Best Spring Break Ever!

Dongsaeng Saranghae

It was just another regular afternoon. The sun is already blocked by the clouds and I can feel the cold spring breeze against my skin as I strum my slender fingers through my guitar strings. I looked up to the sky and let my eyes drift shut, feeling the wind blowing against my face. I let out a quiet chuckle and left a smile curving on my lips, simple things like this never fails to make me happy. My eyes reached Mrs. Choi’s house as I opened them. Mrs. Choi is a family friend of ours. She and mom are the best of friends since college which I think is pretty great. I even recall mom telling me silly stories of them during the times when they were still young and I'm always laughing to them. I hope I would also have a friend like Mrs. Choi to mom because it's like mom have not found only a friend on her but also a family. Mrs. Choi often offers me some cookies and sweets whenever she spotted me here, right in front of our house with my guitar every afternoon each day.

I continued strumming as I think of a good lyrics that will fit on this melody that had been on my head since yesterday. Now I know that it’s hard to compose love song stuff when in the first place, you barely know anything about it. I shook my head and tried to get myself more focused. “I can do this!” I convinced myself. I just filled in the music with hums, still finding it hard to find the right words. So, I decided to close my eyes so I would feel the rhythm and maybe by doing that, lyrics will pop out on my head.

I was on that position for a couple of minutes when suddenly, I was interrupted by an unfamiliar voice. I gasped as I heard a deep baritone voice of a man saying “Hey! That sounds good!” I opened my eyes only to see a very good looking guy with round-chinky eyes, lips as red as cherries and milky fair skin smiling in front of me. That was probably the most angelic face of a man I’ve ever saw. I had to make deep breath so I could find my voice.

“Oh.. Hi! Hmm, ah.. Th-thank you!” I stutteringly replied.

 

“I’m Choi Minho,” he said with his smile still pasted on his lips. So that’s his name, ‘Minho’. Nice. It suits him perfectly.

“I’m Mrs. Choi’s nephew from Seoul; I’ll be here for the next two months, spending the whole spring break.” Wow, he seems quite chatty, isn’t he?

“And you are?”

 

*Speak Up! Speak up!* yelling silently on myself. What’s happening to me? Why is it,all of a sudden, this voice seems so locked up inside my throat and couldn’t find its way to my lips?

 

“Hrrm.. call me Chemi.” He lend his right hand and slightly leaned towards my direction, offering a friendly handshake. I stood up and shook his hand. He actually possesses a soft as cotton  big hand that has a perfect grip on mine. I, again, looked up to see his innocent giggly face. He was so tall; I am now standing but I just reached just as tall as his shoulders.

 

“So, is that your own composition?” he muttered, breaking the slightly awkward silence filling up the atmosphere.

 

“Huh?” I gave him a puzzled look.

 

“The one you’re just humming into.”

 

“Oh, that.. Yeah. But I’m actually still kinda working on it.”

 

“Oh really?” a small smirk formed on his lips.

“Tell me all about it and let me know how I can help you. Because you know, music’s my best friend too!” he said while tapping the free space beside him. He’s still wearing that smile; he’s not letting it escape his lips.

 

“Yeah, sure!” I grinned while having a seat next to him. He slowly reached out his hand towards to where my guitar was, signaling that he was borrowing it and without hesitation, I simply handed him the most important thing in my life.

 

*This..* I thought while watching him running his fingers through my guitar strings, *will be the best spring break ever!* 

                          

Yippie~ First chappie is up! Jeongmal mianhae for the super late update! I was very busy in school, you know?! >.<

And oh~ btw.. thank you so much subbies!~

♥Seana21

♥michaelaangela

♥LoVeRgAl

I love you allll~ <3

 

and hey, you..

thanks for reading! <3