Grandparents

Baby Baby

 

no spellcheck

 

“You really think I’m going to put my baby in that,” I said. I was sitting next to David and holding Dae. We were feeding her, and feeding outselves at the same time. It wasn’t exactly hard, but it got a bit… annoying as we found problems like cutting up food with one hand, or not being able to pick the food up with one hand, which led to us feeding one another-or in this case, David feeding me because I was holding Dae, which felt awkward.

“Well, it… We tried,” Youngwon said, leaning with one hand on the contraption made of a chair, several pillow, a few blankets and a rope. That was their idea of a ‘high chair’.

“It looks comfortable. If I was a baby I’d definitely choose this over a wooden nasty chair.” Daniel added.

“That kind of reminds me of 2 months ago, remember?” Jisu said reminiscently, then putting a spoonful of food into his mouth. The only one asleep by now was Dari, which every one said was fine. They were really scaring me about Dari’s drunkenness, and he was such a heavy sleeper.

Intae shook his head muttering something about how they always do crazy weird things as the three started talking about that memory. Junnie stared at the contraption, “Yeah, Halmoni’s looks just a little bit more reliable,” He said, holding up his hand, making a tiny space between his pointer finger  and thumb.

“Speaking of Halmoni,” I said trying to grab a spoonful of adult food for myself, and succeeding, “I think Dae should visit her grandparent’s right?”

“You mean Great-grandparents?” Intae asked.

“Oh, yeah,” I giggled, grabbing a small spoonful of baby food and feeding Dae.

“Has she met your parent’s yet?” Intae added as we all continued eating.

“No.” I answered, not phased at all at the fact I didn’t have parents. “I grew up with my grandparents, I don’t have any parents,” I said feeding Dae but she didn’t eat it, which made me frown. “Dae…” I cooed, trying to make her eat it. The table murmured, “Oo,” and continued eating.

“It’s yummy,” David said, and I haphazardly stuck the baby food in his mouth.

“Yummy! Daddy likes it!” I cooed as we all watched David try to digest the baby food. He chewed with a weird expression, and swallowed, coughing a bit and commenting that it wasn’t that bad.

“I wanna try!” Youngwon piped up, standing.

“Same!” Daniel said.

Jisu and Intae laughed and Junnie said, “That’s disguisting.” Which caused me to laugh as I tried to cut a piece of food and failing several times, therefore, making David cut it for me and feed me, but my hungry stomach wasn’t complaining.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“This one looks and smells the worst,” David said finding just 1 pack of baby food that didn’t look so appetizing. I told them-Youngwon, Daniel, and now Jisu, who got into the bet of eating nasty baby food-that they can only take 1 cup of the baby food that looks least appetizing. He smelled it and made a sour face, then passed it to the rest of us, the audience, if you will.

“Whoa, Dae does that smell appetizing to you?” I said putting the baby food under her nose, but she didn’t even notice.

I read the label and made a sour face matching David’s. “That’s gross, I passed it on as everyone agreed that was the nastiest smell and texture ever.

“I’d bet my money on Youngwon, if I had any,” Junnie said and Intae agreed.

Youngwon looked proud, as he put his hands on his hips. “Well it seems like we all know who’s not going put up with Yunae’s aegyo!”

What I learned during this bet is that the boys, with a passion, HATED aegyo and thought is was the most annoying thing in the world-with the exception of Intae who thought it was kind of cute. This personality trait was adapted by 5/6 of the boys during their trainee days when they’d watch this drama-not Daniel- daily which consisted of a girl who was “Aegyo-expert” and had the “most annoying personality ever”-Said by all of the guys except Intae, who, for awhile thought she was his ideal type. And perfectly enough-perfect in a sarcastic sense, of coarse- the company had hired a stylist that went with the boys everywhere who was branded, “Aegyo Queen,” in less than a week.

“So you don’t think this is cute?” I said in a high-pitched voice, making a half V-shape with one of my hands under my chin, still holding Dae.

“Eww,” Daniel and Youngwon said, frowning covering their ears. David, who was drinking water at the time, started choking a bit, as Jisu slapped his back.

 “Oh, sorry,” I said in a high-sing-songy-pitched voice, causing them to frown more.

“You guys are weird, I think that’s cute,” Junnie said turning to sit on the couch, passing the floor where Dari was still passed out.

Intae followed, “I agree Junnie.”

And then for awhile we all stared at the almost-glowing-green-vile jar of baby food on the island.

