Same Wish

Dongsaeng Saranghae

 

Wearing a loose shirt and a denim shorts, I decided to have a general cleaning of my room today. Anyway, my final hangout with Minho will be at 6 o'clock in the eveing and I have a lot of spare time in the morning and afternoon to clean and prepare myself for our movie time. My cellphone rang while I was piling my pocketbook collection on the shelves. It was Taemin.
 
"Yeoboseyo!" I greeted.
 
"Hey! How's the day of my girl?"
 
"Lee Taemin!" I raised a bit of my voice but I was smiling.
 
"Okay, okay.. What are you doing huh? What's keeping you busy?" he asked sounded so certain as if he was seeing me.
 
"Not much. I'm just doing some cleaning in my room."
 
"Yeah. I can see that. Did I tell you that you look so cute even you are bathing on your own sweat?" he said, giggling.
 
"Huh? What are you saying?"
 
"I can see you from here."
 
I looked out on my window and I saw him behind his car smiling and waving his hands at me. I smiled back and hang up my phone.
 
*That guy is full of surprises.* I thought as I ran dowstairs to meet him outside.
 
I opened the gate and saw him closer. He was looking so good on what he was wearing. A white shirt with black jacket, looking so cool and all.
 
"Hey! what brought you here huh?" I asked rasing my eyebrows but smiling.
 
"I woke up this morning with a thought that this will be a great day for biking."
 
"Biking?.. I didn't know you were into biking?"
 
"For a change I guess. I know a place and I am sure you will gonna love it there. They have lots of different bicycles that we can rent and we can stroll at the whole park for free. What do you think?" he asked, looking so excited.
 
I suddenly thought of my "date" with Minho tonight. But, I don't wanna turn down Taemin's invitation either. He drove from Seoul all the way here just to ask me for a bike ride. He will surely be disappointed if I'd say No.
 
And so I answered, "Sounds fun!"
 
"Alright! Shall we leave now?"
 
"Why don't you come in first and have something to drink. I'll just go and finish the cleaning. I'm almost done so you'll wait for me in no time."
 
"Oh sure, no prob at all."
 
I left him at the living room and went upstairs. After piling my pocketbooks, I took a quick shower and rushed downstairs. I was wearing a short green jump suit.
 
When Taemin saw me, he exageratedly opens his mouth. He was like that for couple of seconds as if he was bitten by a snake or something. I can't help but to laugh at him.
 
"Hahaha! What on earth is that look?!" I laughed, covering my mouth.
 
"Sorry my princess.. You are just so stunning. Every gentleman in the castle would fall for a maiden like you." he crossed his arms in his chest while smiling and nodding his head.
 
"You are totally one of a kind Lee Taemin. Mmm, I forgot to tell you that we should be back not later than 6 o'clock tonight. I have something to do later. Is that fine with you?"
 
"As always, no prob with me. We should be going." he then stuck his hand towords me.
 
"Okay." I grabbed his hand and we headed outside. As I came in into his car, I noticed a big basket at the backseat. I was curious so I asked.
 
"You were really prepared for this trip huh? So, what's inside that basket?"
 
"Of course. I really planned for this. I made cheesy tuna sandwich, some egg rolls, spicy rice cake in case you'll be really hungry. I also brought potato chips, cookies, juice, and of course banana milk."
 
"Wow! I'm really impressed."
 
"Wait until you see the place I was telling you. Buckle up my Princess and get ready for a joyride." he finally said before starting up his car.
We arrived at Gwangju, Geongju. A small city north of Ulsan and Busan. Geongju is home of Bulguksa Temple; It is a classic example of Korean Buddhist architecture. It's really a great timing that Taemin brought me here during springtime. Grass-covered and gigantic burial mounds of former dynastic rulers and miles of cherry trees lining the main streets.
 
We easily found a place where we can take some rest and munch the food Taemin brought. It was under a maple tree. While I was setting up the blanket and bringing out the food, he went to the bicycle rent shop to get a bike we could use.
 
He chose to rent a single bicycle with an extra chair at the back where I could sit.
 
"What would you like to do first? Eat or stroll?" he asked excitedly.
 
"Let's just munch something on so we will have enough energy for biking. When we get tired, we could eat again. We have endless supply of food here." I chuckled.
 
"All right! I'm really starving."
 
I preferred to eat the cheesy tuna sandwich he made. It was really good. While Taemin chose to eat spicy rice cake and egg rolls. With the way he chewed the food, I could say that he's really hungry.
 
"Take it easy Taemin, you might get choke." I reminded him.
 
"Thanks for your concern Chemi but I won't. I have here my banana milk in case of emergency," he said while laughing.
 
After eating, we decided to take a few-minute-walk before we go on biking. Our feet brought us to an aisle of cherry blossom tree. We walked through that aisle. With the wind gently blowing, leaves softly dancing, and someone you love at your side, that place is surely a perfect place for a couple. An ambiance that is romantic.. I closed my eyes and an image of Minho flashed on my mind. I smiled wishing it could happen then I heard Taemin's voice.
 
"Can I hold your hand Chemi?" That was a sweet serious tone. Before I could answer, he held my hand, smiled and continued to speak.
 
"I know who were you thinking... How I wish it was me but we both know who its is. How can he be so blind?.."
 
"You know, we have the same wish.. I wish Minho could care for me and see me like the way you do. Not just a brotherly care for a dongsaeng. But we can't teach our hearts to whom it will fall to.. But still, I am so lucky I have you as my friend Taemin."
 
"Lucky me.. So, are now you ready for biking? We only have 3 hours left to enjoy the park."
 
"Okay then, let's go!"
 
And we ran to get the bicycle he rented.
 
I rode at the backseat of the bike. My hands were on his waist. At the beginning of the ride, I was a bit scared but as we go further to see the beautiness of the place, we really enjoyed our biking experience..
 
After two hours of strolling, Taemin returned the bicycle we used and paid for the rent. Before leaving the park, we took pictures of us under the maple tree as a remembrance for that wonderful time we had been together. We headed back home both very happy. I didn't have any idea that that wonderful day will turn into a miserable one before the day ends..
I remember Taemin's Sandwich Trick on Yunhanam.
He always gives the noonas sandwiches which Key made.
Haha~ naughty Minnie.