Relief Then More Stress

Baby Baby

 

My hands were shaking as I looked at my phone. We were in Logan’s car as he drove us to baby’s whereabouts.

I didn’t realize it, but I had scrolled down to Dongwoon’s contact and was just staring at it, until a drop of water hit the screen.

I quickly wiped my eyes and the screen, maintaining my tough exterior.

“How the hell could people like you do this?” I said fiercely. I kept my eyes ahead of me, trying to memorize the unknown route we were taking to wherever we were going.

His laughter pierced my ears.

“We’re not bad people,” He said smoothly.

“Then what kind of people are you? Stealing babies with no remorse especially to the mother sounds pretty bad to me.” I spat out.

“Well, David said this was the easiest way to go.”

“What the hell are you talking about and what do you mean?” I bit my tongue to act cool. We made a series of sudden turns, when he suddenly stopped and leaned over to me, putting his hand on my cheek so I would face him. I yelped, and slapped his hand away, glaring at him as he laughed and went back to driving.

“You are pretty,” He said focused on the road again.

“Your lucky your driving right now,” I muttered, wiping his nasty hand print off my cheek. “You never answered my question anyways. What do you mean, ‘easiest way to go’?”

“Well it’s not like he could just come right up and tell you he’s the dad, can he see the baby, or whatever he wants-“

“HA! So he thinks kidnapping my baby is better?”

“Well he is the dad-“

“How am I even sure HE is the dad! How did you guys know I was in the hospital, how did he know I was even pregnant if he was never there, I was alone the whole time-“

“He is the dad. The day when you probably conceived the baby till the day the baby was born makes sense, he sent in a blood sample too, so we’re sure of it. One of our friends got extremely drunk and broke his leg very early Christmas morning cause of this party, so we brought him to the emergency room, and that’s where he saw you being dragged into the emergency room we’re we were waiting. He wasn’t sure of it, so I helped out until we confirmed it really was you.” Logan said casually. “You can say it was fate,”

I took my time absorbing the information, when he added, “You really did grab everyone’s attention, screaming like that,” He said then reminiscently laughed.

I scoffed, “Stalkers,” Then he slowed down, parking in the driveway of the moderate 2 story house in front of me.

I didn’t pay much attention, as I was already in a tight situation.

 

I was pretty nervous as I realized Logan pushed the doorbell button, and we waited for this father being to show up. Yeah, I’m scared.

In that span of seconds my mind raced: was he ugly, was he old, was he rich, was he dumb, what diseases did he have, was he sick… etc.

But then the door opened…

To a tall, very tall and also built guy. I was not at all familiarized with his face, or him for that matter.

He smiled wide. “Oh man, here she is,” he said turning around, leaving me a bit bewildered, but followed Logan inside. My most prominent thought was if this guy was David… the father.

I felt so out of place. The house was nice and clean, a bit empty but still homey and warm.

“Sorry, we’ve just been stressed with the situation, it’s not normal for David to get women pregnant and realize he’s a dad.” This new guy said. Then added, “Sit down,” to my awkward standing figure. Logan was already seated, feet on the table and everything. I tried to stare at him more, if he really was the dad or something familiar. Nope.

“I’m Intae,” he said flashing a nice smile and holding his hand out.  I felt uneasy, he seemed nice, but he’s apparently not the Daddy of baby.

I was unmoved, but I tried to smile but all that came out was, “Where’s my baby,”

He took that held out, and lonely hand back to his lap.

“She’s sleeping, just relax, wait until David is done showering.

I sighed, “Can I at least see her?”

“Just let her see her, she’s just become a mom and she’s been through a lot,” Logan said, surprising me, his figure just lounging on the couch, eyes closed, head tilted on a pillow, facing the ceiling.

“Okay,” Intae said standing up, “follow me,” he said politely.  I trailed him as he walked up the stairs, passed what the closed lit-up bathroom door and into the room next to it. He opened the door slightly, turned to me to check that I was behind him and resumed to opening the door wide. The house was pretty empty and spacious that I heard Logan cough from where we were.

Then I ran to babys sleeping figure on the large bed. She was wrapped in a pink blanket on the white bed. I sat next to her, rubbing her head, then leaned in to kiss her nose. She stirred, but then fell asleep again. I looked to my surroundings. Behind the bed was a big window, and it was light outside, but cloudy, it seemed it was going to snow again later. The room was big also, the rooms bare and white, but still conforting. There was a few things scattered here and there, and in the end it reminded me of Dongwoon’s room.  The things that stood out in the room was a purple cozy crib and a matching changing table. I couldn’t help but smile. That was… nice. But still…

I sighed, and forgot about Intae as he coughed.

“She’s cute, she resembles you,” I turned to look at him, standing there in the doorway, cross-armed. He looked very mature, I wonder how old he is…

“I held her when David brought her home, she was awake and she was restless. She’s very talkative too, I don’t know you too right now, so I wouldn’t know if she got that from you but David does talk a lot,” His smile grew wider.