“Who’s first?” Daniel said looking around at his Hyungs.

The three went into a round of, “Mook-Ji-Ba” as I danced with Dae in my arms to the couch, followed by David.

Intae kicked a bit at Dari who just snored right through.

“So what’s your guys’ schedule today?” Junnie asked.

“I think we have to be at the studio late afternoon,” Intae answered.

“Perfect, we can visit Halmoni!” I said lifting Dae up and kissing her nose.

“But I’ll be busy?” David wondered.

“You think you’re coming with us?” Junnie said with an eyebrow cocked.

David mimicked his look, “Well, yeah.” He suddenly held my hand, and I forgot our boyfriend-girlfriend roles, as I tensed up a little, shifting Dae to my other arm.

Junnie looked down and shook his head, “You really want to see Halapoji’s wrath…” He said more to himself and after he said this, I thought about it… They would be furious with David, of coarse.

David looked at me questioningly, causing me to sigh and shrug.

All 4 of our heads shot to the 3 in the kitchen as we heard a yelp and some vomit-inducing sounds.

Jisu was hunched over the sink.

“Why do I succumb to your ways,” He said, wiping his mouth with a paper towel, retreating to the couch with us.

“Good job hyung!” Daniel called out. “I bet I can beat 2 swallows though!” he said with a victorious face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was upside down on the bed, rotating through positions I could never have done while being pregnant, that I used to stretch through. David was in his closet, changing and Dae was in her crib, playing with stuffed animals and coo-ing.

“What are you doing?” David said, coming out of his medium sized walk in closet in a white hoodie and jeans, held lowly by a belt. Plain but nice, I have to say.

I looked at him through my upside down vision. “Stretching,” I said as I pulled my chest towards my knee. Yeah, hard to picture right?

“Al…right.” He said opening the door and leaving me.

I continued to stretch, upside down, when a body passed the door, then backed up.

“You look silly,” Youngwon said, scrunching up his face.

I stuck my tongue out and saw him walk up to Dae’s crib and lean forward waving and making silly faces at her. I can imagine her hard, confused face. I inferred that she wasn’t laughing or anything as Youngwon sighed defeatedly.

“This .” He said collapsing on the floor.

David walked in looking fresh and staring at the blue-haired body on the floor.

“How do you do that?” He said to me, sitting on the bed, staring at me.

“I just do,” I said sternly, and he poked my belly, causing me to flinch and giggle. I then gave him a pissed off look, causing him to chuckle.

“No one’s here, you guys don’t have to act like that,” Youngwon muttered from the floor about our actions.

We looked at him, and I’m guessing David’s look matched mine-serious and not playing around.

“Scary. you guy’s practice doing that at the same time?” He said, getting up and stretching out his legs.

“Shut up. Go prepare for your date with Yunae.” David said.

“Oh yeah, Mister confident lost.” I said laughing at Youngwon, who was now giving us the serious look.

“This . I don’t want to spend a whole day with her. I’ll be so annoyed.” He said crossing his arms. Apparently, Jisu took 2 swallows of the food before giving up, and almost losing by vomit. Daniel beat Jisu by 1 more swallow than him, making him lead, while Youngwon confidently took a spoonful of the food, instantly spitting the food out on the counter. Gross for us, sad for him.

“Let’s make it a double date,” David thought out loud then looking at me curiously. “We can do it before the New Year’s Eve broadcast.” Youngwon went on a rant about how he’d be happy to, thanking his hyung and what not.

But the gears in my brain went into overdrive. New Year’s is coming…. If there were a lightbulb on top of my head, it’d be super bright right now. “Or a triple date,” I said as David and I locked eyes-he read my mind.

“Triple date it is.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Say, ‘Hi Halmoni and Halapoji’,” I said taking Dae’s hand and waving it to the amazed grandparents.

“She’s absolutely adorable!” Halmoni squeeled.

“Beautiful granddaughter, beautiful,” Halapoji added.

“And look at you two!,” Halmoni said as she got Dae from me. “You look like parents already,” She said with happy eyes, hitting Junnie’s arm.

“Oh, well you know,” Junnie said with cockiness, which made him receive another slap from me this time.

“Come in, come in,” Halapoji said, grabbing Junnie’s arm and pulling him inside where I was already.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I will try to update lots this week! ^^ this story is just adfja;dskl Idk, it needs to end soon xD

anywhoo. I had a dream and I want to start another story because of it T.T If i do, it wil be short! hopefully around 25 chaps! Okay! Thanks! ^^