♪ Someday ♫ (A Song For My Minho)

Dongsaeng Saranghae

*A/N: Again, I suggest you to listen to IU's Someday while reading this chappie.. haha~ XD

I woke up late the next day. It's almost lunch time. I took a quick shower and rushed downstairs. I found mom at the kitchen, cooking our lunch.
 
"Need help mom?" I asked her.
 
"No, thanks dear. It's almost done." she refused.
"How's TOP's birthday? Did you had fun?" she asked me back with a smile.
 
I streched a smile in my lips too before answering, "Yes mom. It was great."
 
"I'm actually glad that you're now finding time to explore new places and meet new people dear. Just like the one who drove you home last night. Is he a new friend?" she asked; her simple smile a while ago just turned into a teasing one.
 
"I didn't know you were still awake that time mom." I replied, a bit shy.
 
"Well, what do you expect? Of course I will wait for my daughters to be home. Actually, I even saw you talking to Minho when that guy left." she gigled. Mom. She's always naughty like this. I'm glad that she's like that though. It's rare to have a mother who you can talk to just like you're just close friends, right?
 
"Oh yes. He invited me to have a music jamming later. You know, just like what we used to do.."
 
"I see. So, who among the two do you prefer to.."
 
"Mom!" I interrupted her.
 
"Hahaha!" she laughed.
"Your cheeks are burning red dear. What I mean is, who among them you're closer to? The one whom can be your bestfriend later on. Why? What were you thinking huh?" 
 
"You know mom? I'll just go and fix the table, neh? After all, you're done cooking, right?" I said, intensionally dropping that topic.
 
"Oh my! My dear Chemi is not comfortable talking about her lovelife.." There she goes again, teasing me.
 
I'm really grateful I have a mother like her. She is so cool, very understanding and loving mom. Both unnie and I treat her as our bestfriend. I remember, she was also like that to Bom unnie when she first had her suitors during her high school days. Mom would always tease unnie everytime someone will come to our house to formally court her eldest. But Bom unnie ignored all of her suitors. She doesn't want to commit herself into a relationship at a young age. She has lots of dreams. And now that she's on her last year in college, and base on what I observed on her and TOP oppa, I can say that she's now ready to have her very first boyfriend.
 
"I'm done setting the table mom. Will I call unnie and dad now?" I asked her as I walk towards the kitchen counter where she prepares our dish.
 
"Not until you answer this question." she said as she walked to the table and put down a big bowl of Pork Stew on top of it. She then faced me.
"When will I meet that guy?"
 
I know she was referring to Taemin.
"I don't know mom. He's far from here. He lives in Seoul. Okay, I'll just invite him over so you and dad will get to know him. But that's not so soon mom, huh?"
 
"That's fine with me. But you know what ttal, Minho is a good guy.. I like him. I think he will be a perfect match for you.." she said, giggling again.
 
"Mom! Please drop it.." I said, making face.
 
"Okay sweety. You go ahead now and call Bom and your dad before this soup gets cold." she commanded me while softly pushing me away from the dining area.
 
I found dad at the porch swing, reading today's newspaper while unnie was in her room as usual, listening to the music of her favorite boy group BIGBANG. We all had a great time during our lunch. Mom is a really good cook. Every dish she prepares will surely be raid by the three of us.
 
 
After washing the dishes, I went up to my room to prepare for later's music jam with my Minho. I am so excited but a bit sad because this might be the last day that I can be with him just like how it used to be.. lots of fun, pure friendship, no complications and no problems. I'm certain that by the moment he get to know the truth, things will change between the two of us..
 
I tried my best to erase that thought as I took my guitar and headed outside. There, I saw Minho strumming his guitar in front of our house, sitting right on his favorite spot.
 
*That face. That beautiful, charming face. I can spend a whole day just staring at you my Minho..*
 
That thought suddently popped out on my head upon seeing him. I took a deep breath before calling out his name.
"Minho! Hey, how long have you been here?" I greeted him, trying to have a cheerful voice.
 
