Seeing You Through (Taemin's POV)

Dongsaeng Saranghae

 

I was in the middle of my rehearsals when I got strucked by Onew's loud voice calling me.
 
"Hey! Taem! Something's goin' on at the hallway. It's Krystal and Chemi. Come, quick!" he shouted.
 
I ran as fast as I could to be at Chemi's side. Knowing Krystal, I'm sure Chemi's in trouble, but when I reached the hallway, the scene that caught my eyes made me feel irritated and pissed: I saw Chemi was being pulled by Minho. I wasn't able to follow them at instant because I was shocked and I didn't know what's gotten into my feet - I just couldn't move. I was like a statue for a minute or so until Onew got my attention.
 
"Are you alright?" he said, putting his right hand on my shoulders.
 
"Ahm.. yeah. yeah." I replied but truth is, I'm really not okay.
 
When I regained myself, I tried to look for them. It took a while till i finally saw them at the campus' parking lot. They having a serious talk, I even saw Chemi crying. That was when I decided to come near them. The look in Chemi's eyes made me feel afraid - I knew it well: those were the eyes she possessed during the times she was so inlove with Minho.
I got back home at 15 minutes past one in the morning with what happened back at the campus was still lingering on my mind. I wanted to hold on to what Chemi said that everything will be alright but I can't help but to worry. About us.
 
I laid down my tired body on the soft, white couch on our living room. I really wanted to have a long rest because tomorrow would be another tiring day, but my mind won't let me. So, I got up, walked straight to the kitchen and decided to take an ice-cold bottle of beer on the fridge. I gulped it down and didn't stop until it was halfly emptied. I grabbed another bottle before i went back to the couch.
 
*Two bottles might help me fall asleep.* I thought.
 
I was starting to drink my second bottle when I had a flashback of my life, started at SM high school before I met Chemi, and how a good friendship between me and Minho fell apart.
 
*Is this what they call Karma? I don't believe in such thing but I can't explain either what's happening now involving me, Chemi and Minho.* on that thought, my mind travelled back when I was still a freshman on SM high school.
First day of class, I was looking at the bulletin board of the school when two guys approached me and handed me a flyer.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo! I am Lee Jinki and this is Choi Minho. We are both junior students from Arts Department." one of the guys greeted me. I was a bit surprised, nevertheless with that very cheerful and warm greeting, then they really got my attention. I accepted the flyer and took time to take a glimpse on it.
 
*Audition for all freshman to be part of the Arts Depeartment.. Wow! Interesting!*gladly thought.
 
"When will this be?" I asked and the other guy answered. "It will be next week. Please come and try it out." he said. 
 
"Sure! I'll give it a try." I replied, having so much confidence that I'll pass through the audition. 
 
"Gomawo!" they said, then left me to encourage the other students.
 
Days passed by and I didn't have any hard time gaining friends. The day of the audition came by and as expected, I got in and became a member of the Arts Dept. That department was one of the biggest organization at SM. Divided in different divisions but worked and functioned as one. They have music, dance, paintings, sculpting, modeling and acting. Lee Jinki (or Onew, as how he wanted everyone to call him) is the Vice President of the dance club while Choi Minho handing the Music club. The president of the Dance club is also a junior student named Krystal. Other divisions of the Arts Dept were being handed by senior students.
 
Onew is a jolly person, laughs at every simple things but so serious when it comes in handling the dance club. Minho on the other hand is talkative, supportive among his own junior trainees, but when he got angry, you better run. I could say we are too different but somehow we still managed to get along well and soon, became best buddies. 
 
A year had passed, I was then a sophomore and currently one of the senior choreographer of the dance club. In a span of one year, with my hardwork and total passion in dancing, I became famous on the whole campus. I started dating every girl I liked, even our president - Krystal, who's actually the last one I dated before I laid my eyes on Chemi.
 
That fame really got into me. It was very flattering and fulfilling on my part cause I achieved that on a very short time of working out. I had no idea that it would make a big changes in Arts Dept. Suddenly, the school board wanted to have a program every quarter of the year; that actually showcases the great dancers of the dance club. For some it was fun but not to the heads of the other divisions especially Music club which has been handled my Minho. He thought that the essence of the Arts Dept as a whole was being neglected and trashed.
 
We had talked about it but it never ended as good as Onew wanted it to be. In the end, Minho passed a resolution that the Music club will have their own department wherein they will compose music and will concentrate on singing. The resolution was approved by the board - they even had their own Music Dept Building. That made Minho and me parted even more. Onew on the other hand remained loyal to the both of us, standing right in between, hoping one day, we will be back to where we used to be.
 
