Small World

Dongsaeng Saranghae

 

I fell asleep that night with a smile on my face.. 
*Minho really cares for me. Although it's just a brotherly care and not as like as how I wanted it to be, I'm still so lucky. And that kiss..* that thought was lingering on my mind before I closed my eyes.
The next day, I'm already feeling good - my fever has totaly gone. After breakfast, Bom unnie and I started to prepare ourselves for TOP oppa's birthday celebration. I was very surprised when unnie handed me a new and really pretty checkered red dress when she entered my room. She said she had bought it along with TOP's present. So, I ended up wearing it. While unnie wore a full black dress, just like her favorite, with her flawless left shoulder showing. She bought Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses as her gift for him.
                         
 
 
I can see the excitement in unnie's eyes while driving on our way to TOP oppa's place in Seoul. And I can't help but to think of Minho being so hopeful that unnie also feels the same way for him and I felt so guilty giving him that false hope yesterday. 
*Oh Chemi, what have you done?* I asked myself.
 
I was in deep thought all through our trip. It just stopped when I realized that we were now in front of TOP oppa's house. It was so huge, made up mostly of wood and steel. Just by looking at it, everyone can tell that the owner of the house is a guy for it looked so manly. According to Bom unnie, TOP oppa was living alone. Both parents were working in the United States and they seldom visit him here in Korea. And because of that, TOP oppa learned to be independent for he doesn't have any sibling. He has his few helpers with him at home though.
 
We're now standing in front of his gate. I was about to put my finger on the door bell when the gate suddenly slid opened. And to my surprise, it was Taemin, wearing a big grin on his face. Bom unnie was the one who spoke first.
 
"Lee Taemin right? What a surprise huh? So, what are you doing here?" she asked.
 
"TOP's a friend. Please come in and join us. What a small world neh.. Chemi?" he replied to unnie but his head turning to face me.
 
"Yeah, so small.." I sighed. That's all I said and then we started walking towards the house.
 
As we entered the big living room, TOP oppa immediately walked towards us.
 
"Happy birthday TOP!" unnie greeted him as she gave her gift.
 
"Saengil chukahae oppa!" I also gladly greeted him.
 
"Thanks Chemi! I'm so happy you made it to my birthday Bom.." he said while looking at Bom unnie as if they were the only person in that place.
 
"Of course." unnie answered, cheeks flushing deep pink.
 
"Please have a seat Chemi, Bom. I'll just go and get you something to eat." he said then turned around.
 
I was shocked when Taemin sat beside me. He looked like a bit fool for he was just sitting there, not talking and just staring at me while smiling. I felt so conscious on what he has been doing and so I took the time to ask him.
 
"Do I have any dirt on my face?" I asked, a bit sarcastic.
 
"Huh?" he replied, looking so innocent.
 
"I said, do I have any dirt on my face?" I repeated my question.
"Why are you staring at me? What's your problem?" I continued, this time, a little annoyed.
 
"Oh~ woah, woah! Relax, will you? Okay, you don't have any dirt on your face. In fact, you look perfect.. And please forgive me if I offended you, I didn't mean to. I just love to stare at you. No bad intentions." he explained while raising his right hand.
 
*You are a total weirdo, Lee Taemin.* I told myself. I sighed and then we both burst into laughter.
 
TOP oppa brought me and unnie an Italian dish "Lasagna", slice of broiled turkey, cheese sticks and crème brûlée for desert. I enjoyed eating all of it.
 
TOP is a pure Korean who has been influenced by Western living because he grew up in USA and he only had been here in Korea after he finished his high school in Florida. Most of his guests were from YG School of Arts and I wonder how he and Taemin became friends. Everyone is now in the chatting mode and so I asked Taemin, that's my way to start a conversation with him so I won't be feeling "out of place".
 
"How did you became friends with TOP oppa?"
 
"We met at BlueFire. Remember the club where I first saw you? TOP is a regular guest there and so do I. I told you we have a small world here.." he anwered, staring at me again.
 
"Oh I see.. Hmm, Minho said you are well known at SM High School. Do you know him? Minho?"
 
"You know," he started, "the 'well-known' thing, I don't know. It just happened. I am a member of SM Arts club. It is an organization that helps out aspiring students who have talent in dancing, singing and acting. Anything about Arts. I excel so much in dancing for it is really my passion. I perform  whenever there's a special event in school. And one day, I'm so surprised that almost everyone in SM High School knows me." he grinned then continued, "As for Minho, he is also a member of that club. He composes songs and really love to sing. When dancing became a big hit in school, most of the students wanted to have a dance presentation than singing. They went crazy over every boy dance group in SM. Minho blamed me for that. He thought that the true essence of music is singing it with all our heart and not just making stupid body movements out of it. He eventually left the club and started to work on his own." he sounded so serious while explaining.
 
*Poor Minho..* I felt sad for him.
 
"How about you?" It is now his turn to ask me. 
"How did you meet Minho? He seems so close with you and your sister." he noted.
 
"He happens to be the nephew of our closest neighbor. He's spending the spring break with his aunt." I replied casually.
 
"You know I have this special talent. I can read one's mind." he whispered to me.
 
"I don't believe you." I murmured while curling my arms to my chest.
 
"Okay then, I'll tell you what I was thinking when I saw you, Bom noona and Minho in the club that night." he sounded so serious now.
"Mmm, I sense that you like him but he sees you as his younger sibling and that he likes Bom noona so much."
"BlueFire" hhmm~ idk if it's a good name for a club.
It's just a combination of BIGBANG's and 2ne1's songs.. LOL
No much notes in here..
Subbie:
Welcome to the story! :D