday inside SM High School. My heart was beating fast as I moved at the center stage and the spotlight focused on me. I tried hard to have a calm voice and be relax when I started to speak and had a little prelude about the song I'm gonna sing. I was surprised too with what I had said especially the last part "Dongsaeng Saranghae". The emotions inside my heart just poured out on my lips. I was not at eased at that time, thinking that it may caused confusion to Chemi or trouble between the two of them, but nevertheless, I felt relieved and happy about it. After I spoke, I sang that special song with all my heart while reminiscing of that day when I first lend my eyes on Chemi..
 
The concert came to it's final performance of the night. It was a dance number between Taemin and the bratty president of Arts Dept, Krystal. I was changing my glimpse the whole time they were dancing. My eyes were looking back and forth from the stage to Chemi.  I could see that she was not happy on what she's been watching. I worried too much about her, truth is, I wanted to run towards her, grab her hands and take her away from that place, but she chose to stay and watch that performance up to the end. When the crowd started to scream and requested for a kiss between Taemin and Krystal, I began to panic, but I was still hopeful that Taem wouldn't do it. He must not do it.. for Chemi. My glance continued to shifted back and forth from the stage to Chemi's seat, then I was startled to see that Krystal did the first move and kissed Taemin on his lips, but it was nothing compared to the disappointment and anger I felt when Taemin responded to that kiss. It was then I saw Chemi hurriedly went out of the stadium. I really wanted to follow Chemi but I needed to stay a little more at the concert.  
 
When the show finally ended, I hurriedly went at the back stage to fix my things and leave the campus to follow Chemi. I really wanted to comfort her, I know she needed someone to talk to at that moment. I was clearing my stuff when Onew announced that there will be a thanks giving party after. I wasn't excited about it, I didn't even have any plan of attending, my mind was set in finding Chemi. I was about to ride on my car when someone called me.
 
"Hyung!" 
 
It was Taemin. I was surprised, I didn't expect it at all. I didn't respond on his call, I let him speak.
 
"Uhm.. You're leaving now? The party is about to start and--"
 
"I don't wanna go to that party." I abruptly said. 
 
"Oh, Uhm," he was struggling to say what he wanted to say so I just asked him straightly cause the time was ticking and I might not able to find Chemi in time.
 
"Taem, just say it. What do you want from me? I'm really in a hurry right now."
 
"Hyung, Uhm.. I was wondering if by any chance you have seen Chemi around? I was looking for her, and her friend Ann J told me that she left after--"
 
"After you kissed Krystal." I said sarcastically.
 
"You know it's not like that. It's nothing! I just have to do it but I swear I didn't mean it. It's just a plain fan service. Please.. Have you seen her? Do you know where she is right now? I tried calling her but she wasn't taking it. Please hyung... I really need to explain myself. I.. I.." Taemin began to sob and he was like a melting candle that slowly slided beside my car. I instantly helped him to stand again. He was now crying like a kid.
 
"Taem.. Listen, I don't know where she is and where to find her, but I promise you this, I won't stop until I am sure that she's alright, okay? I have to go now, are you coming with me?" I asked him.
 
"I really want to but I just can't leave right now. CEO SooMan is expecting my presence at the party. You understand me, don't you?" he asked, staring in my eyes, looking for some understanding.
 
"Okay, I'll go ahead. Go back inside." I just said. He embraced me tightly, I could see that he was somehow relieved. 
 
"Gomawoyo hyung!!! Thank you so much."
 
That was the last thing he said before I headed outside the campus. Suddenly, I felt like my head was spinning around.
 
*What's happening? I actually thought that this would be my chance to get Chemi back.. the girl that was meant for me, but how would I do such thing if someone who's like a younger brother to me, will lost someone so special to him? It's been a long time since Taemin and I had the chance to talk and seeing him like that for the very first time really breaks my heart. What will I do now? I am torn between the love I wanna fight for and the happiness I could give to a brother who's relying on me right now?..* I was on that thought when heavy rain began to pour. I was slowly driving and my glance were on different directions, looking left and right, hoping that I would see Chemi. I was heading on the third bus stop from the campus when I noticed someone sitting alone at the bench under the shed, I stopped the car to take a look and I was in total shocked when I saw Chemi trembling and about to fall down at the bench. I instantly grabbed my umbrella and ran towards her. I brought her at the nearest hospital and contacted her unnie, Bom.
 
 
 
"Am I late or you're just early?" A voice from behind me interrupted my thoughts. It was Taemin.
 
"Huh?.. Uhm, aniyo. I just arrived," I simply said. He sat beside me and ordered for a beer also. 
 
"You're not allowed with that, are you?" I asked without looking at him.
 
"I'm not a kid, Hyung. And besides, everytime I'm here I order this and they allow me to. Right bro?" he said making a high five with the man at the counter.
 
"You haven't change Taemin, you still do what you wanna do and gets whatever you pleased." I told him, this time throwing a quick glance on his face.
 
