Payback...?

Baby Baby

 

I got in Junnie’s car, as Gina would drop off Dongwoon because she had business to do near that area anyways.

“Someone’s blushing!” Junnie teased about to pinch my cheek when I lost it and cried.

He jumped back into his chair. “Wha? W-what’s wrong?!” He said and said my name in a slightly shocked manner.

I started hiccupping, as tears fell. I hate when I completely lose it.

“H-he broke up with me,” I saigh softly, feeling the cold tears fall.

“What?!” Junnie said leaning to me, and then grabbing something from the back, which was a box of tissue.

I took one and blew my nose, seeing Gina’s car leave in the side-view mirrors.

He rubbed my back, awkwardly as I told him everything in a nutshell.

“Aish,” He said rubbing his hair furiously.  “I’m sorry,” He said sympathetically, “I feel like this is somewhat my fault,” He said starting the engine.

“No,” I sniffled, “I really do appreciate this, I’m just…shocked is all.” I said then it hit me.

“JUNNIE!” I said rather loudly as he backed up the car, which made him push down the brake pedal, momentum hitting us.

“Sorry, Sorry,” I said bashfully.

“It’s okay, but what?” He said putting the car on park again.

“I was going to apologize to Dongwoon at his apartment and saw him with a girl!!” I said in the most shocked and slightly pissed off expression.

“Well what was he doing?” Junnie said.

“I don’t know,” I said again a bit ashamed at my assumptions. “I guess I thought… something.”

“Don’t be jelly now,” Junnie teased, backing up. I told him I wanted to just go to our house instead of Halmoni’s, so I called them just to inform them that.

Before I got out of the car I mentioned to him, “So… I found out who my baby’s daddy is,” I said quickly and ran to my room to change.

I swiftly changed and heard Junnie yell things, then I heard footsteps up the stairs and knocking on my room, followed by obscenities.

 

As I checked the mirror, my eyes were still faintly swollen.

“Okay, Junnie, breathe,” I said turning my body to him. He huffed. We were outside of David’s large house. I calmed down Junnie and made him think rationally… again… which was a replay of last night.

“Okay,” He said after awhile, “I’m ready to meet the .” He said calmly. I laughed at him, as we both got out of the car.

“Shall we then?” I said, giggling, and holding my elbow out.

We walked up the front porch of the house and doorbelled. The door was answered by a happy looking Intae.

I smiled as he greeted me as I greeted him back, just as happily. He was dressed in comfy clothes and his hair was mussed, he must’ve just woken up, it was only 9am anyways, but I wanted to see my baby.

“This is Junnie,” I smiled introducing the best friend.

Junnie looked calm, so I felt more at ease. He even smiled, and looked happy to meet Intae. Well, I suppose he should be from my explanation of Intae just the night before.

“Shh, you might want to be quiet, some are still sleeping,” Intae said letting us in. I looked upstairs to the closed doors, but David’s was open.

“How many people sleep here?” I asked curiously.

“Well, we kinda crashed last night, so right now it’s about…” He counted out loud, “7” He said.

“Oh wow,” I said, but not really caring, and Junnie snickered.

“Do you want any food or water or something?” Intae said hospitably, as we took a seat on the familiar couch.

I shook my head as Junnie piped up, “Water, please,”

Intae bowed slightly, still smiling friendly, turning to the kitchen.

“This place is nice,” Junnie said looking around. I looked around also, seeing the same couch where David and I were, the kitchen, the room, the stairs, the bathroom, which door was closed, light open…

I nodded, and stood up, peeking my head to the kitchen were water was being poured. “Intae-ah, Can I peek at my baby?”

“Go ahead,” He shrugged.

I bounced my way up the stairs into the half-open room seeing baby in the crib, sleeping.

I saw on David’s bed, treasuring and examining my baby.

I guess time flies when you have little ones, the next thing I heard was Junnie’s loud voice as I got up, silently close the door and run downstairs to where Intae was holding Junnie back.

“Junnie!” I said in harsh whisper.  Then a voice was behind me, and called my name.

When I turned around I saw… Yoseob?

“Yoseob? What are you doing here?!” I said incredulously.

He looked tired, and half-awake. “Me? What are you… Don’t tell me the baby was yours?” He said, but it didn’t come out in a mean way…

I nodded, solemnly. Even though he didn’t make it seem like I was a , that statement made me feel just a pinch whorish.

He said my name and came close, but smiling. “Awe! I didn’t know you gave birth, Congrats,” He said warmly. What a complete, 180 degree change…

Nevertheless, a smile was found on my face.

“Junnie?!” Yoseob said, suddenly distracted.

“Yoseob?!” Junnie said just as surprised.

“How the hell do you know eachother?” David said, looking slightly pissed.

Then baby started crying. David turned around suddenly and we caught eachother’s eyes as we both made our way to the room, David taking 2 stair steps at a time.

“Don’t you dare touch her!” Junnie spat at David, about me.

I went inside and cradled her before David got there.

“Ssh, Mommy’s here,” I cooed, swinging her gently in my arms. Her cries were nonstop though.

“Here,” David said with outstretched hands, I gave him a “really?” face but he still insisted. I sighed, handing her to him.

He carried her vertically, and moved his body back and forth, humming a little bit and patting her head. Eventually, and rather quickly, the baby hushed.

I was amazed.

“Wha? How…?” I said with a bewildered expression, staring at him.

“What? I’m her dad.” He said without looking at me.

“Well I’m her mom!” I retorted. He laughed, and I got a good look at him as he gently laid her down again, sleeping. He had bags under his eyes, as well as dark circles, but he still looked relatively happy. Also, he was wearing a white wifebeater and jogging shorts… It’s not snowing outside, but I’m already freezing with 4 layers on.

“My mom told me that’s how I used to sleep when I was a baby. Gently move side to side, while rotating your body slightly, and humming happy birthday.” He said sitting next to me, his elbows on his thighs, hands entertwined with eachother and head down-as if he were meditating.

“Why happy birthday?” I asked moving my staring eyes from David to baby.

“Cause I was just born,” He chuckled. “Think of it like a workout, and as they grow up you can still do the same thing and get killer abs.” He laughed more.

I rolled my eyes, not really paying attention, but looking at baby’s chest rise and fall.

“She’s a cutie,” David said softly.

“She is,” I said agreeing with him… weird.

“Well I’m off for a jog, Watch her for me, will you?” He said standing up getting something from his closet.

Wow.

“Can’t I just take her home?” I am not his .

“Not yet, let’s decide on her name later, OK? We can go out for lunch too, my treat.” He said pulling a hoodie over him, and I got a glimpse of his body. Oh geeze, hormones. Think of Dongwoon’s abs… oh wait. Nevermind, don’t want to get depressed at the moment.

“Fine,” I complied, sitting there next to my daughter as he left hastily.

“Thanks cutie,” I think I heard before he ran downstairs. What a…. what an…

Ugh.

A few seconds later Junnie ran in, looking happy, which was most definitely weird.

He huffed, “Yoseob is friends with this group, how come you didn’t tell me they’re another boy group! I really do like the music, from what I heard- I can totally get down to this! But wow, out of everyone in the world-I’m still skeptical about David,” His expression turned pissed, “But he can rap-“

“Rap? Boy group? What are you talking about Junnie?”

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

 

 

“You have to be so humble?” I said throwing a pillow at Intae.

We were in the living room as he popped in a disc with a music video on it. It happened to be a music video with a little more than half the boys I just met in it. And I just met the other 2 now.

“Well…Yeah,” He replied, laughing, putting the pillow on the seat.

The guys stood up, leaving Junnie, Yoseob and myself on the couch.

“I see this way too much,” Jisu muttered passing me. I laughed at him as some of the others agreed.

My eyes were glued to the television though, I was always one to get entranced by performances of any sort. And seeing the differences between these boys now and when they perform… I have to say, that’s pretty y.

I heard my name and then weight next to me on the couch. When I looked away from David’s smirking face on the tele to the person next to me, I found Yoseob.

He had on a semi smiley, semi serious face. “Come by beast dorm soon, we miss you,” He said.

“Well, I feel a bit… ashamed…” I lowered my head.

He patted my head, “Don’t feel that way, we miss you, Dongwoon has also, and we want to hang out and have fun again, and you can make us food,” He winked, and I laughed. I wondered if he knew we weren’t dating anymore… Of coarse he’d know.

Even still, a huge weight was lifted from my 

______________________________________________________________________-

Intae, Yoseob and Daniel were playing with the baby at the end of the table. My stomach grumbled as the food smell was strong in the restaurant.

After a while, David came back…sweaty and what not. He announced he was treating the group to lunch, and soon there was a line to fix themselves up, outside the bathroom, as one by one, they took a shower whilst I played with Baby and Junnie-speaking of Junnie, he was being more civil to David, which made me feel more at ease.

So finally, we were in a private room at the back of a local restaurant that we all agreed we loved or just really liked. I looked around the table from left to right. The very left side of the rectangular table sat Jisu. Then in front of me, left to right, was dari, youngwon, Yoseob and Daniel, then baby in her baby seat at the very right side of the table. Then in my row, right to left, was Intae, David, myself and Junnie.

The boys were making faces at her as she just stared at them with serious eyes. At least she wasn’t a cryer.

“Bet you I make her laugh first,” Daniel said to the others.

I laughed watching all the guys give her their all. Her expression changed from serious to confused to looking like she was about to cry then serious again.

Then they started taking pictures with their phones, and I sat back, relaxed for once.

“So… names,” I started out loud.

“Any thoughts?” David said, leaning forward, turning to me.

I shook my head, diverting my eyes around the room, engaging myself in my thoughts.

“Byul? Dahye? Minjee?” I said throwing names out there.

“Dasom? Hyorin? Bora? Soyu?” The boys thought out loud, Junnie started laughing as more names were thrown out.

“Yuri!”

“Yoona!”

“Uee!”

“Dambi!”

“Hyoyeonsunnytaeyeonsooyoungseohyun? Tiffany? Jessica?” someone said enthusiastically.

“Day!” David said loudest of all. “You know,” he said cocking his head to the side, “So A part of me will be with her all day, every day,” He smirked. Then the table erupted in laughter.

“CHEESY!” They .

“Get it? Cause his stage name is DayDay,” Junnie said lowly, leaning towards me, then laughing. I rolled my eyes and giggled.

I thought about it though.

“Dae,” I repeated, and looked at baby. “Dae..!” I said in a louder, cute voice toward her.

“Dae Dae!” David cooed at the same time as we waved at her. She looked our way and then smiled.

“BWOH! SHE SMILED!” Daniel said incredulously.

“Dae Dae!” We cooed at her more, as her smile got larger and even a squeal came out.

“AIGOO!”

We got a little crazy then, but her first smile! Why wouldn’t we get crazy. At one point a women in a uniform politely asked if our sound could be lowered, to which we gradually complied.

“Dae,” I smiled, saying it to myself before indulging into the food.

 

 

 

Later that day we turned in the paper work for her birth, and got her birth certificate finally done.

“Dae! Dae! Kim Dae! Dae Kim!” I smiled pushing the stroller as David looked through the paperwork.

He laughed at my behavior, but I didn’t care.

I turned around as we got near the car, “So I’m taking her home today,” I said aggressively.

He looked at me, and thought for awhile. “Alright,” he said and I smiled, unbuckling her and safely putting her into her carseat.

“Fair is fair, But I see her tomorrow,” He ordered. I rolled my eyes, and sat next to Dae in the back.

“Mhm,” I said and we made our way back to David’s house.

He was playing music the voices were familiar. “I can’t believe you and beast and ugh-“ I made a frustrated noise as I listened to the same song from Beast when I was in Junnie’s car.

“What?” He chuckled, “Your hanging out with straight up talent,” he said.

I scoffed at his pride, looking at Dae, who was asleep. I touched her head, and smiled at her, then looked back up, quickly catching David’s eyes on us through the rear view mirror.

My mind started wandering on the mildly long ride to his house.

I was thinking about Min and Dongwoon and Gina and Halamoni, and other random parts of my life, as I caressed Dae.

“You okay?” I heard David said softly, and a slower song came on.

“Hm?” I looked up and he was looking at me, directly, through the rear view mirror.

I nodded my head.

“Yeah right. You looked like you were about to cry,” He said in a neutral tone.

I sighed. “Just thinking about life, I guess,” I looked out the window to the setting sun, to the cars that looked like they were in a race with us, to the buildings we passed, and then a small cough was heard, and I turned to Dae, who was shuffling a little bit, then sleeping away again.

“I’m sorry,” David said suddenly.

“Bwoh?”

He sighed. “I was thinking last night. I couldn’t wake up to reality and realize I have a daughter. I’m really not supposed to have one right now, I mean it wasn’t my plans, I wouldn’t have even known I had a daughter if it wasn’t for Dari’s drunkenness.” He explained. “I couldn’t imagine living, and not knowing I had a daughter. I guess this is payback for what I’ve done,”

I just nodded as he spoke.

“And then I thought about how selfish I probably seem. So I’m very sorry, you probably went through hell, or something like that…” He finished.

“something like that,” I answered softly.

He laughed, “Well if there’s anything I can do to make it up for you, I mean of coarse I’d like to make this parenting thing work out, but anything else, just call me,” He said responsibly. I felt better knowing this. Knowing he wasn’t an irresponsible jerk who didn’t use protection during . “Really such a wake-up call…” He muttered to himself.

I thought about what he said, and I thought about how life would be if I were never pregnant. I wouldn’t have met so many people…

I suddenly got a buzz from my pocket.

I sat up a bit to reach my phone in my pocket. It was from Junnie, and it was a picture message.

I opened it and gasped.

It was a picture of that blonde girl kissing Dongwoon on his cheek-and I’m not going to lie. She was pretty, very pretty, intimidatingly pretty.

It was a side view of her and a full view of Dongwoon smiling. It was such a cute picture. It was such a depressing picture.

I scrolled down more.

‘Yoseob showed me this and we were talking about it. Should I beat someone up?’

I frowned.

‘of coarse not. I told you what happened.’

I put it down and my mind started to wander.

Did he play me? Is this girl trying to ruin me? Is that why Dongwoon broke up with me? What did I do? What do I do now? Could this be the girl from the party-the bathroom?! I feel so ashamed… embarrassed…

My mind kept wandering, but that came to a halt as we parked infront of the house.

“I’ll get her,” David said getting out of the car and unbuckling sleeping Dae from her car seat as I walked lifelessly to the front door.

I doorbelled and almost immediately Yoseob opened the door. He was smiling and I put on a smile, retreating upstairs to David’s room, not really caring about much.

I plopped myself on the bed and just relaxed, staring at the ceiling.

Junnie walked passed and then backed it up, so he was in the doorway.

“Do you wanna talk?” He said.

I shook my head no. “I knew about this already. I was scared something like this would happen. I guess I gotta get used to it… nothing I can do.” I said defeatedly. Good job, just screwed up my chance with a wonderful guy. Why am I so impulsive? All my fault, all my fault!

“Gotta get used to what?” David said as Junnie made way for him and Dae. He gently laid Dae on her crib as she stirred, but eventually relaxed again.

I shook my head and Junnie stared at us for awhile before leaving, mentioning, “Tell me when you’re ready to leave,”

“Come on, tell me,” David said sitting next to me. He poked my side.

“We’re gonna raise our daughter together, you might as well confide in me too,” He made sense.

I sighed. “I got sort of…impulsive and made a fool out of myself at a party and kissed my boyfriend’s best friend because of stupid gossip I heard in the bathroom get into my head and now he’s with another girl and I feel like I lost my chance.” I sighed again. “You know … Dongwoon… Dujun,” I added.

He nodded looking into the distance thinking. “So you were dating Dongwoon, and now he’s with some girl, and you kissed Dujun in front of him?!” He said the last part with astonishment.

I closed my eyes, “yes,” I said and it sounded like a growl almost.

“Ouch.” David replied.

“Yeah, I know, I was a , but, ugh, I don’t know what to do!” I said frustratedly.

It seemed like the gears in our minds were turning for awhile before he spoke up again. “Well… I can help you with this, if you want anyways…”