Way Back Home (Minho's 4th POV)

Dongsaeng Saranghae
 
“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon Airport. Local time is eight thirty in the morning and the temperature is 64 degrees Farenheight. On behalf of Asiana Airlines and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day” 
 
That announcement from the senior flight attendant somehow made me feel nervous. *This is it Minho.. You are finally back* I told myself. After five long years of staying at Australia, there I was travelling back to my homeland. Being on a foreign land without your family and loved ones by your side was really difficult, not to mention the language barrier that seems like a huge wall in front of me, so I had to strive hard to survive. My first year there was so hard, I had to adjust in many things around me, not to mention the pain I was carrying before I left South Korea. I tried to wipe away all the hurt I was feeling and just focused on my goal, which was to finish my college and find a good job eventually. Days became weeks, weeks became months, and months turned into years, and before I even noticed, I couldn't believe that I actually lived there for five years. A well-known production company there offered me a high-paid directoral job even before I got my diploma. After a year of working there, I sent my application to SHINee Music and Record Label here at South Korea as a Musical Director. They were very much impressed on my credentials, so I easily got hired. They even sent me my ticket and as soon as I received it I immediately took my flight back home. 
 
Almost eleven hours travel time, I should went straight to the hotel room that SHINee reserved for me, but I found myself standing in front of Park's residence. Looking at that window where I usually sees her glowing face, guilt sudden rushed through me.. *I always break your heart Chemi.. I don't know if there would still be a space for forgiveness in your heart.. for me. I still love you.. and I'll always will.*
 
My glance shifted from the window to the spot where we first met. Nostalgia sudden filled me. I smiled as I reminisce all the good memories we have shared, our music jammings, cookie-breaktime, laughters, friendship and love. I have lots of bad decisions in my life from the past, maybe because of my immaturity, that I have repeatedly hurt the person I love the most. I was really hoping that it's not too late for me.. for us. I have always trusted in fate. I believe that if the two hearts were destined to be together, they will end up in each other's arms no matter what..
 
I was startled when the gate slowly opened up. I saw Mrs. Park went out. As she noticed me, she began to stare, maybe she was trying to recognize me, then to my surprised, she smiled and walked forward to my direction.
 
"Minho? Is that you?" she cheerfully asked.
"Yes ma'am. I am happy to meet you again. How are you?" I politely replied.
"I'm fine, we are all good. How's GaEul? I am missing her so much."
"Uhm, Aunt GaEul is doing fine in Australia. She misses you too along with your family.. uhm.. your husband, Bom noona, and Chemi.."
 
I had to say that to start a convo regarding Chemi, and as if she have read my mind, she grinned and invited me to have a tea inside their house. I found out from Chemi's mom that she's currently living at a dorm near YG School of Arts in Seoul. She visits her parents during weekends and holidays. She's now on her first year college in N.A.P. University taking up a music course just like I did. Mrs. Park was so nice that she even gave me the dorm's address and Chemi's new phone number. I left that place feeling happy and excited.
 
 
I immediately took a long rest as I reached the hotel. Feeling so exhausted and extremely tired, I fell asleep in no time. The following day, I prepared for my first day of work at SHINee. I was so surprised and happy to find out that my dear friend Onew was also working there as a senior vocal trainor of their male groups, and that we would be working hand in hand together for SHINee's ongoing and future projects. Day one at work had been busy yet fun, we held a meeting for the upcoming Spring Concert of SHINee's talent artists, that would be my very first directoral project with them. I would be handling all the music arrangements and the song choices that they will be performing. I suddenly thought of an idea with the songs. I have been keeping the sample cd of all the songs Chemi and I composed, and I honestly thought that all of it were great songs and it's time for that beautiful songs to be heard by all the music lovers in the country. After a week of staying at the hotel, I went home. They are all proud and very happy to finally see me. I cried when I saw mom, she was right from the start. I needed to prioritize my studies, my dream, and my future. Now, I am successfully living with it. There's only one thing more I needed in my life before I completely say that I am truly fulfilled.. and that's to be with the woman I love..
 
The preparation lasted for two months. Each day, after my work, I would call Chemi but couldn't utter any words. Hearing her voice was enough for me. I wanted to run to be with her but I guess, it was not the right time yet. I didn't have any idea that the day of the concert would be the day I have been waiting for..  
 
 
 
a big HELLO to my new subbies!!!! /waving hands/ ^^