To Hold On or To Let Go (Taemin's 2nd POV)

Dongsaeng Saranghae
 
 
 
 
"Taem.. Uhm.. H-how long have you been stading there? I.. I thought you were at your place with your mom... I.. I.." I was trembling and couldn't find the right words to say to him. My voice was shaking and I was actually wishing at that moment to just fade away infront of them. Taemin was looking straight to Minho, as if I wasn't there standing in between them. Then, Minho spoke, "We need to talk," he told Taem.
 
"Cool. Where?" Taem replied.
 
"I know a place not to far from here. Let's take my car, I'll drive," Minho said.
 
"No. I'll drive my own car, lead the way and I'll just follow," Taem responded.
 
I was too worried that something not right might happened between them and I knew I have to do something, so I said "Taem, you don't have to. Let's just go in, TOP oppa would be glad to see you." He held my hand and said "Don't worry Princess.. I'll be back as soon as we finished talking. I just have to do this." He was smiling but I could tell he was hurting inside. He took a glance at Minho, then Taem held my back, pulled me over towards  him, and kissed me sweetly infront of Minho. I could see at the side of my eyes that Minho closed his fist fiercely, ready to hit something with it. "I'll be back.." Taem lastly said before he hopped in inside his car.''
 
"Taem.." that's all I was able to say before they both vanished on my sight.
 
 
 
 
-------Taem's 2nd POV--------
 
 
A week before Christmas, I was at Seoul's Shopping Center, looking for something I could give to Chemi as a present for the upcoming occassion. I checked out almost every boutique and stall I have seen and I couldn't find that special thing that I wanted until my eyes caught this beautiful necklace being displayed at one of the finest jewelry shop there named Les BIJOUX. I stopped and stood behind the glass, staring with amusement with it. I was about to enter the shop when I sighted Minho hyung being assisted inside by one of the salesperson. I could see that he bought something at the shop. For some reasons, I suddenly felt not good about it. Trying to erase that negative thoughts, I waited until he went out before I came in. I even turned my back when he was about to leave to avoid being seen by him. When he finally vanished on my sight, I came in and went straight to the lady at the counter, asking for the necklace on their window glass. She lend me the necklace, and it was more beautiful up close. It costs a lot because it was made up of white gold and the pendant which I liked the most was a music note. *I'm sure Princess would love this.* I thought. 
 
"Miss, I'll take this one," I told the lady and handled her my card. "Good choice you have there Sir. You know what, the guy who just left a while ago also bought exactly the same design of necklace," she said while processing my payment.
 
December 24, I have promised mom that we would be spending this day together, and that's what I did. After I have given my gift for my mother, which is a Coco Chanel perfume, I asked her If I could go to see Chemi that night cause I couldn't wait to give her my gift. I was so happy when she allowed me. I immediately went outside, took my car, and excitedly headed to Park's residence. I wanted to surprise her so I didn't tell her that I would be arriving. I reached their place in less than an hour. I pulled my car in front of their house, I went out and walked straight to the main door cause their gate was fully opened at that time. I gently knocked, and her mom opened it up for me. "Merry Christmas Mrs. Park! Is Chemi right there?" I asked."Merry Christmas too Taemin! Im glad to see you again. Chemi's not here, she's right there at GaEul's house with her friend Minho. Would you like me to accompany you?" she offered.
"Oh no Ma'am, it's fine. I'll just go there by myself, thank you," I answered.
 
She smiled then nodded before returning back inside. It was so cold outside, so I walked fastly across the street to see Chemi. I was standing at the front door when I decided to call her up to say that I was waiting outside. It took five rings before she answered her phone, and was surprised and confused at the same time when she said, she was at her room and was about to sleep. *Why she would have to tell lies to me? Something's not right..* I nervously thought. Curiousity made me decide to stay outside and wait longer for her to come out.
 
Suddenly, I heard shouts coming from the house. i wanted to come quickly inside to see what's happening. Then, the door slightly opened, my heart was beating fast and heavy, as the door fully opened, I was like being punched on my face when I saw Chemi being pulled by Minho. He instantly let go of her hand upon seeing me, then Chemi who looked so shocked, started to say things that were all non-sense.   
 
 
My deep thoughts were interrupted as I saw Minho pulling over his car at a corner street. I parked my car next to his.
 
