Chapter**5

I will never forget

 

JUNHO’S POV

“EunAe!!!” somebody shouted then we all looked back. I saw a couple with a big smile on their face as they approach EunAe, they both run to EunAe’s direction and hugged her tightly.

“We miss you Eun!!”the tall guy that looks like an Italian said.

“Why didn’t you visit us? It’s been 3 years Eun” the girl asked EunAe.

“I miss the two of you! Jam and Channie, Sorry if I didn’t have the chance to visit you guys”- EunAe said. Then the girl look at us and back to EunAe. I saw her pointed us then EunAe look at us. I can see through her eyes the happiness she felt when she met her friends.

“Oh… by the way let me introduce you to them, Jam and Channie this is Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee and Junho” EunAe introduce us. “Uncle, Auntie, Junho this is Chanie and Jam my friends and also the owner of this restaurant” EunAe introduce her friends happily. Her eyes were smiling, her cuteness is outstanding it made me realize how beautiful she was.

“Sorry but we need to go, I’ll just visit you again” EunAe bid her goodbye to her friends as they hug each other again.

“You’ll come again okay?”- Jam said sadly.

“Ne! I promise, bye Chan! Bye Jam!” EunAe said as she walks toward us and I assisted her until we get in the car.

“How did you know them EunAe? Are they really the owner of that restaurant?”my mom asked excitedly.

“Yes they were the owner of that restaurant; we’ve become friends because we always go there before, it was the favorite restaurant of my mom. She loves their spaghetti, so she decided to meet the cook. And it was Jam who cooks the spaghetti. She’d cook the best spaghetti I’ve ever taste. That was the time I’d known her and also he’s boyfriend Channie, then I always hang out with them until… I’d lost my parents” EunAe explained. I saw that her bright eyes turn to a gloomy one when she mentioned her parents. Tears are forming into her beautiful hazel eyes. It must really hurt her so much. My parents didn’t notice the change of her mood, they just kept on asking.

“Jam was a foreigner, right?”my dad asked. EunAe simply wipe her tears and force a smile.

“Ne, she was a foreigner. She didn’t plan to have business here, she came here just for a vacation but that change when she met Channie” she stated, the sadness seem to fade away.

 

EunAe’S POV

I felt sad when I remember my parents, it had been 3 years since they passed away but the pain is still the same. That’s the reason why I didn’t visited Jam and Channie because every time I saw their restaurant, I remember all things about my parents that would make me happy and will make me feel that I’m still with them but it will eventually bring back the pain of losing them. 

Luckily Uncle Keep on asking me about Jam and Channie I answered his entire question honestly then quickly forgot the sadness I felt. We arrive at the Seoul Train Station.

“Son takes over here. We buy this car for you” Uncle said while giving the keys to JunHo. I wonder how rich they are to replace immediately his car. O_o

“Thanks Dad! Thanks Mom! So it means you’re going to ride the train??” JunHo asked in amusement. Is that unbelievable to them to ride a train?

“Yap! We wanted to experience riding it” Uncle said with wide smile on his face. I looked at Auntie and it amuses me to see her so excited like a kid who wanted to ride a roller coaster. We walk with them inside the station and bid goodbye.

“Bye baby! Take care always don’t hesitate to call me when you need something okay?” Auntie said worriedly to JunHo. She hugged JunHo tightly.

“Yes Mom! Take care too I will miss you mom and dad!” JunHo bid his goodbye to them. Uncle and Auntie hugged him again then they hug me too. I felt like I am a part of their family.

“Bye EunAe! I wish to have more time with you. If you had time visit us at Ilsan” I nodded and bowed to them respectfully.

“Bye Auntie! Bye Uncle!”- I shouted as they enter the train. We headed back to the car; still JunHo was holding my hand assisting me to walk. He opened the car door for me to let me go in.

“Gumawo” I bowed and enter the car, he then go to the driver’s seat and started the engine. I glance at him and notice that his mood became gloomy after his parents leave.

“I’m going to send you home. Could you give the direction?” He broke the silence.

“No need, just drop me by at the nearest bus station here” I answered politely.  I don’t want to bother him anymore because he looks tired.

