Chapter 14

When a Baby Found in Front of Your Door

Sungmin was awake that night. He laid on his bed hours since Heechul talked to him. Taemin was soundly sleeping next to him in the crib, oblivious to his so called mother’s collided thought. He sighed loudly. Apparently Eunhyuk didn’t come to their shared room tonight. It was twelve at night and no sign of Eunhyuk would come. Though it wasn’t nice at all to sleep alone like that, but the image of kissing Donghae and Eunhyuk was hurt him like hell. The image wouldn’t go from his thought.

 

He shifted his body to his side, trying to send himself to the dreamland but to no avail. His body didn’t stop moving beneath his lovely pink blanket, while his heart pounded like crazy. He was thinking about his best friend. Should he drag his monkey here or let him be out in the cold living room? But he probably had the blanket with him since Heechul was there when Sungmin left them. What if Heechul didn’t even care with Eunhyuk? It was his attitude to care only for himself, though. Should he check?

 

Sungmin hesitantly left his bed without any sound. He opened his room’s door carefully, hoping Eunhyuk wasn’t in the living room so he wouldn’t debate with himself as for letting Eunhyuk in or not. He was confused. What should he do?

 

Eunhyuk was nowhere in the living room. He hoped Heechul let him sleep with him, though. So Sungmin could sleep in peace tonight, so he could show his shine smile again in the morning. But his thought was wrong. When he decided to have a drink, he spotted Eunhyuk sat on the dining table with a glass before him (probably a strawberry milk) like a zombie with head bowed and as if in his drunk state. No, Eunhyuk didn’t like alcohol even a glass—he said it was the worst drink he had ever drunk. So no, the glass wouldn’t be containing any of sorts.

 

“Eunhyuk-ah?” Sungmin tried to call his best friend. But Eunhyuk didn’t respond him. What was wrong? Shouldn’t he feel better after his boyfriend kissed him in front of his apartment building? So, yeah… two people kissing were called boyfriends.

 

So they were boyfriends, huh… there wasn’t any hope for Sungmin, then?

 

Sungmin poked Eunhyuk on his head. The blonde was startled at first, his eyes wide opened when he jerked his head towards Sungmin. The orange hair was holding his laugh. This was when he found the blonde was cute through his cool image when he was dancing. “What are you doing here in this hour?” the orange guy made his way to the refrigerator.

 

“Oh-uh… falling asleep? I thought I was in the couch… well…” Eunhyuk scratched his head. “What about you?”

 

“I’m thirsty.” The orange hair boy shrugged. “Shouldn’t you sleep in our room? I mean you had practice today, so I thought you were tired and need to… sleep comfortably.”

 

Eunhyuk nodded his head. It was awkward, Eunhyuk thought. They were never this awkward before. But because a kiss, an unwanted one, they became this awkward. Even Sungmin didn’t spare Eunhyuk a glance when he told Eunhyuk to sleep on the bed. This was something bad for them. Heechul wouldn’t like it.

 

^----^

 

The morning came and Donghae was busy as he never was. He took morning bath at six, exactly two hours before the school start, the time Kyuhyun hadn’t even wakened up. The brunette shook the younger one as he needed an answer for his questions inside his head, and the only one who could (or forced to) answer those was Kyuhyun. But Kyuhyun was curling up on the bed, undisturbed by whatever Donghae did on his bed. He was trying to make the gamers wake up, but then he remembered that Kyuhyun had a fever. Kyuhyun could be absent again today. He should have his rest, at least. But he wouldn’t take his rest if Donghae was around, right? He even couldn’t touch his laptop whenever Donghae visited him.