"Not that long. Just a couple of minutes. Shall we start?" he asked with a big grin.
 
*Stop doing that or I will be melting in front of you.* I thought.
 
"Let me see your music notebook. It's been a while and I wanna know what you were composing alone." he snatched my notebook from me.
 
He browsed the pages and then stopped at a certain song. I can tell that he's reading the lyrics. After reading it, he spoke.
"You have a good lyrics here in the song 'Someday'. Can I hear the melody? Can you sing it for me saeng?" he asked while leaning his face towards me.
 
*Actually, I wrote it for you!!* I wanted to shout it out but I just can't.. So I just replied a simple "Of course."
 
♪ Eonjengan I nunmuri meomchugil..
Eonjengan I eodumi geodhigo.
Ttaseuhan haetsari I nunmureul mallyeojugil.. ♫
 
I admit, I felt awkward but I chose to sing that song with all of my heart. After all, I made that song for him and might as well, he'd be the one who should hear it among anyone else. He was smiling and listening attentively all along while I was singing. And when I was through, I was surprised when he continuously clapped his hands together.
 
"That was awesome Chemi! You really have a talent in writing songs. You are even better than me." he said happily.
 
I was happy too. He really appreciated that song. And then, he suddenly asked..
 
"Who's your inspiration in writing that song? Is there someone in particular you dedicated it to? Is there something I didn't know huh my dongsaeng?"
 
"Aah, Eerr.." I really don't know how to answer his question.
 
"Oh my, your blushing saeng! Hahaha~ Okay, Okay, don't answer it. I know it's a too personal question. Jeongmal mianhae.." he said, trying not to laugh again. I just smiled and bowed my head down.
 
*If only you knew..*
 
The wind blew softly. Silence filled the air for a moment. We both closed our eyes, feeling the spring breeze on our skin and enjoying the fragrance of fresh flowers around us. And then I hear his voice.
 
"Three more days and I will be back in Seoul. I will surely miss all of these. I will miss you Chemi.."
 
That was a serious tone. I opened my eyes only to see him staring at me. He's not smiling like he oftens do. I saw a different Minho. Soulful, true and no pretenses. My heart banged like a drum. I think I needed an oxygen because at that moment, I was breathless.. I can't hardly breathe.. So, I took a very deep breath before I speak.
 
"Hrrm, me too. I will miss you. Meeting you has made this spring break extra special." I said with my voice cracking. And before I knew it, tears began to fall on my cheeks. I don't want to cry but I just can't help it. It kept on falling.
 
He wiped my tears and hugged me, "It's alright saeng.. I promise the next school break will be even more special.. I will be here spending every break at Aunt Gaeul's place." he muttered in my ears while sliding his fingers in between the strands of my hair.
 
"I will wait for you." I said as I try to stop myself from crying.
 
"Don't stop making great songs, okay? Even if I'm not around. And, I will listen to all of it as soon as I return here." he assured me and pulled away from the hug.
 
"I will. Mmm, would you like to watch a movie with me tomorrow night? That would be our last hang out." I nervously asked.
 
"That would be great! I'll just meet you here at 6 o'clock in the evening." he gladly agreed.
 
"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow then. I'll go ahead. Bye!" I finally said and waved.
 
"Bye Chemi! See you!" he waved back. I walked in at our gate and sat down on our porch swing. I looked up at the sky. It was so beautiful. A blended colors of orange and purple were painted on it.
 
*Life is so beautiful. I am so lucky I have a great family, a comfort living and good people around me like my family, our church pastor, Aunt Gaeul, TOP oppa, Taemin and of course Minho. What I can do in return is to be honest and real with them. Tomorrow night, I will confess everything to Minho. Whatever happens, it was all my fault.*
 
That thought made my heart felt lighter and joyful. There was a smile painted on my lips as I came in to our home.
 
 
 
Yeah, I know it's really been too long before I update. 
It's just.. I had this addiction to graphic designing this past month.
But I had typed several chapter already so I'll just post all of them now!
Get ready for updates! :)