Sparkling

Dongsaeng Saranghae
 
 
 
That Christmas Day ended quite well.. It may not brought happiness upon me because I knew that I have hurt someone who is so dearly to me.. but I must say that somehow, I felt at peace.
 
Week had passed after that heart breaking conversation with Taemin.. I was still receiving a text messages from him every single day, asking how I was and telling me what he has been doing at school. He told me that everyone at Art Dept was so busy preparing for the nearly graduation day of the Senior students, that includes Krystal, Onew, and.. Minho. It would be in 2 months time. What has Minho said suddenly flashed on my mind
*Im planning to pursue my studies in Australia..* 
 
That thought made me feel somehow worried. *Would he really do it?..*couldn't help but to wonder.
 
New Year's eve came by.. unlike the Christmas that had passed, I celebrated it merely along with my family. There were no visitors nor closed friends that joined us. Even TOP Oppa wasn't able to be with us because he had to leave for the U.S. to join his family there. He would be coming back after two weeks. Aunt GaEul dropped by that morning to tell mom that she would be spending the New Year's eve in Seoul with Minho's family. 
 
After our dinner, we all decided to go to the park. There would be a fireworks display there that had been organized by the province officials. There were lots of people there especially kids who were all excited about it. I was with my family when I saw a cart of cotton candy few meters away. I told them, that I'll just buy some and be right back. I was walking towards the cart when the countdown began.. 
 
10..9.. and as it reached 1, different colorful fireworks lightened up the sky. I wasn't able to reach the cart, intead I walked towards under one of the tree there and began to stare at the sky. It was so beautiful, and I was in total amusement watching it. 
 
"This is so amazing.. so beautiful!" I abrupltly said while staring at it. Then, some guy on my back agreed about it. He said "Yeah, you're right that's beautiful." I just smiled and didn't bother to look back at him. I was so busy watching the sky which has been painted by the sparkling lights up above. Then, I heard him spoke again. "But it's not as beautiful as you.." I don't know but somehow I felt irritated, I came here to enjoy the fireworks display and some stranger started to pester me. "Leave me alone." I said without throwing any glance at him. 
 
To my surprised, he even chuckled and said "Have I told you that you look really cute when you're pissed?"
 
*Okay, that's it!* I shouted silently in my head. I turned around and I was about to slap him on his face when he immediately gripped my wrist and put it down. "What is your problem huh?!" I asked. I couldn't see his face clearly, it was a bit dark around the park, then, another set of fireworks went up to the sky. It lightened up the whole park. As the sky sparkled with colorful display.. I saw the sparkling smile of Minho..
 
I almost choked. For a moment, I knew I needed some air to normalize my breathing. "Happy New Year Chemi.." he told me. His eyes were brighter than all the fireworks I've seen tonight. "Uhm, Happy New Year.. I, I thought you're at Seoul spending this eve with your family and Aunt GaEul," I said. "Oh, that? Actually I did. I was at home a while ago and we had dinner and after that, I went straight here. I saw you and your family when you left your house to be here at the park, and I just followed you guys. Satisfied with my answer?" he said while gently laughing. "You wanna walk around?.. with me?" he asked while holding my right hand. "I need to ask mom and dad.." I said but he cut it out. "I already did that. Don't worry about it. They allowed me to spend some time alone with their precious Chemi." he answered. I couldn't believe him at first but I knew him a lot and he wouldn't dare to make some stories about my parents. I trust him.. and so, we started to walk around the park. We soon saw a wooden bench, and seated at it. 
 
"It's so cold.. it's actually freezing." That was the first words he uttered. We were so quiet walking a while ago. Then he continued "I actually didn't expect that I will be here spending this day beside you. After what happened last Christmas eve.. that talked I had with Taemin, I thought deeply about what he said, and as much as I wanted to fight for my feelings for you, I felt quite guilty being a total intruder in your relationship. That is why I didn't bother to call or even text you. He said, I should stay away from you, and that's what I just did. Then, I received an unexpected call from him this morning. He wanted us to meet, he said he has something important to say. I knew in my heart that it would be something about you.. and so I went out to meet him. He told me about the gift he has given you that Christmas Day. I'm sure you know what I am talking about, right?" he asked and I just nodded, then he continued "He said I am the one who could make you happy.. I came here to make sure of that.. to confirm it directly from you.." He looked at me, his eyes were waiting for some answers. 
 
I began to tremble.. I didn't know it it was because of that winter cold wind that was blowing or that words he said that were flowing inside of me. I was so overwhelmed that it made me cry. As soon as he saw my tears, he instanly hugged me and worriedly asked "Wae? What's wrong? I'm sorry.. Please don't cry.."
 
"Oh Minho.. you have no idea how happy I am right now. I have been waiting for this moment to come.. when no one would get hurt anymore.. and that you will ask me what I feel for you.. and you would say you also feel the same way.. I thought this would never happen.."
 
"Shh.. Shh.. It's alright.. I'm sorry I waited too long to tell you that I love you too.. although I knew it from back there, I was just to coward to admit it to you cause you are a dongsaeng to me.. Now I could shout it out to the world that I love you Chemi!! Dongsaeng Saranghae.." he finally said then he sweetly kissed me on my forehead.