Music Buddy

Dongsaeng Saranghae

I woke up with a smile on my face today. It was kinda late because I found sleeping hard to do last night as I thought of him and his angelic face the whole night. I don’t know why it won’t leave my mind. A loud knock on my bedroom door made me fully awake.

 

“Chemi, dear. Aren’t you up yet?”

 

“I am mom. I’ll be down in a minute!”

 

I quickly got up from my bed and grabbed my phone from the top of the cabinet next to my bed. I slid the cover up and browsed inside my inbox. ‘You have (1) unread message.’ I smirked and looked at the sender’s contact name and, sure enough, it was my Bom unnie. She’s always sending me messages throughout the whole day whenever she would have a chance. How very sweet of her, right?

 

“Good morning, dongsaeng! Wake up now! I’m sure mom’s freshly made waffles are waiting for you downstairs. It’s your favorite, right?”

 

I grinned and tossed it back to the cabinet. I rushed to my closet to prepare what I will be wearing today. It has been a couple of minutes since I started and until now, I still can’t decide which one I’ll be wearing. I sat at the edge of the bed and cupped my face with my hands.

*Why am I like this?* I thought. I never had a hard time picking what to wear before. I just wear what I think is comfortable. It was always just the usual sweater and short shorts. Just like this one.. This one is my favorite.

 

     

 

I got up and tried to search up on my closet again, hoping to find something suitable to wear and fortunately finally found one.

          

 

Good morning!” I greeted mom and dad while I came running down from the stairs.

 

“Chemi! Wow, you look different today!” mom exclaimed and pinched my cheeks.

 

“What do you mean different, mom?” I asked her.

 

“You look pretty and fresh.” She smiled.

“Oh, go on and eat the waffles I made. Sure, it’s already gotten cold now. What took you so long to wake up?”

 

“Nothing, really. I guess I was just tired.” I lied. I don’t usually lie but I just don’t feel like telling mom what the true reason why I stayed late awake last night. I’m pretty sure she’ll just tease me.

I’m here again, sitting just in front of our house with my guitar just like how I use to be every afternoon. My fingers continuously strumming as I blankly stare at the gate on the opposite side of the road. Bright smile suddenly appeared on my face as I saw Minho running and waving towards me.

 

“Hi!” I waved back.

 

“Can I sit here?” he smiled, pointing on the empty space beside me.

 

“Sure, you can!”

 

Our music session immediately started. I’m pretty sure there were words coming out from his lips but I don’t understand why I couldn’t hear them. Maybe because I was too busy watching him on how his pouty lips moves. After a few moments, I finally decided to pay attention to what he was saying. I know it was all the song lyrics. But before I could get back to my senses..

 

“How’s that?” I blinked as he spoke.

 

“Huh? Oh yes.. It’s um.. It’s good!” I stuttered, still not taking my eyes off him.

 

“Chemi-ah, you’re not listening!” he turned his head to meet my eyes with his. I looked away, trying my best to hide the pinkish tone creeping upon my cheeks. I began fumbling onto my notebook and pen. I gripped on them roughly and then mumbled, “Yes, I am!”

 

“No, you’re not!” he argued.

“Let me take a look on the notebook.” He took the notebook from my hands.

“Oh, see? You didn’t take note of the lyrics I’m composing.” He was helping me to compose lyrics for the tune I made. I said nothing and just continued to stare at him. I don’t know, I can’t understand how and why but I just knew one thing: I’m happy whenever I’m with him.

 

“Chemi-ah, gwenchana?” he suddenly spoke with his eyes still glued on the notebook and his right hand writing the lyrics.

 

“Yes, I’m fine! Why?” his hand stopped. He looked at me with his eyebrows arching.

 

“Then why are you all quiet there? You didn’t like the lyrics, don’t you chemi-ah?” he said, hanging his head low.

“Tell me which part of it you didn’t like; I’ll change it.”

 

“No. it’s good. Your lyrics are actually great!” I convinced him.

 

“Then.. why you’re not saying anything? Oh! I know! Maybe you’re hungry! Wait here, I’ll go find something we could eat!” he smile and soon left me watching him retreating back.

 

“He’s so cute.” I can’t help but to whisper to myself with a smile planted on my lips. Now I know how it feels like to have someone who could actually understand you and your love for music. Sure my family always knew that music has been my first love but none of them loved music as much as I do. Well, my older sister really did possess a wonderful voice but she only considers singing just as her hobby. I feel so lucky and happy upon meeting my Music Buddy in form of Minho. How I wish I knew what he really thinks and feel about me..


            

So yeah, chapter 2 - finished! How are you finding the story so far guys? Do leave a comment, okay? Compliments, suggestions and criticisms are always welcomed and well appreciated! :D

And, and, and.. before I forget.. Welcome new subbie~

kpopforever25

I hope you're enjoying the story~ :3