So Complicated

Dongsaeng Saranghae

"Why are you letting that brat humiliate you?! Will you always be like that, huh Chemi?.. Letting other people degrade and control you. Doing what the others are telling you to do. When will you start to think of your own self?.." Minho blurted out as soon as we reached the parking lot of the campus.

I was breathing heavily not just because we walked that far but also all the emotions were stucked on my chest. It was so heavy that I actually flet like i was a mobile phone so low batt and just waiting to finally shut down. I was trembling and couldn't say anything at all. Minho continued to speak, this time on a calm voice.
 
"I'm sorry dongsaeng... i just have to do that, pulling you away from them. I can't stand it and I don't know... maybe.. i just wanted to protect you. That's all."
 
I was surprised on what I heard. *Why would he want to protect me?..* I thought.
 
At instant, my eyes were filled with tears, remembering what had happened between us the last time we had seen each other. His eyes that were full of hate and anger were now calm and caring again like the way it has always been. I finally got my voice and spoke up.
 
"Does that mean, you don't hate me anymore? You know, I tried to talk to you.. to explain things and also to apologize but I was late; you already left when I went in to Aunt GaEul's home."
 
"Oh that. You still think about it?"
 
"Of course. You have no idea how it affects me.."
 
"I guess I have to apologize also for that rude reaction of mine. I should've listen to what you have to say." I took a glimpse of his face and it was like a magnet that I couldn't help but to stare at. He's now smiling big at me. Oh that smile. I missed that smile.
 
"By the way, what are you doing in here huh?" he asked. I instantly thought of Taemin and can't help but to feel quite guilty for what I'm feeling at the moment.
 
"Ahm, Taemin.." I started and he continued, finishing the sentence for me.
 
"I knew it! That silly friend of yours. Why would he invite you when he knew in the first place that today will be so busy and he can't accompany and entertain you." he sighed, sounded so disappointed. I then realized that Minho doesn't know anything about my relationship with Taemin.
 
"No. Actually, I was the one who insisted to come over here. It's not his fault." I explained.
 
"You don't need to cover him up Chemi. I knew that guy so well. You know what, why don't we hang out tomorrow after the concert."
 
"Huh?!" that's the only thing I could say but at the back of me, *Really?! I would love to!*
 
"There's something I really wanted to tell you.. Well, I should've said it before but there's a lot of not-so-good things that happened. I'll wait for you at the cafe in front of the Music Dept Building.."
 
*Ohmegeeed! What will I do now?*
 
My heart skipped a bit. Suddenly, there's a debate inside of me involving my mind, my heart, my feelings and my conscience..
 
*The long wait is over.*
*No! don't go! Think of Taemin.*
*Follow your heart!*
*Follow what's right.*
 
Before I could reply, someone from behind us spoke, and I almost got a heart attack when I saw Taemin.
 
"What's goin' on here? Is everything alright?" he asked, looking deeply to Minho. A sudden awkwardness and tense filled the air and I had to cut it down.
 
"Nothing's wrong Taem, we're just talking." I said, preventing anyone of them to speak anything else. I turned my glace to Minho and continued, "Thank you for what you did back there and I have to go.. Bye." I finally said then turned around, walking towards Taemin.
 
 
"Are you alright Princess? Onew told me what happened and I'm so sorry for what Krystal did. I'll talk to her tomorrow." Taemin started, we're now heading at his car.
 
"I'm okay, don't worry.. Uhh, Minho just helped me out back there and--"
 
"Nothing to explain Princess, I understand. Actually, I'm grateful to Minho fo what he did. I just felt bad that I wasn't there when it happened. I should be the one protecting you, not anyone else." he continued without throwing any glance on me.
 
After that, silence on air filled the whole trip back at home, and it actually almost killed me. That was the longest awkward moment between me and Taemin. At last he managed to speak up when we reached my place.
 
"Something's scaring the hell out of me right now.. and I swear I don't like it." he said and took a deep breath. I slowly looked at him and I saw his eyes, a bit teary. My heart swelled upon seeing him like that.
 
*What have you done Chemi?* I thought as guilt started digging on me.
 
He shifted his glance from his car window to me, held my hand and continued, "There's something I wanted you to know. I've been in an on and off relationships in the past, and it's just all playing around, no attachments, no obligations, no commitments. I don't know how long I've been like that until I saw this one girl with sad eyes sitting alone at the table inside a club.. From then on, I started to feel strange emotions inside of me. Chemi.. I've been with different girls before but you are far more different from them. You are so special.."
 
That was so flattering. First time ever in my life that someone that's outside my immediate family made me feel how precious and special I am. I was so speechless.
 
"Taem.."
 
"I love you too Chemi.. so much. I don't wanna lose you." he cried. I wrapped my arms around him and began to gently tap him on his back.
 
"Oh Taem.. don't think too much of things that will make you feel bad. Everything will be alright, I'll be here for you." I said, trying to cheer him up.
 
"Thanks Chemi, it means a lot to me.." he whispered, his lips touching the tip of my ear. I then realized, it slightly went down and gently touched the right side of my neck. That gave me goosebumps.
 
"Taem.." I sweetly said, giving him a notice but he didn't bother to stop.
 
"Lee Taemin!" I yelled a bit, and I was relieved it distracted him.
 
"I'm sorry Princess." he chuckled.
 
"Naughty Mister Lee!" I and we both laughed.
 
"You go ahead inside Princess. I don't know what I might do to you if you still stay a little longer beside me.. Hahaha! Good night Chemi. See you tomorrow at the concert." he lastly said before he headed back home.
 
As soon as Taemin's car went out of my sight, I went straight up to my room and freely lied down on my bed.
 
*A very long, tiring, stressful, confusing day it has been.*
 
It's almost midnight but my mind was travelling all the way back at SM High School. I couldn't forget how Minho protected me.
 
*He's still calling me dongsaeng though. And what is it that he wanna tell to me tomorrow?*
 
I shook my head on that thought, remembering how Taemin confided his love for me.
 
*Now, I'm totally busted! Torn between what I wanted to do and what I needed to do.. Kyaaaaa~ Love is just so complicated. Now I know!* I fell asleep carrying that thought on my head.
naughty naughty taem bb. hahaha.
hope you guys liked this chapter. and MINHO! OMG MINHOOO!
okay, gotta sleep now cause it's really late here. 11:56 pm guise.