“No, I need to make sure you’ll get home safe. Let me drive you home” he strongly objected. I wanted to refuse again but for sure he’ll just don’t grant my request. Then I just nodded and give him the directions.

“By the way..” he said as he handed me a brand new phone. “This is  for you” he added.

“phone?? Wea??” I asked him confusedly.

“My mom buys it for you, in replace of your damaged phone. Sorry, we tried our best to find the exact model of your phone but we didn’t find it.” he explained.

“It’s okay. Thanks but-“ I respond but he cut my words. I wanted to refuse for it because he replace my ordinary cheap phone with an expensive iphone4s.

cute-soft-silicon-kitty-case-for-iphone- 

Gosh!! this is so expensive I never imagine to have this kind of phone.

 

“My mom would be sad if you don’t accept it. No returns okay? ” he pleads and gives me the cutest eye smile. How could I refuse to that? ><,

“Okay, just tell your mom thank you so much to this phone” I smiled back at him. “And thank you for helping me always for this past 2 day’s jeongmal Kamsahamnida!!” I added. I was really grateful that I met him. He’s one in a million, a guy that make my heartbeat fast, the only guy that can make me smile the whole day. I wish to have more time with him but this might be the end.

“That’s nothing besides it’s my fault” he said showing his smiling eyes. I felt like everything went froze the moment I saw her eye smile. I must be crazy to feel this way to a person I recently known.

“Yah! Stop saying it’s your fault, that was an accident right? Unless, you plan it?” I said looking at him suspiciously. 

“Anio!!!” he defended himself.

“You’re so defensive. I am just joking” we both laugh, he’s eyes were no longer visible it’s the cutest thing I admire to him. He’s so cute^^,

“We’re here” we arrive in front of the condominium building. Argg… why did we arrive so fast? I won’t see him again :’(  This guy that put back the smile in my face will now leave, within almost 2 days I stayed with him I felt like  I know him a long long time ago. I don’t want to go away from him because he’s the only one that made me feel happy again, the happiness I lost when my parents died.

“Let me help you go to your unit” he offered kindly.

“No need, I can go alone. You better go home too, aren’t you tired?” I refuse.  Actually I want to accept it but I am afraid that if he stayed with me longer I might not be able to let him go. I really do appreciate all his kindness to me, huhu  I would definitely miss him.

“Alright!” he gave me a weak smile. “You should go up now. You need a lot of rest and don’t forget to take your medicines” he added sounding like a mother. He’s so caring like Auntie.

“Ne umma!!” I shouted like a kid answering her parents then we both laugh. “Once again thank you for all your kindness to me. Jeongmal Gomawoyo Junho-yah” I smile then bowed to him twice.

“Oh, that’s nothing” he said with a wide smile. “annyeonghi gaseyo EunAe! Take care always by the way if you need help just call me. I already save my number on your phone” he added and smile again. I will miss that smile, the smile that completes my day.

“Ne, annyeonghi gyeseyo!!” I said as I got out the car. I wave my hand and he wave back. ‘I will miss you Junho’ I silently whispered to myself as I got inside the building. I entered the elevator and press the 5th floor lifelessly, I feel empty again. All the smile and laugh were gone the dark shadow of my life invaded me again. This is how I live my life for 3 years after my parents died. I live meaningless I work, eat, and sleep routinely without anything in mind. I am like a girl lost in the middle of the dessert not knowing what to do but still walks without any destination. But when I met Uncle, Auntie, and specially Junho my life regain the energy and strength to live. They unveil the darkness surrounding me. They show me how to smile again but that didn't last long just like the others they needed to go. I’m back to this darkness, I never wanted to be here but everyone who came to my life will eventually go and leave me alone. Like my best friend that I trusted the most but one day I discover that she was backstabbing me and tell everyone all my secrets even creating false rumors about me. She left me and be friends with most popular girls in school. I had a lot of friends before but all of them left me because of the rumors my best friend created, they didn’t believe me. Instead they left me alone but I can accept all of that because I know my parents were there to support me. But a car accident took them away from me. My colorful life turns into a dark empty life. I live alone and trusted no one because they might leave me as well and I can’t endure that again. The elevator opened that put back my senses. I walk until I reach my condo unit; a notice was post on my door. Saying I should leave my unit this evening?? WHAT???!!

~~~~~~~