My fame didn't just evolve around the campus. Last spring break, I took time to explore the different spotlights of Seoul. I found this very elegant and cool club, BlueFire. Almost every night, I was there. Sometimes, I hang out with Krystal who was my flavor-of-the-month, others would say. Krystal is a pretty, cool, and y chick, very frank and vocal of what she fell towards other peolple. I could say, we were in good terms, especially that we both love to dance. She's few years older than me but that's fine. One thing I didn't like about her is being a total brat sometimes. She has this attitude "what Krystal wants, Krystal gets" and when she's on that mode, we really clash and fight.
 
One night, when I was hanging out alone in the BlueFire, I met TOP hyung - a total cool guy who happened to be a regular guest in the club. He doesn't dance much, he just wanted to have a few drinks after class. He's a senior at YG School of Arts, another famous campus in the country. One time, I saw him with a very beautiful, gorgeous lady with long red hair. I really got attracted to her but I knew that I would be in trouble with TOP hyung so I kept my distance.
 
I guess, we really live in a small world and life never fails to surprise us, cause three weeks before the spring break ended, I had that lucky chance to see that gorgeous lady again inside BlueFire. To my surprise, she was not with TOP hyung but with Minho and another girl with sad eyes.
 
My eyes began to be fixed with that girl. I couldn't explain but there was something about her that made me so curious and eager to know her personally. I'm sure that was her first time in BlueFire and she was not used to clubbing cause she looked a bit irritated with the loud music and the way she stared at Minho and the lady with a red hair, I couldn't be mistaken, she was hurt.
 
Suddenly, Super Junior's Sorry Sorry came blasting through the speakers and boomed around whole club and at instant, I was in the mood for dancing. I quickly had my place on the dance floor and there I go, dancing soulfully, not knowing that the girl with sad eyes was deeply staring into me. I quickly followed her when I saw she was about to leave the club. She went through the cafe across the club.
 
*This will be my chance.* I thought as I slowly followed her inside.
 
I was so happy when I finally got her name... Park Chemi.
 
The following week, I got an invitation from TOP hyung, it was his birthday. I was flattered, being close by someone like TOP hyung. I came in to his place and I felt like I was the one who has a birthday that day cause I just received the ultimate surprise gift I could have, Chemi's presence together with her unnie, Bom, the lady with red hair. I had the privilege to be confided by Chemi's thoughts and burdens about her personal life involving Bom noona and Minho. It was so complicated that I felt bad for her. That was the beginning of our friendship. She trusted me so much for she never hid anything from me. I knew all the hurt and pain she had been through and that made me like her more.
 
Even I knew all along how she loves Minho so much, I didn't bother to let her know what I truly felt about her. As expected, she rejected it. I didn't know if I had been selfish or a total jerk-off but when Minho exploded and hated Chemi so much, I felt a bit happy and much happier and relieved when he finally left.
 
The spring break finally ended, along with Minho and Chemi's friendship. The rumor about me and the new girl in my life had been the talk-of-the-campus as soon as the classes were resumed. Krystal immediately confronted me about it.
 
"Is it true?!" she started saying when she saw me.
 
"Huh? What?" I tried to pretend I didn't know anything.
 
"Oh come on Lee Taemin! You knew very much what I'm asking you. Who is she? Do I know her?" she asked again without batting an eye.
 
"You don't know her Krystal." I finally managed to answer.
 
"So, it's really true huh. What about us? It's just like that? You found a new girl and I'll just be dumped like this?" my ears didn't miss the evident cracking of her voice.
 
"I'm sorry Krystal.. but we are not what you think. We hang out, enjoy each other's companies but we're not a couple. I thought you knew that." I replied, trying to explain. I felt bad for her, but that's really it is.
 
Without hesitation, her hand grazed across my face, hard. I got so shocked that I actually couldn't react at all. She was now crying and in between sobs, she said, "Remember this Lee Taemin: what goes around comes around. I really hope you will be able to feel how it hurts to be dumped and rejected. One day, you'll know your lesson. We're not finish yet." she then ran away from me.
Little did I know that I had fallen asleep until I heard my mom's voice. "Hey son, why are you sleeping here in the couch?" she asked, looking puzzled and worried.
 
"I didn't know I had fallen asleep here mom.. I was just too tired. I'll go upstairs now." I answered, feeling still too sleepy.
 
"Okay son, you go ahead." she said, then I went to my room. It was then three o'clock in the morning. I still have four more hours to rest before I prepare for the big event later.
hey guys it's me Lala, Yashin's aunt. remember me?
i finally made an account! yay~
let's be friends, please add me! so we can talk about this fic. :)
btw, so in this chapter, we get to know more about taemin's thoughts, his life even before he met chemi
and how him, onew and minho used to be best friends.
hoping to see your comments guys.. :DDD
NEW SUBBIES BTW: