Missing You

Dongsaeng Saranghae
After a week, I went back to school. Thanks to Ann J, she lend me her notes so I could cope up from all the lessons I have missed. I was on my way to school, walking on the road side when the first drop of snow showed up. I instantly paused, there's something I felt upon seeing those tiny flakes, a mixed of excitement and joy rushed through me. *That's odd.* I thought. I couldn't remember the time I got excited on the first day of Winter, it was just an ordinary day for me for the past fifteen years of my life. I shook my head erasing the possible reason for that sudden feeling cause I knew that it would just lead me to think of him again. I continued to walk, focusing on the things that should matter more to me, like my studies.
 
Things went well on school, I easily got along with the new lessons and as expected, we've been loaded with lots of assignments and projects. I got so busy with it that it had lessen the time I spent with Taemin. It was fine with him though cause he was also busy with his studies at SM High School. Weeks passed by so fast that I didn't even notice that in less than a week, it would be Christmas. Roads, buildings, and homes began to be sparkled by different lights and decors. I could see many people spending most of their time at the malls and shopping center buying presents for their loved ones. Truly, Christmas season is one of the best times of the year. At home, we also took time to decorate it. We have this huge christmas tree, and we decided to put little Santa figures on it with some candy canes and a big silver star at the top. Bom unnie will be joining us on Christmas eve with TOP oppa of course. Taem would love to join with us also, but he made a promise with his mom that they will be together on that special night, and so we chose to meet at exactly Christmas day.
December 23, it was around 8 o'clock in the evening, I was at my room checking on my Twitter account when I noticed that the porch light on Aunt Gaeul's house lighted. Curiousity pushed me to go near at the window hoping to see it clearly and to my surprise I saw shadows behind their curtain, walking around at the living room. *Oh my! Is Aunt GaEul home already?.. And who's with her?* I thought. I leaned closer at the glass of my window, I was having a bit trouble seeing it because of the snow that was falling. *Oh Chemi, why don't you just visit her tomorrow to find out.* I told myself, so I moved back to my bed, continued what I have been doing and after an hour, I went to sleep.
 
When I woke up the next morning, I instantly looked across the street from behind my window. The snow started to pile up at the road. Wearing my winter coat and winter shoes, after I took my breakfast, I crossed the street heading to Mrs. Choi's residence, I paused when I reached the main door. Slightly feeling nervous, I pushed the door bell and waited for someone to open up. The cold wind that was blowing were giving me extra chill inside. I held up my breath when the door slowly opened. A glowing face of Mrs. Choi, wearing a big grin greeted me. "Oh! Hi dear! I'm so glad to see you again," she said giving me a warm embrace. 
 
"Glad to see you too Mrs. Choi.. I mean Aunt GaEul. I missed you," I told her. "That's sweet.. Come in. Come in. It's freezing outside. Have a seat please," she responded.
 
She prepared corn soup and a cheesy french bread for me, and as we began to eat, she started to share what she had been up to when she travelled to be part of a global charity work for the needy kids. She said it was difficult but very fulfilling. I was so amazed with all her stories. I hope to do things like that someday, helping out others that are less fortunate. After we finished our food, I offered to wash the dishes, and she gladly accepted it.
 
I was at the kitchen when I heard the main door opened up. I assumed Aunt GaEul went outside, so I just continued on what I was doing. After I finished it, I took a drinking glass and opened up the fridge to look for some juice. I saw a bottle of mango juice, I took it and was pouring it in the glass when I heard footsteps walking towards me. It ended exactly behind the fridge door that was opened. "Uhm, Aunt GaEul I took some of your juice here, I'm sorry I didn't ask for your permission," I instantly said, explaining what I was doing right there. I slowly closed the fridge door and I was so shocked to see Minho standing there with grocery bags on his hands. I got startled causing the glass to slip through my hand and crash on the floor. Some of the broken glass dropped in to my feet, and when I looked at it, some parts were actually quite bleeding. Minho immediately put down the bags at the table and carried me out of the kitchen. He accompany me through the living room and went back to the kitchen to clean the mess I have done. After that, he rushed to the bathroom to get the first aid kid and he began to clean my wounds. It was then, when he started to speak.
 
"What happened to you back there, huh?" He was actually smiling while saying that, and it made my cheeks turned red.
 
"I just got frightened.." I replied.
 
"Frightened? What? Do I look like a ghost or something?" He asked teasing me.
 
"Minho!.." I blurted out.
 
"That's the thing I am missing a lot about you," he said laughing then his reaction turned a bit serious before he continued to speak, "I missed this. I missed us. I missed you."
 
 
For a moment, I was just staring at him, I really didn't know what to say and how to respond on what he just told me. *I missed you too.. so much.* That was me talking to myself silently. "Uhm.. now you're being serious huh?" I told him trying to change the topic. "So, are you spending the Christmas Eve here at Aunt GaEul's place?" I asked.
 
"Yeah," he simply said. It was then Aunt GaEul came at the living room. I didn't notice that she went upstairs while I was at the kitchen a while ago.
 
"Minho dear, have you had troubled finding the items on my grocery list?" she asked him.
 
"A bit, but it's fine, I have bought all of it," he responded while clearing the things he used to clean my wounds.
 
"Oh, what happened to you Chemi? Where did you get those?" Aunt GaEul asked worriedly pertaining to my wounds.
 
"I dropped your glass at the kitchen. Mianheyeo.." I apologized.
 
"It's fine dear, don't worry about it," she answered. 
 
I stood up causing my wounds to be painful, but I still managed it. I needed to come back home before lunch time. I said goodbye, and was heading outside when Aunt GaEul said, "Uhm, Chemi! Kindly tell your mom that Minho and I will be joining your family later at Christmas Eve dinner, okay?" she told me.
 
"That would be great! I'm sure mom and dad will be very happy to see you again Aunt GaEul," I replied. 
 
Minho accompanied me outside and to my surprise, he suddenly bent down and said, "Get on my back." 
 
"Huh? No, I'll just walk. I'm fine, thanks." I hesitated.
 
"Chemi, if your wounds got exposed to cold ice, it would swell, and it would be more painful. So please, don't be stubborn and just ride on my back. I'll carry you." he explained.
 
To get rid of more arguments, I just did what he wanted, after all it was for my own sake.
 
"Gomawoyeo.." I said, after we reached my place.
 
"You know I would do anynthing for you, right? Uhm, Chemi.. I have something to give you later.. I just hope you would like it, and what I have said a while ago about missing you.. I really mean it." he finally said before he headed back to Aunt GaEul's house.