 

“Yah, Kyuhyun! Wake up!” Donghae shouted at Kyuhyun’s ear, but the latter didn’t even move an inch. I don’t ing care if Kyuhyun won’t go to school today, but he has to listen to whatever I wanna say, Donghae thought. It was because yesterday’s incident. The stupid Donghae, apparently, had found his love of his life, but his love of his life wasn’t thinking the same way. It was a misunderstanding? It looked like one, though.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah… pleaseee?” the older one whined, showing off his aegyo (which is Kyuhyun hated so much), pretending he was the little brother so his big brother would wake up and listen to him. But well… since it was Kyuhyun… “Please, Kyuhyun, help me? I have no practice, okay, but I heard that Eunhyuk practice a lot in the school even it’s not the practice day. What should I do if I meet him, Kyuhyunnie? What should I say?”

 

“Yaaaaah!” Kyuhyun mumbled on his pillow when Donghae kept shaking his body. He had headache, he knew he shouldn’t have played his game last night until midnight, and here he was, head throbbed and an unstoppable-talking cousin. How his life could be worse than this?!

 

“Kyuhyun-ah…” still with a pout, of course, Donghae tugged on Kyuhyun’s blanket. , that fish really is something.

 

“What?! Can’t you see I’m sleeping here?” Kyuhyun yawned. Hell, he needed his sleep right now.

 

“But… what should I do? What should I say when I meet him, Kyuhyunnie~ he probably is still mad at me because I kissed him! What if he doesn’t want to talk to me anymore? What if he doesn’t greet me back? Kyuhyun, what should I do~~”

 

“Geez, lemme go!” Kyuhyun jerked his hand from Donghae’s death grip. “Do you think being girly like this will solve anything? Stop pouting and go to school already—let me be!”

 

“But, Kyuhyun… you won’t attend school again? Don’t you miss your playmate?”

 

“No. now go, I want to sleep.” Kyuhyun turned his back to Donghae; hand tugged his blanket over his body so Donghae wouldn’t disturb him anymore.

 

“But Kyuhyun, you haven’t answered my questions~”

 

“LET ME BE! GO AWAY!” Oh Donghae, poor you. How was it when Kyuhyun kicked you on the , literally? You shouldn’t bother him at the first place, anyway. And you shouldn’t have asked Kyuhyun about your fangirl-things because he wouldn’t understand. He only understood games, though.

 

^----^

 

“What happened with both of you, Eunhyuk-ah?”

 

It was Leeteuk. He was the umma of the little gang, always concerned to his friends. He was the kindest person Eunhyuk had ever met, and he thanked god wholeheartedly for giving him this kind of friends. Although Kangin and the others often , but Leeteuk confronted them whenever Eunhyuk didn’t like to be teased. And of course, what Eunhyuk liked from Leeteuk was the motherly type, where he could rely on him freely. And this was the reason why the oldest of the rest concerned about him and Sungmin, because something was weird as he said.

 

“You worry too much, hyung,” Eunhyuk shrugged. Honestly, he didn’t want Leeteuk knew about what had happened with him and Donghae. No, not with him and Sungmin—apparently Sungmin was busy so he sunk himself in the library right now. Eunhyuk wasn’t sure, actually, of what made Sungmin a bit awkward around him. Sungmin didn’t usually laughed dryly like he did this morning after they put Taemin in the day take care. And Sungmin didn’t usually turned down Eunhyuk’s offer to go home together just because of assignments.

 

“Something happened, right?” Leeteuk’s gaze pierced through Eunhyuk, and he could see sadness there. Eunhyuk seldom felt down right this. He always perked up whenever Sungmin around or whenever they talked about Sungmin. “You know you can tell me everything.”

 

Tell you about a devil named Lee Donghae molested me yesterday by kissing me in public, hyung? Don’t you know I hate him so much until my head boil just for hearing his name?

 

Okay, that was what was in Eunhyuk’s mind. The latter though felt bad after Donghae kissed him (no, not because the punch, of course) because hell, that Lee Donghae stole his first kiss. For god’s sake, Eunhyuk was saving his first kiss for Sungmin and then this happened and Sungmin was feeling further and everything just blown down in one day! This is crazy.

 

“There’s nothing to talk about, hyung. Nothing’s wrong.”

