Bridge

Dongsaeng Saranghae

The party ended at about 2 o'clock am. Everyone had so much fun that night. Well, I'm happy for my unnie but I didn't enjoy it as much as they did. I can't help but to think of Minho's condition last night. His mood suddenly changed upon seeing TOP oppa talking with unnie. Why was he so affected by them?.. I wanted to talk to him. So, right after I finished my lunch, I rushed outside and sat in front of our gate, really hoping to see him. But, an hour later, I wasn't able to see him. Another hour had passed, still no sign of Minho.

 
*I will not give up.* I decided to play the songs we have composed to erase the sad thoughts that keep buzzing on my head. For a while, I forgot what's bothering me and enjoyed what I've been doing. I didn't even noticed that the sky began to grow dark. I looked at my wrist watch and to my surprise, it's already 30 minutes passed 6 in the evening. I can't believe I waited that long for him. *What happened to you, Minho?* I can't help but to wonder..
I was about to enter our gate when I heard Mrs. Choi's voice calling me.
 
"Chemi dear!" she yelled.
"I just finished baking choco-honey cookies. Would you like to come in for a little snacks with me?" she asked.
 
"I would love to Mrs. Choi!" I answered back while walking towards her.
 
"Please. Call me 'Aunt GaEul' Ttal. You know, I treated you as my niece, perhaps a daughter. That is if it's fine with you?.. I don't have any niece - All are nephews and I don't have any daughter either. But I am happy with my life. I have chosen to be this way and I'm happily living with it." She continuously spoke as we enter her house. Now I know where Minho got his characteristic of being talkative like that.
"Please be seated, Chemi. I'll just have to leave you for a minute to prepare our snacks, okay?"
 
"No prob Mrs. Choi. I mean.. Aunt GaEul."
 
As I seated alone in the living room, I took the chance to explore my sight on her living room. Aunt GaEul's house is far more different from ours. It is a typical korean house but I can say that it is so elegant and cozy. The ambiance is so amazing, you can actually feel like you're in a fine dine restaurant.
I was looking on a painting when I heard the main door opened. As I turned my back to see who came in, thousands of butterfies suddenly flew inside my stomach and I took a deep breath upon seeing Minho standing at the door with a big bag on his left shoulder. Our eyes met. We're like that for a couple of seconds and finally I found my voice to say something.
 
"Hi!" That's what I could only say.
 
"Hi." he replied. Before I could utter something else, there goes Aunt GaEul with her food tray.
 
"Oh, Minho! Glad you finally arrived. How's the game?" she asked him as she put down the tray on the table.
 
"It's fine, Aunt GaEul. What is Chemi doing here? Seems like you two have important things to talk about."
 
"Oh no, nothing important. I just invited her over to have some cookies. I thought it would be very nice if she has a cookie break after staying alone outside for almost 6 hours. I wonder if she was waiting for someone.. Right Chemi ttal?" Aunt GaEul asked me with a smile on her face. 
 
"Ah.. I.." no words came out. I was so shocked on what Aunt GaEul had to say. I didn't know that she was actually there looking at me while I was patiently waiting for Minho. My cheeks suddenly turned red and I really wanted to be invisible at that very moment.
 
Aunt GaEul laughed at me; "I'm sorry dear, please forgive me. I didn't mean to.. Okay then, I'll leave the two of you here. I have something to do upstairs. Minho, don't forget to accompany her when she decides to get home. Good night dears!" she finally said as she left us.
 
"Is that true?" Minho broke the silence building up in the atmosphere.
 
"What?" I asked even I knew what he was referring to.
 
"You waited that long for me?.." he continued. "Why?"
 
"I just want to know if you're alright. You suddenly left last night upon seeing TOP oppa arrived. I don't know what went wrong. You seemed so fine at the beginning of the party. We were enjoying it and then your mood changed and left me alone there." I explained with my voice cracking. I wonder why I'm always finding it hard to speak whenever I'm in front of him.
 
He sighed before he spoke. "Oh, that.. I'm so sorry saeng. I didn't mean to make you feel that way. I just felt tired and I thought it would be better if I will just go home and take a rest."
 
"Can I ask you something?" I said, trying to hide my sad feelings because I knew I have to ask this. I have to know the truth even if it will make my heart dies.
 
"Sure."
 
"Do you like Bom unnie? Are you interested in her? Are you jealous with TOP oppa?" I asked all those questions in a single breath. That was our serious conversation ever that I barely see his smile that used to be glued on his lips. He took not only a sigh but a deep breath before he answered.
 
"Yeah, I'll admit. I felt something when I first laid my eyes on her portrait and it gotten even more when I finally met her last night. I was so happy until that TOP arrived. With that look he has, I'm certainly no match on him."
 
He was looking down the floor while saying that. He doesn't have any idea how I felt upon hearing what he has been saying. I felt something was squeezing my heart literally. So painful I could hardly breathe. But it's not over yet. The last thing he said was like a bomb that exploded on my face.
 
"Please help me out with your sister, Chemi.. Can you be our bridge?"
Oh, my! So, this is the turning point of Chemi's heart the story. haha~
You guys are making me really happy these days!
I'm earning new subbies everyday! yay~ 
WELCOME NEW SUBBIES!
But I think it would be much better if I can see your comments.
'Cause they're really motivating! I swear..
At least I know what you think about the story, neh?