Working Things Out

Dongsaeng Saranghae

*A/N: So the music for this chapter is C-Real's Sorry But I, my favorite c-real song omg you should listen to it omf.

It has been three days since I got out from the hospital, and since then, I haven't heard anything from Taemin nor from Minho. The longest three days of my life.. I was just staying at home, spending most of the day inside my room, resting. The school knew about my condition, Bom unnie informed them immediately about my condition and they have given me permission to take a leave on my class for a week. With regards to mom and dad, they knew I got sick but didn't know about the hospitalization and the true reason behind my illness. Bom unnie had to say a white lie about what happened to get rid of any complications that might had happened concerning our parents. 

 
On the fourth day, the cold wind from my window woke me up. I was slightly shiverring when I stood up to close it. *In a week or so, it would be Winter, the season he loves.* I thought as an image of Minho flashed on my mind. I am glad that things are getting better between us again, we will go back to where we have started, as friends. And as much as I think of it, it would stay that way, no more no less. It was 7:30 in the morning, the sun is shining outside but the wind that was blowing was so cold. I sat up on my bed and my glance caught the framed picture of Taem on the top of the table beside my guitar-shaped lamp. There was a pinch in my heart upon seeing that photo of him. "Why am I hurting like this Taem? You have promised to love me and to take care of my once broken heart. I have taken another chance being with someone whom I believed to be the one truly deserves my heart. Am I wrong Taem?.." I was too crazy talking to a photo, asking for some answers which I would never get. Suddenly, a melody started to play on my head, it was a mellow tone. I didn't want to lose it, so I grabbed my guitar together with my pen and music pad. I began to strum the strings and before I even noticed, a new song have been composed. I actually finished it in less than 30 minutes. I titled it "Sorry But I", it was basically about someone who could not whole-heartedly love the one whose loving them at the moment because their heart was bounded and left to the person who they really love. "A one-sided love affair.." I whispered. I thought about Taemin and Krystal. I really didn't know if they had a past relationship or something, Taem wouldn't want to share the details of his past affairs, all I know is that he had quite number of girlfriends before, but I have a strong feeling that there's something going on between the two of them. "Maybe, it is Krystal, the one he really loves.. and sad to say I have been just a... Oh Chemi! Don't be such a paranoid, will you?" I scolded myself. My head began to feel pain. I decided to go down to take my breakfast. I found mom at the kitchen, cooking porridge.
 
"Ttal! Why did you go down? I am almost done here, go back to your room and wait for me there, I'll take your breakfast upstairs," mom told me.
 
"No need eomma. I'm fine. I'll eat here with you and appa." I answered, smiling.
 
"Are you sure?" she asked.
 
"Yeah. I'm okay now, just a little headache but I'll be fine. Please don't worry too much, okay?" I assured her and she nodded.
 
And so, we had our breakfast together. I really missed those times 'cause since the day I got back home, I have been eating at my room. After we ate, I went back to my room, took my guitar and music pad and hurriedly walked outside and sat down to where I often stay every spring break. I was wearing a t-shirt and a long coat to top it up, and jeans. When the snow begins to fall, I wouldn't be able to do this again, that's why I am seizing the day while I still can.
 
I was in the middle of singing my newly composed song when I saw a car coming over, it was Taem's. I was really surprised, and for a couple of seconds, I felt that my body was paralyzed. He pulled over infront of our house and went out of the car. He was wearing a pink jacket, a black jeans and boots. He smiled and walked straight to my direction. I was just staring at him blankly. There were lots of things suddenly came in to my head upon his unexpected arrival. When he reached my position, he immediately sat beside me and gave a quick gentle kiss on my left cheek. *What was that?* I thought. My throat suddenly became so dry that I couldn't cracked out any sound from my lips.
 
Then he spoke. "Mianheyeo.." he started, "I'm so sorry Princess.. I blew it off. I was a total jerk.." He took a deep breath then continued, "What had happened back there at the concert was unintentional and unplanned, but.." He paused and looked at me.
 
"You had to do it." I finally find my voice and finished what he was about to say. Taemin held my hands then said, "Please forgive me Princess.. believe me, I didn't mean to hurt you. Please.. Can you give me another chance to prove myself to you and to show how much I love you? Please Chemi.." he said, with a cracked voice.
 
My heart was melting at that moment, I was still hurt but he was not only asking, more of begging for me. How could I say no? I shifted my glare from Aunt GaEul's house across us to Taemin's face. I didn't know what exactly am I gonna say to him so I just touched his right cheek and gently rub my palm with it. He grinned then hugged me tightly. "Thank you my Princess.. Thank you for being so understanding. I love you.. so much." he whispered in my ears. I remained in total silence. The heavy atmosphere between us a while ago slowly faded. Taemin's face brightened up and he started to be on his normal chatty mode. Telling me things he had been up to after the concert. I could tell that the not-so-good things that had happened between us have been totally washed off from his mind. As if, nothing complicated really occured. As in, back to normal. Well, at least that was for him.
 
As for me, truth is, I have many questions to ask like what's going on between him and Krystal or why didn't he look for me when I walked away.. unlike Minho did. On the other hand, I was a bit worried that my questions might brought up something that could shocked or perhaps could even hurt me more. I began to feel afraid..
 
"Princess.. Princess." Taemin's voice interrupted my deep thoughts.
 
"Huh?" I answered trying to recall what he has been saying but i just couldn't.
 
"What are you thinking huh? Come on, share it with me." His eyes were telling me to confide with him.
 
"Uhm, I was just thinking about your friend.. Krystal." I admitted.
 
"Oh! Uhm, you mean my schoolmate and co-dept Krystal. She's not my friend. Well, we used to be but not anymore. What about her?" he asked.
 
I didn't answer his question, instead I throw him another one. "You said, you used to be friends. What happened? Please Taem, tell me things that I should have known." I told him. He looked down and sighed before he answered.
 
"Okay, Krystal and I were dating before I met you. We were okay back then, getting along well, because we both have this passion for dancing, no hassles, it was fun. We always hang out, but I never had a special feelings for her. We would always argue on small things that eventually turned into an everyday fights. I couldn't stand her being bratty and moody. Then, I saw this innocent face at the club, sitting alone, looking so sad. There was something about her that made my heart beats so fast.. I saw you Chemi.. and from that moment, everything within me just changed. I started to avoid Krystal, I knew that that would be the right thing to do, to end up all the craziness in my life." he finished.
 
I was startled with that revelation. Now I understand why she hated me that much, I could tell that she still has a feelings for Taem. If I were on Krystal's shoes, I may also feel the same way. She might have high hopes that their closeness would turn into a more passionate relationship, but Taem dropped her to pursue what he feels for me. Now, that is complicated.
 
"Chemi.. remember what I have told you before? That what I feel for you is so different from all of my past relationships. It's true. This is the first time that I actually care a lot for a girl. You are not like them, you are special, so special to me. I love you so much but I wouldn't promise that I will never hurt you cause I just did. I don't know what to do anymore. Im so confused.." he emotionally said.
 
"Taem.." I wrapped my arms around his shoulders trying to comfort him, then I said, "We will work this out, okay? Let's just forget what happened and start again."
 
He slowly removed my arms from him and looked at me, meeting my face closer and closer to him. "I love you Chemi.." he whispered then his soft lips gently touched mine. His lips were so warm. I closed my eyes hoping that, that kiss would take away the hurt I was feeling.