"Please Minho hyung, we're not here for that, are we?.. Let's drop it, ok? How's she?" he asked, his voice lowered down, almost like a whisper. I didn't respond, instead I drank my beer until it was empty and I ordered another bottle. He continued to speak, "You called me last night saying you have found her already and that you'll just tell me the details today. I was at the party but my mind was flying, I was so worried about Chemi.. I haven't been able to sleep at all. Please.. I'm dying to know what happened to her." he desperately asked.
 
I told him what had happened from the time I saw Chemi at the bus stop, how I brought her up to the hospital and contacted her unnie, Bom. I even told him the talk I had with TOP and that we're now in good terms. He said he was happy for me, TOP is a good friend of Taemin, and it would be great if I make friends also with TOP. 
 
"Neomu Gamsahaeyo Minho hyung.. I really appreciate what you've done. I just don't know how and where to start explaining things to Chemi when I see her.. I don't know if you'll believe me but I really have no intention of hurting her at all. It just happened out of my control, and ended as a total busted." he explained but I cut it out.
 
"Don't tell me that you had no control over it when in fact you have all the right to control it. You just could've avoided it, if you really want to, but what did you do? Huh? You responded on that kiss. You knew! you knew all along that Chemi will get hurt but you still chose to do such thing! You're so stupid, don't you know? And please don't make any crap excuses for your actions cause that just won't do Lee Taemin. I know that you know what I'm saying." I pissedly said.
 
"Okay! Fine! I chose to respond on Krystal's kiss, but my intention was not to hurt Chemi but to make all my supporters to be happy. They came to see a big show, might as well they all go home with something that would satisfied them. I have been working so hard since day one as being part of Arts Dept, and now that I have gain what I've always wanted, I don't want it to slip through my hands just like that. I love Chemi.. so much. The same way I love my dreams. I don't know how will I do it but I needed them both in my life. I wanted Chemi on my side while I am reaching my dreams. Is it so hard to understand hyung? Tell me.. cause I really don't know what to think or do anymore. I am so confused right now.." he answered with a cracked voice.
 
That made me think and analyze his situation, and I must admit it was a hard one. I saw how he pursued so hard to be where he is right now. I gulped my second bottle of beer and asked for my third bottle, while Taemin ordered for his second. We were in silence for the next couple of minutes. Both of us were in deep thoughts, lots of things were going on in our heads. I was drinking my fourth bottle when he started to speak again.
 
"The song you had sung on the concert, was it for her? And your message "Dongsaeng Saranghae", you're pertaining to her, right? Right hyung? Tell me the truth." he abruptly asked.
 
"What? Are you drunk already?" I answered him with a question, trying to avoid that topic.
 
He chuckled then continued to talk "Why hyung?.. Because a drunken mind speaks a sober heart? But it doesn't change the fact that you're now inlove with Chemi, right? Admit it Minho! Tell it to my face. Come on!" he was now raising a bit of his voice. Now, I am sure that he is drunk without further asking.
 
"Do you really want to hear it, huh? Yes! I'm inlove with her. Her absence made me realize that I do care a lot for her and that I love her even before I saw Bom's portrait inside their home. Happy now, huh? Do you wanna know more?! Yes, when I saw her again at the campus two days ago, I had planned of admitting my feelings for her but to my surprise, I found out that you two were couple. And yes again, if you were thinking that I wanted to steal her from you the moment you got busted back at the concert cause I was thinking that I had her first before you even meet her.." I continuously said before I take a look at him who was staring straightly into me with a mouth halfly opened. Then, I was a bit shocked when I saw a tear fell down from his left eye.
 
"Mianhe.. Mianhaeyo Taemin.." I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just said what's inside my heart.
 
He was sobbing now while looking at the bottle he was holding then he spoke "I understand.. But, do you mean it? You will steal her from me?.."
 
*Yes* that was my heart speaking.
 
"Ani. I won't do such thing Taemin. I respect your relationship with Chemi. Whatever feelings I'm having for her, it would be just between me and myself. I hope everything would turn out well for the both of you. One more thing, when you have her back, please don't hurt her again.. or I might just break my promise of not stealing her with you.." I finally said then I stood up to leave him. Before I even make my first step, he called me.
 
"Hyung.."
 
I stopped to listen to what he was gonna say.
 
"Gomawoyo.."
 
I turned back to face him, tapped his shoulder and continued to walk towards the exit door of BlueFire. As I reached my car, all the emotions that I was hiding infront of Taemin exploded. I cried my heart out as soon as I got inside, burrying my face on the car's steering wheel. *You're such a coward Minho.. You are so pathetic and coward.. You let her go away.. again.* That words kept on lingering on my head even as I got home and went to my bed, it continued to echoed on me.
 
 
 
 
I actually made this Chappie within one sitting in span of 6 hours today  :))
it's been raining here all day long and I dunno but there's something about the rain that 
makes me inspire more to write. Ideas and scenarios were overflowing on my head.
this is one of the longest chappies I have been wrote..
hope you guys enjoy this one.. happy reading!
~eyeonyou27~