"Are you okay to drink at a Pojangmacha?" Minho asked.
 
"No prob with me," I answered.
 
"Okay then, let's talk over on that stall."
 
He walked towards and I just followed him. We sat down at one of the table there, sitting across each other.
 
"Tteokbokki and Soju please," Minho told the vendor. A mid-40's lady served our order immediately. 
 
He quickly opened the bottle of Soju, poured it in a shot glass, and drank it sraight up. He poured some Soju again and handed the glass to me, I drank it up immediately.
 
"You said we  needed to talk. What is it? What do you wanna tell me?" I asked him frankly.
 
He lowered his glance, looking at the table, he said "Mianheyeo Taemin... I.. I know I made a promise to you that I'll never let Chemi know what I am feeling and I'll start to avoid her. Believe me, I tried to keep that promise. I even came up with a decision that I'll just take my college degree outside of the country.."
 
"Tell me what happened inside." I interrupted him.
 
"I told her that I love her and we must be together."
 
I began to feel so irritated about what he said so I took the bottle of Soju and directly drank from it. When I put down the bottle on the table, it was almost empty.
 
"Taemin, will you slow down with that. You'll still driving home," Minho blurted out, but I ignored him. 
 
"I was so stupid to believe in you, and your promise that is full of . What do you think of people around you? Your making a fool out of us. You will leave anytime you like, without giving any crap on who would be affected, and just the same, you will be back anytime you wanted, messing a good relationship. Who do you think you are?" I told him. My emotions just exploded in front of him.
 
"I'm sorry.. It wasn't intentional at all. It just happened."
 
"Tell me what did Chemi said when you confided your feelings?"
 
"She said that he couldn't afford to hurt you because you have always been there for her. She couldn't leave you."
 
My heart jumped out when I heard that. *I won.* I gladly thought.
 
"If that's the case, we do not have anything else to talk about. She already have told you what you needed to hear. You just have to accept her decision. I must go backnow, Chemi's waiting for me." I stood up and turned my back on him when he called out my name.
 
"Taemin.. you should set her free."
 
"What?! Are you out of your mind?" I shouted out.
 
"We both know what she truly feels. You know that she couldn't give back the love you wanted from her. You are just both being unfair with each other, you are in a relationship that is a a one way street. Taemin.. let her be with the one whom she really loves, and I'll know that the time will come when you will find the right one for you, that girl who would love you back as much as you love her." he explained.
 
"Stay away from Chemi.. Stay away from us." That was the last thing I said before I left him alone.
 
While I was driving on my way back to Chemi's house, what Minho said still lingers on my head, and that made my tears dropped down. He was right, and I was just too afraid to accept that reality. Although Chemi tried very hard to love me as much as I love her, it just didn't work out. I could feel that her heart was still longing for that someone who made it fall in love for the very first time... and it was Minho. That truth hurts. It hurts so much, that I actually felt like dying at that very moment. How would I fight for something that I knew all along that I would be losing in the end? 
 
As I reached their house, I found Chemi standing at their gate outside. I quickly ran towards her and embraced her so tight. "What are you doing here? It's so cold outside," I asked. "I'm waiting for you. Let's come in. I am the only one awake. TOP oppa left a while ago," she told me.
 
As we sat down at the sofa, I hugged her again. I have a feeling that I would be losing her soon, and just by thinking of it, my heart was liked being squeezed. "Taem.. I'm sorry about what happened, and for lying to you.. Mianheyeo.." she told me. "It's fine Princess.. Uhm.. it's still Christmas right? I have something to give you.." I told her excitedly, that's when I noticed the necklace she was wearing. I could only see the chains of it, I began to feel tense and uneased, then I asked "I haven't seen you wearing any necklace before.. Uhm, is that new?" 
 
"This one?" She held it, and showed it out to me. I almost choked when I saw the music note pendant of it dangling on its chain. "Uhm.. a friend gave this to me." she simply said, then continued "What is it that you wanna give me?.."
 
"Oh that! Uhm.. I remember that I actually forgot it at home. I'm sorry.." I told her. I was actually holding it inside my pocket, I don't know, but I just came up with a decision of not giving it to her anymore.. Now I know that I certainly lose on this battle.
 
I stayed there a little longer then headed back home with a wounded heart. My heart was broken on Christmas Day.. I have to make a decision on whether to keep holding on or letting go of the person I loved the most.