Waking Up

Dongsaeng Saranghae
 
 
The year started beautifully for me.. finally I could say that I was happy back then.. with Minho by my side, I know that whatever comes our way, we would handle it perfectly. Holiday Season passed by and classes began to resume. More than last year, I focused well on my studies. I was so inspired to go to school everyday and to finish all my projects and homeworks. Minho was so busy finishing all the requirements for the graduation and getting all the documents needed for his college, but he still managed to pick me up everyday from school and drive me back home. Sometimes, we would go on a nearby coffee shop to unwind a little and to talk about our busy scheds.
 
 
One afternoon, while we were heading home, he suddenly said "I don't wanna leave anymore.." I was not sure if I got it right so I asked "Huh? You mean pursuing your studies in Australia? You don't wanna do it?" He sighed then nod while keeping his eyes on the road. I was surprised to hear it from him. I felt somehow happy yet a bit upset because he might loose a great opportunity there. Confusion suddenly came to me.
 
"Uhm.. Can I ask why? Why sudden change of mind? You are about to leave in less than a month." I asked trying to dig his thoughts well.
 
"I don't know.. Right now, the thing I wanted to do is to be with you. To see you every single day. Building my dreams without going so far away from you.." he softly said.
 
I was too overwhelmed on what I have heard. This guy really loves me that he is willing to set aside a good life that he may achieve just to be with me. For a while, I was speechless.. then I spoke again.
 
"But what about your family?.. You don't wanna fail them, right?" They expect so much from you."
 
"I know. I'll never fail them. I'll study even harder and pursue my career here in Korea.. not in Australia. I'll talk with them tonight." He looked at me then smile. "Don't worry Saeng.. it will be fine."
 
"Saeng?.. so im still a little sister huh?" I asked, pouting my lips.
 
He laughed sweetly, held my hand and gently kissed it. "You don't wanna be called noona right? Please let me call you like that, ok?.. For me, you will always be my dongsaeng.. my baby."
 
Minho always has his own ways of making me feel special and loved. I so love this man..
 
 
 
After that day, two weeks had fastly approached, and the times that I have been seeing Minho lessen and lessen. We never talked about his plans again and he would always wanna leave quickly after driving me home. I know there's something wrong but I tried to think positive about it. Maybe the requirements at school were so loaded that he must give it more time. 
 
One afternoon, I was standing at the bus stop near the school when a car pulled over infront of me. As the window rolled down, I saw Taemin's face smiling at me. I was happy to see him. He looks so cute as always. "Chemi! Ride on, I'll take you home," he cheerfully said. 
 
"Uhm.. I'll just take the bus, Gomaweo." I replied. "Chemi please.. I also wanna ask you something.. so.." he insisted. I got so curious about it, so I ride with him.
 
"How are you?" he simply asked. 
"I am good.. you?"
"Trying to get my life back.. but I'm fine so no need to worry"
"What is it you wanna ask?"
"Oh that.. Uhm, how's Minho hyung? Is he sick?"
"Sick? Wae? He's not.. I mean I don't know. What's happening Taem?.."
"You honestly don't know? Well, he's not going to the campus for couple of weeks now. We are all worried about him, especially Onew hyung. Then, I found out this morning that his mom went to the Music Dept to pass all the requirements for the graduation and told them that Minho hyung will not attend any classes anymore. He would just show himself at the actual graduation ceremony. She didn't mention the exact reason but she confirmed that it would be that way."
"Are you sure about that?" I nervously asked.I was startled with what Taem told me. I began to panic and feel so 
confused at that moment. I grabbed my phone and dialled Minho's number. *Unattended* My hands were shaking. I tried to calm down but I just couldn't. I wanted to fly to Minho's house to check him out but I didn't know exactly where he resides.
 
"Are you okay? Taem asked me.
"Do you know where he lives?" I replied with another question.
"I think so.. Yeah. You wanna go?"
"Yeah.. juseyo."
"Okay."
"Gomaweoyo Taem.."
"No prob."
 
We headed to Seoul, to where Minho lives. It is about to dark when we reached the place. 
 
"We're here. We have to walk from here to reach their house." Taem informed me.So, we went out of the car and began to walk. The narrow road is like a long stair. I think about 40 steps up before we finally reach the front of their house.Taem pushed the door bell and soon, a middle-aged woman opened it up. She's so beautiful and has a resemblance with Minho. I could tell, she is his mom. We greeted her and asked about Minho.
 
"Who are you? Are you Chemi?" she suddenly asked.
"Yes Ma'am, I am. Is Minho there." I politely replied.
"You are the reason of his sudden change of mind."
"Ma'am?.."
"It is all set. He will be leaving after he graduates. He will pursue his college in Australia and from them on.. that would be the time when he can actually decides for himself. Not until then, I will be the one to decide for him. Please don't get me wrong Chemi.. I like you. My sister GaEul told me so much about you. I know that you are a good kid. I just don't know if you will be a good influence for Minho right at this moment of his life. You are so young and Minho too. There are so much in life to be prioritize than being in love. Do you understand me Chemi?" 
"Yes Ma'am." That's the only thing I could say. My knees were trembling, and I might fell down anytime soon.
"And one more thing.. If he finds a way to talk to you or see you, I am expecting that you would be the one to turn him down. Believe me, this is for the sake of both of you. And as a promise, if fate be so good to you two and if you still love each other after he graduated in college, you will never hear any objections from me. You may now leave." After her last word, she turned back and gently closed the gate.
 
That was when my knees ran out of strength and it instantly bended causing me to fall back. I was thankful that Taem was there to catch me immediately. Inside Taem's car, I burst into crying. I understand his mom completely. I just find it so unfair not letting me to see him. I would not be a hindrance to Minho's dream.. I just wanna talk to him. That's all I wanted and it didn't happen. When would be these problems start disappearing? Just when I thought that my life would be perfectly happy with Minho.. everything turned out to be just a dream, and I must wake up right now before this dream turned into a nightmare.