No More Pain

Baby Baby

 

“Here,” Junnie gave me a hot cup of tea, trying to cool his own cup of coffee.

I blew off the steam coming off the top of it, inhaling the relaxing aroma.

Its been 2 days since baby’s birth, and we were deciding names for her. I was already discharged, but since baby could not go home with me, I slept over at the hospital, for the length she’d have to be kept there. Junnie couldn’t sleep over at the hospital everyday with me, so tonight would be my first lonely night alone at the hospital, with baby of coarse.

“What about.. Julhee. That was my first crush in grade school.” Junnie said smirking into the distance. What a player… already .

“Why ever would I name baby after your first crush in grade school?” I said with an eyebrow up.

He shrugged, “Just shooting names out there,”

We silently thought, while watching her coo.

“Hey baby,” I said softly to her as she was eyeing my face, placing my index finger on her fragile, tiny head, as she grasped it weakly. “What do you want your name to be?” I asked her, giggling to myself.

Still silently thinking I suddenly heard a familiar voice call my name and then Junnie’s questioningly.

We turned around, me in a sudden shocked state.

“Gina?” Junnie said then stood up to greet her.

“OMO! You gave birth?” She said walking straight up to me. My face was totally red, and I did not know what to expect from her. Until she gave me a warm, inviting hug, which brought tears to my eyes, actually.

“What are you doing here?” I tried to say strongly, feeling like a burden was lifted from my soul.

“My aunt is recovering from surgery,” She said and looked to baby. “Is that your baby?” She said cautiously.

I nodded, “Ne!” I said and actually smiled.

“She resembles you,” Gina smiled, waving at baby, giggling.

I was anxious to ask her how everyone else was doing. I felt like throwing up, anxious, the words stuck in my throat.

“So… How is everyone?” Junnie said simply and casually. I could wipe the nervous sweat from my forehead.

“Welll…” She said, and I felt like I was about to hear a revelation. “They’re not as great, Dongwoon isn’t very good, neither are the rest of the beast members, except for Kikwang and Yoseob. Everyone’s kind of touchy… The girls are fine. Some are a little curious and confused, but other than that, we’re all concerned about YOU,” She said looking straight at me.

My stomach dropped, my empty stomach, that surprisingly felt so much better.

I dropped my head, looking at my slowly-recovering ankles.

“Better than I thought,” Junnie replied.

“Yeah, the first few days were chaotic, I won’t lie,” Gina continued.

I looked up at her, to meet a warm smile. “I’m just happy your okay,” Gina said patting my back.

“C-can you please, please, please, keep this a secret?” I said intertwining my hands to further exaggerate my plead.

“Don’t worry, you can trust me,” She said seriously, and we looked at baby more.

“I’m sorry,” I said softly, tearing a little bit. “I was so terrible, I hope you don’t judge me, I was so frustrated with … Things I heard… and I let it get to me.” I apologized.

“Honey, It’s alright. I can imagine me being far more worse,” she replied to me. “Just curious,” She said after thinking, “What did you hear?”

I sighed, “Bad things,” I answered deeply. I looked to Junnie who had his arms crossed, just watching us, in a serious expression.

“I went to the bathroom, and I heard these … girls, bad mouthing me. Maybe fans. They scrutinize Dongwoon and I as a couple.” I said. Were w even still a couple? After I did… what I did to him.s

“Aaah,” She said as if this has happened to her.  Her face relaxed.

“Has this happened to you before?” Junnie said as if he didn’t care, sipping on his coffee. I guess mine should be cooled down, so I started sipping it.

She nodded slowly staring off into space, then half sighed, half laughed. “When I first started, I was working, but I also had to use the restroom. Some employees were talking about how they thought I wouldn’t make it, or didn’t have what it takes, something like that.” I looked to her, shocked, and a bit concerned. But seeing how she currently was, I was stunned and impressed. “Some advice, don’t take it the bad way, gain from it,” Gina looked to me reassuringly. She gave me confidence with this little story she shared.

“Thank you,” I bowed my head.

“You sure showed them,” Junnie smirked. The baby cooed again.

“Ah! So what is her name?” Gina asked.

“well… we were just picking that out,” I smiled looking to Junnie who gave me a small smile back.

“Well I guess I should leave you two to that then,” She said getting up.

“You can stay…” I told her.

She shook her head, “I have to see my Aunt anyways,” She bowed, “Goodbye, please contact me later, I miss you,” She said to us. We smiled and I nodded as she left.

 

 

 

 

A little while later, Halmoni, Halapoji were treating Junnie and I to dinner. I was at the house staring at my deflated, stretched out stomach. I know, that sounds incredibly gross. I decided to set up an exercising system to get my body back to normal. At least it was basically just my stomach...

I put down my pen and journal, looking to the mirror. I have to say, it did feel good to be un-pregnant again. But the experience was OVERALL fun.

I rubbed my sort of flat belly, thanking God that I wasn’t one of those people who would have an extremely hard time after pregnancy, even though I had my scar from the cesarean section.

I fixed my semi-curled dark hair, and put on some mascara, blush and lip color as I checked the time. I decided to ask Junnie if he can take us to see baby before  

I ran down the stairs, not used to that feeling as I have been preggy for the last many months, almost a year.

“JUNNIE!” I yelled as I ran. I almost tackled him as I jumped onto him for a brief second. He laughed.

“Bwoh?!” He said in a faux-anger tone.

“Let’s visit baby,” I smiled.

He was just standing there pondering, noticing he had this power.

So naturally, I’d kick him. “Boy your energetic, now that you don’t have to worry about a child in your belly,” he chuckled briefly massaging his calf where I kicked him.

 

Before I knew it I was in the nursery cradling baby in my arms.

“Just one more night before I get to take you home,” I sang, dancing with her in my arms. She was so tiny and fragile.

“Aish,” I heard Junnie mutter. I looked up to him, questioningly, but continuing to hum to baby. “I left my phone in the car, I’ll be back,” He said before swiftly walking out the door.

I followed his footsteps as I waited for him by the open nursery door, still cradling baby.

I was standing near the open doorway, to the nurses walking, being busy.  “Hmm, what name do you like? AeYoung? EunMi?” I smiled and giggled to her pondering eyes, looking up at her mom, “Cinderella?” I smiled and brought her up to my face, planting a kiss on her. Then I heard slightly fast pasted-Junnie sounding steps as the entrance door opened. I peeked my head out of the nursery expecting to see Junnie, but instead I see a very striking figure. He was wearing a hat but from what I could see, his hair was pretty short, well the sides anyways-casual clothing, but his eyes were rather big and flirty looking, only a bit hidden by some glasses. His physique was tall, but not as tall as Dongwoon, more of Junnie’s slightly taller than average height, and he was pretty built.

Oh man, after I gave birth, my hormones got quite crazy. I blushed as he caught my eyes staring at him, and his mouth curled into a smirk, but his dark eyes screamed mysterious. They didn’t quite match his smirk, and I couldn’t place anything on it. His pace slowed down a bit as he neared me, our eye contact still not broken. My body felt a bit numb, and suddenly a feeling of déjà vu hit me, but all was shaken off as Junnie’s echoing voice said, “I know her name!”

I broke eye contact as the mysterious-eyed man passed me, and I looked to my best friend, still swinging baby side to side, ready for him to continue.

“Let’s name her Bohm! You know I love Park Bohm!” He smiled like an idiot.

I gave him a menacing glare, “Why would I name her after an idol you adore.”

“Well the name is still pretty.” He commented.