Cramps and Promises

Baby Baby

APPA FIXED LAPTOP! WOOHOO! <3

HERE'S SUPER LONG ONE WITH NO SPELLCHECK :-(

 

 

 

“You just gotta make him realize what he’s missing,” David said as he held my hand with his right, his left clutched onto the steering wheel firmly. “Oh and know your enemies-you gotta know your enemies if you want to conquer,” He said solidly. “In this case, Yoojoo.”

I nodded. David was driving to our double date spot-a mini golf circuit with a well known restaurant attached to it. It was just opened, and is supposedly a rage to go to especially for dates.

“Plus, you know, it takes a couple times for a girl to really notice a man, and Yoojoo is no exception. Once she really notices me,” He smirked and bit his lip, causing me to let go of his right had and hit his chest…his hard toned chest…

“What? Psh, I guess she’s not into love at first sight… or should I walk by her again?” He said and made the same smirking face, causing me to chuckle and hit him again, but he caught my hand and intertwined it, at about this time, I was already comfortable with David. I rolled me eyes and groaned clutching my spastic stomach.

“You pregnant again?” He asked taking a second to look at me before turning left.

I glared at him about to hit him, but he held my hand tighter.

“It’s my period. My first period in like, what… a year?” I groaned as another wave hit. “It feels terrible!!!” I slightly yelled. “I’d rather be pregnant ag… no I don’t,” I said biting my lip against the pain.

I sighed, tearing up because of the intense cramps, slouching in the chair.

“Is there anything you can take for this?” David asked, concerned.

“I already took some pain-killers,” I sighed. “I’m fine, I’m fine,” I said, stronger.  “I can do this,” I said more to myself.

“Fighting!” He said putting our hands up in the air.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

David took my hand into his as he locked the car. We heard the beep as we made our way to our meeting spot, the lobby. I checked my phone, and we were right on time.

He let go of my hand to hold the door open for me. I smiled, trying to be as happy as possible despite the fire in my abdomen and my urge to throw up. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I entered the lobby, which wasn’t crowded, I felt my hand warm up once again, as David slid his fingers into it.

We saw them almost immediately. They sat, laughing, sitting on a love seat. They were really close, and both had hot cups of coffee in their hand.

“Damn, I should’ve thought of that,” David said more to himself. I didn’t pay attention to him as Dongwoon looked up at us, waving and smiling. I put a fake smile on. I’m ready to do this.

I smiled politely to the couple as we all exchanged greetings.

“Dongwoon-ah, let’s go get the clubs,” David said as Dongwoon nodded, the guys getting in line to pay.

I sat in Dongwoon’s spot next to Yoojoo. Know your enemies.

“So how are you?” I said smiling my best, in spite of the fire in my abdomen, my urge to throw up, and now my will to slap this girl hard on the face. Whoa, a little too much, but then again, PERIOD.

“I’m good, how about you?” She said politely.

“I’m a bit cold, but that’s what boyfriends are for right?” I giggled.

“Oh, David is your boyfriend right?” She said with a twinkle in her eye. Well DUH, that’s why his hand is holding mine all the time, where’s your common sense girl? Do I look like a to you, and hold anyone’s hands? Okay, that typically doesn’t make you a …

“Oh yeah!” I said nodding viciously.

“Aww, you guys are cute together, a perfect pair,” She said looking distant. “I would like to have a boyfriend…” She said sneaking a peak at my man. Don’t look at Dongwoon. Leave him alone.

“Oh, one day you will,” I said smiling enthusiastically. Then the fire erupted-or my cramps kicked me in the stomach again. I groaned, my hands placed on my abdomen once again.

“Oh no, are you okay Unni?” Yoojoo said. Excuse me? I am most definitely not your Unni. Don’t get friendly with me girl. Well, I do need to get friendly to know her…

“Period.” I said simple, still groaning.

“Oh I have a technique! It always helps me with cramps, should I show you?” She looked at me elatedly.

“Sure,” I said flatly, then put a smile to my face, to hid the inside of me.

 

 

 

 

“Be right back!” She called to Dongwoon who waved us off.

“I hope this helps you Unni, It always helps me.” She said opening the door to the bathroom, allowing me to go in first, which I did without bowing or any sort of recognition. It hurt as I did, groaning again, my hands never leaving my now flattening belly-thanks to hardcore exercise and a lot from metabolism.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I walked out feeling slightly better, holding the door only for myself, wanting to run out of the bathroom. I don’t know why exactly, but I felt pissed. Just the presence of that girl. What even more is she’s so nice. I felt like punching a wall.

Then I bumped into something blue.

“Whoa, watch where you’re going,” Youngwon said rubbing his shoulder, while I rubbed my forhead.

He stuck his tongue out at me. “You’re late,” I replied. Here goes our triple date.

“I know. Not like I was excited for this anyway.” He grumbled when Yoojoo stood next to me with a friendly smile on her face.

“Hello, I’m Yoojoo,” She said and bowed a little. We heard a loud squeal as Youngwon looked down shaking his head and Yoojoo and I turned to see where the screech was coming from.

There was a tall skinny girl crouched on the floor, petting a fluffy puppy, whose owner looked slighty annoyed as well. She had wavy/curly brownish-red hair covering her face, but from what I know this would be Yunae.

“Wonnie! Look at how cute he is!” She said giving all her attention to the scared, furry little creature.

She stood up immediately jumping and hopping a few steps back, gasping as there was now a little puddle of yellow underneath the dog.

“Ew,” I heard myself and others around me muttered.

“Bad Cupcake, Bad!” The owner scolded, smiling at us then instantly leaving, as if happy the dog peed. I stared at the mess the owner left as Yunae turned to Youngwon and made a heart shape with her hands and bounced over clutching his arm, making Youngwon look extremely uncomfortable.

“You must be our Date-partners!” She said excitedly.

“I’m Yunae,” She said in a high-pitched voice, framing her face with her hands. Super Aegyo.

I bowed introducing myself, weirdy, and Yoojoo did the same.

“I’m soo excited!” She jumped dragging Youngwon along, as the two roamed about.

I was a little baffled by the situation that I stood there for awhile absorbing what just happened when I suddenly felt two fingers poke both my sides, forcing me to jump and give a little yelp.

I turned around at a smiling David.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Go ahead,” Dongwoon smiled, his hand at Yoojoo’s back. She took tiny steps onto the green of the minigolf’s 1st hole.

“Umm, okay,” She said unsure and about to swing.

“You know you’re holding It a bit wrong,” Yunae said in her abnormally high pitched voice.

Yoojoo, once focused on the course, was now looking at Yunae who winked.

“Dongwoon-ah,” I think we all took note of her premature use of informality, “Show her how to golf,” Yunae said one again framing her jawline with her hands. It’s as if everymoment she’s posing for a picture…

“What do you..” Dongwoon said clearly confused, as we all were.

Yunae made a ‘hugging’ gesture. As Yoojoo and Dongwoon looked at eachother then Yoojoo blushed.

Oh no, she didn’t mean…

 

“Um…”Dongwoon said, cautiously wrapping his body and arms around Yoojoo’s-who was convulsing in fits of light giggling. Then he ‘helped’ her putt.

Yunae stepped back to Youngwon. “Job well done!” She said to herself in a baby voice and bumping hips with Youngwon who liked as if he wanted to die.

I don’t like this girl either.

 

 

 

 

“Um, Okay, this time, try to hit it softly, so as to not lose the ball, so as to not pay a fine for loosing the ball because you hit it way to hard,” David said softly.

I gave him a fake smile through clenched teeth.

“Calm down,” He said rubbing my back. I sighed.

“I’m sorry. It’s just this mix of … anger and pain and… frustration-I’m getting really frustrated,”  I said shooting him my frustrated look.

“Maybe we should get a cup of water,” He said softly as Youngwon was putting with Yunae bouncing around him.

I nodded, not even wanting to look at Dongwoon and Yoojoo. We made our way into the building where we purchased the putters and balls when out of nowhere-

“Cramp attack,” I muttered through even tighter clenched teeth. I gripped my abdomen and crouched on the floor.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” David said. I was crouched, squeezing my eyes, but I felt his tense confused presence around me, probably not knowing what to do.

I inhaled sharply making a weird noise. A glimpse of what I felt? Jagged sharp things being pressed against my stomach walls from the inside. Does that sound nasty enough, or should I elaborate?

“Crap, you’re scaring the out of me,” David said. I didn’t really pay attention as I went into a sort of panic mode, feeling more cramps emerge from my calves, causing me to them fall unto the floor. I was in to much pain to see around me, but hoping super hard that no one was there to witness this undeniably humiliating moment.