 

“You know, Sungmin didn’t concentrate in the class. He didn’t answer teacher’s question like usual, and he looked lost somehow. There’s something to do with you, right?” Shindong suddenly butted in. He even pointed at Eunhyuk who was rolling his eyes because hey, he was in the same class as Sungmin! How could he do know that? Stupid.

 

“Don’t pointing at me like that!” Eunhyuk slapped his chubby hand. “I know! But that’s nothing to do with me, really!”

 

“Or should I ask your cousin about th—”

 

“Hey, Eunhyuk!” someone interrupted Kangin’s words by shouting from the canteen’s door. That was Jungmo, friend of Sungmin’s. He ran towards Eunhyuk and his friends, waving. Eunhyuk flashed a smile to him, feeling relief because someone at least could distract Leeteuk and Kangin from his today’s misery.

 

“Hello to you too, Jungmo.” Eunhyuk casually greeted him back, hopefully Ryeowook didn’t laugh, though. “Something comes up?”

 

“Actually, I just remind you not to be late for our project in Kyuhyun’s house today after the school ends. Donghae can’t be found everywhere, though. Have you seen him?”

 

“No.” and don’t want to, he added in his mind. “But I’ll let him know if I meet him later.”

 

“Okay. Oh, do you know where is Sungmin can be?”

 

“He said he had something to do in the library. Hope he’s still there.” Eunhyuk shrugged. Oh how he missed his little bunny. This is that fishy boy’s fault.

 

“Okay, thanks again. See you later, than.” Jungmo waved his hand and walked away. Eunhyuk sighed as the image of Jungmo vanished behind the door.

 

“So you’ll meet with Lee Donghae again, hm?” Kangin snorted as he circled his big arms around Leeteuk’s petite body. “I bet you’ll kick him on the if you two start arguing again.” Leeteuk slapped his hand, though.

 

“Don’t hear him, Eunhyuk.”

 

“But hyung… I think I need to tell you something…”

 

“That you actually have eyes for Sungmin? We’ve already known it, monkey.” The raccoon guy chuckled. Well, being his friends for almost two years gave them time to learn how Eunhyuk would be acted around Sungmin, though. Then again, his eyes showed everything.

 

“Wh-what?!” Eunhyuk stood up from his seat but Leeteuk pulled him back. “H-how…?”

 

“Isn’t it obvious? You always ask about him and so does he.” The raccoon guy shrugged.

 

“B-but… it’s not about that, hyungs…” Eunhyuk sighed heavily as he put his head on the table. Leeteuk then knew something was really wrong with his dongsaeng. But he didn’t say anything because he didn’t want Eunhyuk felt burdened. “I… yesterday that fish kissed me…”

 

Leeteuk and Kangin blinked. Oh well, he hadn’t known who was this fish. “What fish?” Kangin blurted out. He couldn’t stop himself from asking.

 

“Fish! That Lee Donghae—fish!” the blonde furiously  said. “That Lee Donghae kissed me in public yesterday hyung, and Sungmin saw that so everything is ed up and I can’t even say any proper thing to Sungmin because apparently he became awkward after the incident! God…” he put his head back on the table. Now he was ed up.”

 

“Doesn’t that mean Sungmin is jealous over that Lee Donghae?” Leeteuk slowly stated. “Well, isn’t that a good thing? He’s jealous, you know, and that’s probably because he likes you too!”

 

“Or he’s just feeling lost after found out that his best friend finally had a girl—in his case, boyfriend.” Kangin shrugged. —Eunhyuk’s mind was blurred. What the hell Kangin and Leeteuk were implying? They weren’t as good as Eunhyuk thought as friends, geez.

 

^----^

Hello everyone~ /waves

I'm happy I can post this chapter as I have a math assignment and hell, I kind of missing writing this~

Though I write it almost everyday, but I just added it a a sentence, lol. But weeeell--it's posted, anyway~

So, what do you think about this chapter? Actually I'm confused since people said it would be better if Sungmin ended up with Eunhyuk. But well, I have to say sorry because I can't tell you right away here~ I'll think about the plot seriously, promise!

 

So, happy reading? ^^