First Kiss

Dongsaeng Saranghae

 

I was not feeling well the next morning. My whole body shivers. I feel like I was inside a big freezer, and my head was in severe pain. I wanted to get up from my bed but everytime I do so, I just fell back on my bed. I heard footsteps approaching my room. It was mom. The minute she saw me, she was so worried.
 
"Chemi Ttal! What happened to you?!" mom exclaimed as she palmed my forehead then hugged me.
"Oh my, you have a fever dear. What were you thinking yesterday when you decided to bathe in the rain?" she asked. I wanted to answer her but I couldn't find my voice. My throat was really dry and also in pain.
"Stay here, I'll just go and get you some food and medicine." she finally said before she left. A couple of minutes later, it was Bom unnie who went back to my room with a food tray and different medicine bottles with her. She brought chicken mushroom soup and freshly squeezed orange juice.
 
"These will make you feel better." she said upon sitting beside me. I smiled and I squeezed  her hand.
"I personally prepared this for you. You have to finish all of it and then take these medicines here. Please get well soon Chemi.. I would like you to come with me tomorrow in Seoul. It's TOP's birthday. He will be expecting us. I'll have to leave you for a moment to buy him a present, okay?" she said continuosly.
 
I gently nodded my head and she slowly walked out of my room.
After taking the medicines and getting a bed rest for a couple of hours, I am now feeling much better. But I still intended to stay on my room the whole day though. I was looking through my window when I saw Minho approaching mom who's been watering our plants at the frontyard. I can clearly hear their conversation.
 
"Hello Mrs. Park!" Minho greeted mom.
 
"Oh~ hi there Minho! How's Gaeul?" she asked cheerfully.
 
"Aunt Gaeul is doing fine. She's in Chunchun right now visiting her friend. Mmm, Is Chemi around? Can I see her?" he asked mom politely.
 
"My poor Chemi is sick right now. She has fever and headache. She got it from bathing in the rain yesterday. I don't know what she was thinking, why she did that." mom explained.
 
"Oh my! Please Mrs. Park, please let me see her. I really wanna see her. Please, please, please." he begged, sounded so worried.
 
"Calm down will you? Chemi will be alright. Okay then, go now and visit her. She's upstairs, taking some rest. I know your presence will make her feel better." mom told him smiling.
 
*Mom... what are you saying?*
 
"Thank you so much Mrs. Park. I'll go ahead then."
 
When I saw Minho ran through our porch, I quickly lay on my bed and pretended to be asleep. A minute after, I heard my door opens..
 
*This is it! You must be a great pretender Sleeping Beauty..* I reminded myself while trying my best not to move my eyelids. Minho sat on the side of my bed. I don't know but I have this feeling that he's staring deeply unto me.. Then I heard his voice..
 
"What happened to you my dongsaeng?... I know I have something to do with this.. You have done me a big favor and what did I do in return? Spending all my time with Bom alone and leaving you behind. Please forgive me Chemi.. I promise to spend a whole day with you as soon as you get well." he said as I try my very best not to flutter my eyelids. My heart was jumping upon hearing what he has said but then there's more..
 
I was so surprised when I suddenly felt his pair of lips and his warm breath on my forehead. And for a second, I felt my heart skipped a beat. It was brief but a really sweet kiss. I can't help it anymore, so I opened my eyes just as he was finished.
 
I can see that he was a bit surprised too because I saw how his eyes grew wider.
 
"W-were you awake all this time?" he asked, startled. I have to lie or else Minho will surely die out of total embarrassment. So, I answered with a "No. Just now."
 
"Seems like you love trying different things nowadays huh, saeng? Like bathing in the rain and talking to some stranger in a cafe?" he asked. It was in a serious tone.
 
"Oh! Are you referring to Lee Taemin?" I asked and I got a nod in response.
"Well, Taemin isn't a stranger anymore. He's a friend now, remember? A good one actually." I continued.
 
"I don't know Chemi.. with those looks and all. I just simply don't trust that guy." he said, shaking his head to the sides.
 
"No worries oppa. He seems nice to me though. And come to think of it; If I didn't talk to you before, maybe you're still a stranger to me 'till now. Don't worry, I know how to pick my friends." I said as I sat on my bed, convincing him.
 
"Okay. But don't trust him too much. You know how much I love-e.. E-err, care about you and Bom, eh? I don't want you to get hurt." he muttered then ruffled my slightly messy hair.
"By the way, where's Bom?" he suddenly asked.
 
"Oh, she's out. She just bought some gift for TOP oppa's birthday tomorrow." I answered.
 
"Is that so?" There's a hint of sadness in his voice and expression.
 
"Yeah. Actually, she wanted me to be there with her. Well, I really like to go that's why I'm taking all these bitter medicines so I will be feeling fine by tomorrow morning." I replied.
 
"Mmm, saeng, can I ask you something?" he asked.
 
I smiled, "Of course. What is it?".
 
"Do you think there wll be a chance for a serious relationship between me and Bom? There were times I feel so confused. Well, she has always been so nice to me but sometimes I can't help but to think that it was all just a friendly care and nothing more.."
 
Now I am certain that he is sad and I don't wanna see him like that and so I decided to say somehting that will surely cheer him up; not knowing that there will be a big consequence out of it.
 
"Hrmm.. you know, Bom unnie and I talked about you recently and she admitted to me that he likes you too.. Just give her some more time okay? I'm sure she will say the good news before the spring break ends." I plastered this bright, fake grin in my face.
 
"Really? Are you sure?! Thank you saeng! I owe you a lot.. I promise to make it up to you for the days we didn't have our music jam, neh?" That's when his face finally went bright as the morning sunshine and hugged me. I'm so glad my Minho is now happy. I'll do anything I can.. for him..

Finally, raning has stopped here.

But the things it left was bad.. real bad! Many people got flooded.. TT^TT

Classes was suspended for almost a week too.. But it will finally be resumed tomorrow! :D

Let's just pray for the people who got their houses flooded..

btw, New subbie, WELCOME! <3

♥Saguilar