I knew I liked this guy now, and I wasn’t intimidated or weirded out by him, but comfortable. At first his looks made me skeptical of him and of the house I was entering and it got me wondering if he was the dad, but apparently he isn’t. I know that’s a fact by now.

I smiled, at a loss of words.

“Are you shy? Make yourself comfortable here.” He said as I leaned back on the bed.

“Well seeing the situation I’m in, I’m still… Confused,” I said thinking of the right adjective. Not much confused, maybe more scared…

My heart skipped a beat as the bathroom door, or what I thought was the bathroom door opened.

Intae leaned his heada back and looked towards the bathroom, he even looked a bit scared but muttered, “Hey david,”

I heard a voice reply back, “Hey, is she here?” He said obviously referring to me. That voice was a bit familiar…

Intae nodded, making room from the doorway.

Then he entered. He had a white towel wrapped around his waist, leaving his body exposed. He didn’t look up to me, but had a matching white hand towel in his hand as he dried his hair. Yes, my hormones were still working as my eyes stared at the what they could stare at- his extremely toned body, nice arms, and, yes, I can totally see myself hooking up with him-sadly. At least it wasn’t some scary looking, old man.

He rubbed his face with the hand towel and as soon as he was done, I realized who it was.

“You!” I said loudly, pointing at him, standing up, and then put my hand over my mouth as the baby started shuffling again.

He smiled, more like smirked, saying my name. It echoed in my mind and I remembered a dark room and loud music. Then I remembered the time he was staring at me, fixated on me-that time in the nursery before dinner with Halmoni, Halapoji and Junnie. Yeah, he was the one.

 He opened those toned arms, asking for a hug.

It was inviting, and luring, but no. Hell no.

I glared at him.

“Alright, well, you can go now,” He said going to his closet. My stomach flipped. What a jerk.

Intae was still at the door, his eyes cocked and shaking his head at David’s actions.

“Can you take us home?” I asked to Intae, sweetly.

He smiled about to answer when David’s muffled voice answered from behind the closet door.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, what do you mean us?” He said opening the door. He was shirtless, wearing some jeans, but pulling on a hoodie.

“Me and my baby, duh,” I said venomously.

Your baby? She’s also mine,” he said seriously, sitting beside me on the bed. I scooted away from him.

“You kidnapped her from me!” I said defensively.

“Do you want me to fight for custody?” He said threateningly, shooting me an intense stare.

My stomach flipped out even more. “Why would you do that! You stole her from me!” I said close to crying.

“I am the Dad, I should at least play the part right, I never wanted my child, whether she was on purpose or not, to grow up single-parented. Whether we are separated, whether we are together, I want to help raise her.” He said seriously, almost a twinkle in his eye. He reached up and swiftly wiped the tear trailing my face, stood up and walked out.

“Let’s not wake her up,” he muttered, passing nosy Intae. I followed both of them downstairs, where Logan was snoring. We passed him, and were in the kitchen.

“I’ll cook lunch,” Intae said. He started prepping while I just watched, deciding to sit at the island, David next to me, leaning onto the island.

Intae said my name, it sounded so foreign from him, but I can get used to it. “Are you going to have lunch here?”

I wanted to say no.

“Just have lunch, it’s been a while, hasn’t it?” David said winking at me.

I scoffed. “Well I can’t go home, apparently,”

“Stay the night too. If you want, we can even recreate our last night,” He smirked.

I was disguised. “Hell no.”

“I was kidding, you need to shape up again anyways,” he said. Oh man, I am trying to calm myself at the chair as he left the kitchen.

“Well I’m sorry I was busy being PREGNANT with your baby.” I winced at ‘your baby’. I didn’t want to say ‘our’ that sounds like we’re together-which is NOT happening… no matter how attractive he is. He is a JERK.

“Don’t mind him and his jerkiness.” Intae said at the stove.

“How did he become such a prick. Yay, my daughter will love to know how much of an her dad was.” I muttered.

Intae laughed, “He’ll mature. He’s stuck in the limelight,”

I giggled. “Thank you, your one of the nicer guys I’ve met all week.”

“I try,” He said modestly.

“So… what do you mean limelight?” I asked after awhile.

“Well-“ Intae said turning around, a tray of freshly cooked food in his hands.

“Inati umma!” A blue haired boy said walking in followed by Logan and another guy with short hair in crutches.

They all passed him, grabbing food from the tray.

“Shut up!” it sounded like David yell from upstairs.

“Oh, hello,” The blue haired one said.

“That’s David’s baby momma,” Logan muttered my name.

“Oh!” The two others said. I guess they knew.

“Oh shoot,” intae muttered the smell of burnt food in the air.

Right when I felt more at ease, I feel uncomfortable again. 

 

 

 

 

Back with Dongwoon in the next chapter?

Well he'll be there....

^.^

<3 suscribers

<3 readers

you guys are aweshum!