I remember feeling myself being pulled from the ground and up into the air then just movement, finally being placed on a soft cushion. I open my eyes for a split second and see David in front of me.

I felt the pain slightly go away and the heat come to my face. I look below his face and saw him holding both my hands.

“Are you okay?” He said hardly.

I nodded and exhaled, retrieving my arms back and shaking myself a bit.

“That was freaking scary,” David sighed standing up. “ to be a girl,” He said turning around with his back to me. I was placed on the red velvety couch in a room that led to both bathrooms. It was like a waiting room or powder room you can say.

“Tell me about it,” I muttered.

I took a while to calm down and fix myself, going to the bathroom washing my face, changing the bloody stuff and coming out.

“You good?” David said to me.

I shook my head. “I don’t want to go outside,” I said walking towards a window that shone the putting area. I stared at Dongwoon. Then at Youngwon-who was entertaining as Yunae jumped up and down as she made a hole in one, wrapping her arms around a dull youngwon. Then to a Dongwoon and Yoojoo hugging.

I sighed feeling a different pain in my stomach. A sad pain. The butterflies of a different kind, I guess you can say.

I walked to the red velvet couch again and slumped down.

David was walking, pacing, around the room, bored. He saw me and sat next to me.

He poked my cheek and brushed his finger below my right ear, causing me to yelp and giggle. That was always my soft spot, Just the slightest of touches and I’d laugh my off.

I placed my hand on that ‘sacred’ spot and scooted away, trying to kill the natural smile growing on my face.

He laughed at my actions and mumbled something incoherent.

“What did you say?” I said, my hand laid on that spot that burned with his delicate touch.

“Your just like Dae.” He said. I cocked my eye brow and he pulled my hand from my neck. Well he tried.

“Stop! Noo!” I giggled as he tried to pry off my hand.

“Just watch, and calm down,” He grinned.

I sighed, slowly bringing down my hand.

His face came closer to mind, making my heart beat faster, which was a little odd, and suddenly opened his mouth. I closed my eyes, more in a scared manner and felt him blow right below my right ear, and with my cat-like reflexes, I immediately clutched the spot and unintentionally fell of the chair.

I made an ‘oof’ sound and sat on my . My body was already sore enough.

“Ouch.” I muttered, frowning. David was laughing, holding his stomach, and leaning back.

I glared at him and watching him laugh. He had a light-hearted laugh, and innocent laugh. Pretty soon I wasn’t glaring but smiling. I didn’t even realize it.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” He repeated. He leaned forward and jutted his hand out at me to take. I took it and pulled him down, which was very unexpected I guess as he fell as easy as paper to the floor. But what was unexpected on my part was he fell on ME.

“Whoa,” I said leaning back as far as I can and closing my eyes. I felt his breath on my neck and when I opened my eyes he was just inches from my face.

He was still smiling though, but it was a different kind of smile. I don’t know what it was and I didn’t’ know if I like it or not, but I didn’t have much time to think.

He sat back and cross legged infront of me, and I did the same.

“Well that was fun,” he commented.

“Ha. Ha. So much fun,” I said bitterly.

“Hey, no frowns. Smile pretty lady,” He said holding his hands up to his cheeks and smiling.

I giggled at this new side of him. “I thought you ‘hated’ aegyo.” I said, crossing my arms.

“Well if it makes you smile, what’s to hate about it?” he said staring at me.

I smiled even more, a bit lost with words.

“If you can get a beautiful girl to smile, then you can do anything,” David said and made a face to himself. “Well that’s what Dad always says.” He heartily laughed.

“Well you’re out of luck. No beautiful girl here,” I laughed at him, pointing at him, teasingly.

David didn’t say anything but gave me a questioning look, which I soon returned. He slowly took my right hand, and played with it. I was just sitting there, watching him, not knowing what to do, now knowing how to feel. He took each finger and slightly squeezed them before intertwining his hand in mine and kissing my hand.

“Shall we go my lady?” He said cheesily.

I laughed and shook my head.

“Why not?” He said.

I gave a distant look to the outside window.

“Ah. Well, I’ll promise you something. I promise that whenever you and I are together, we’ll make the best of each situation. Alright? Arraseo?” He said, and before I answered he made a silly face similar to his happy face from earlier, with his fingers at his cheeks, causing me to laugh.

“Since you keep failing, attempting your best aegyo, Alright.” I said and smiled.

“Alright then, Kaja!” He jumped up, excitedly and gave me a hand.