9 ★ Deeper in Love

The Star-Crossed Hearts
"What about this one, Riah?" Jieul shifts the book to me and points to a paragraph. "I still don't get it. I'm so lame in English subject!"
 
"That's why we study together, right?" I ruffle her hair then pat her head. "You need to remember the formulas for the sentences. It's not that difficult. Here I write down the formulas for you."
 
I take the pen and write down everything I remember for Jieul. Yoojoon takes a peek at the paper and I tell Jieul to learn it together with Yoojoon while I will try to find exercises for us.
 
The last exam week for us will start tomorrow. English will start our exam week and English is definitely not Jieul's strongest subject. She is smart but English is not her best subject.
 
She asked my help to teach her a day before the exam and, since I do worry about her, I agreed to study together with her and Yoojoon. I'm not the best in English class but I guess I can help them somehow.
 
When I realize that it's already eleven, I take a look at my phone secretly, hoping there is a tweet from him and, fortunately, he did mention me in his last tweet.
 
"Hyung, are you there already? Where will we study?"
 
I unconsciously smile because of his question. I'm glad that he actually agreed to study together. I asked him out of the blue when we're in the library, taking care of our final projects.
 
Ironically I knew that this will be the first and last time I study together with him. Somehow I also think about how I can meet him again if we have finished all of our duties in college.
 
Will I miss him? Will he miss me? Will we be something more than just friends?
 
"Yah, Riah, your smile is suspicious," Jieul snaps me back to reality. "Is it Myungsoo?"
 
"Yeah, I just told him to come here," I answer calmly but I know that it's obvious that I'm really happy at the moment because I can't stop smiling.
 
"And someone said that she would never fall for Kim Myungsoo," Jieul teases me, grinning widely. She laughs and then gives me a peace sign, "Peace, Riah, peace. I support you! Don't worry!"
 
Yes, I finally decided to tell Jieul about everything. Yoojoon found it by himself because he thought that something was different from me lately but I made them promised to me that it's a secret.
 
It's not that I don't want to tell Haemin but... I just don't think it's the right time yet.
 
I mean what if Haemin actually has a feeling for Myungsoo? I treasure friendship more than everything and so does Myungsoo.
 
I know it's silly but what if my friendship with Haemin changes just because both of us have feelings for one person?
 
Within less than fifteen minutes, the person who has filled my mind for the last few days since the day we went together arrives at Yoojoon's house. He joins us immediately to study.
 
"Yo, Hyung! How's everything going?" it's his greeting to me. He takes a seat next to Yoojoon and starts to take a quick look of everything in instance.
 
Pushing aside the butterflies in my stomach, I quickly ask him advice to start the study session. He has quick senses and he gets whatever I tell him in instance.
 
When I see him teaching Jieul and Yoojoon, I remember the first thing that I admired from him. I wonder why I just fell from him now, right when we almost walk separate ways soon.
 
I always have interest in smart guy and Myungsoo is indeed one smart guy. Not to mention that he has the charming smile that can captivate my heart in a blink. He also can play guitar and his knowledge is great.
 
If I realized my feeling earlier, is it possible for me to...
 
"Riah, do you want to eat something?" Jieul asks me the question after we finished the first exercise. "You said you wanted to eat pancake yesterday, didn't you?"
 
"Ah, sure, anything is good," I try to return my focus instead of thinking about Myungsoo.
 
It's strange, isn't it? I keep thinking about him when he is right in front of me.
 
"How about you, Myungsoo?" Yoojoon turns to him. He is not close with Myungsoo but we're still classmates anyway and I believe they can get along pretty well.
 
"Sure. I never ate there before but, well, it's not hurt to try, right?" Myungsoo closes the book and grins. "Let's go!"
 
"I need to buy a magazine first," Jieul glances at Yoojoon before look at me. "Let's meet up at the cafe then."
 
"Well...," I clear my throat nervously, realizing that it's only me and Myungsoo now. "Let's go..."
 
We walk side by side in silence, heading to the cafe nearby from Yoojoon's house. He finally opens up a conversation about the study session before we start to talk about his final project.
 
A question finally crosses my mind. Actually I've been thinking about the question for a while but I never had the courage to ask him.
 
"You know, I heard that, well, you actually had a feeling for Aeri," I tuck my hands inside my jacket's pockets. "It's funny how you act that you don't like her at all now."
 
Aeri is one of Myungsoo's groupmate for the final project. She is a really smart girl but she is hard to read. She is an introvert and she doesn't talk much.
 
He raises his eyebrow to me, "Who said that?"
 
"Someone, somewhere," I pretend to act that it's not an important topic even thought I become more curious now. "I heard about this last year I think."
 
Myungsoo laughs softly and sighs, "Well, past is past."
 
My heart feels a pang when I hear his short answer, "So... it's true?"
 
"Two years ago to be exact," he corrects me. "Well, you know, I just broke up with Yeorin and we were in the same class. We talked a lot but, well, like I said. Past is past."
 
Should I feel relieved?
 
We enter the cafe and find Sunggyu is inside with Eunri. Jieul is the one who asked them to come along because Eunri's house is near from Yoojoon's house. We join in their table and wait for Jieul.
 
"I want waffle...," I murmur, looking at the menu. "Vanilla ice cream with milk. Yummy!"
 
I write down my choice on the paper and start to ask the others. I land my gaze on Myungsoo, "What do you want to order?"
 
"No idea," he tilts his head, still observing the menu. "What's reccomended here?"
 
"Depends," I shrug. "Your favorites are different from mine, right?"
 
"Yeah, you hate cheese and I love cheese," he laughs and puts the menu on the table. "Just choose anything for me. I can't choose."
 
"Pancake or waffle?" I ask him, feeling that my heart is beating faster because he lets me choose for him. "I'll choose vanilla ice cream, okay?"
 
"Waffle and I like vanilla so it's okay," he grins to me but I continue to write because I'm afraid that I will blush if I look into his eyes.
 
In the end I order the exactly same food with mine.
 
"Oh, you order the same one with me?" he asks when our food has came. He gives me a boyish grin, "Well, let's eat then!"
 
It's just a simple lunch time and I come to this cafe frequently but this is the first time that I feel different.
 
Is it because Myungsoo sits next to me? Is it because he eats the same menu with me? Is it because there is something different between us now?
 
Is it because... I'm falling deeper in love with him?



__________



Author's Note:

I will change the status of this story into
hiatus.
This story is inspired by true events, meaning that I need to plan the story line properly to deliver the true events in the right adjustment.
This will take a while but I will try my best to update whenever it's possible.

I will concentrate with two titles only as for now.
If I have finished one, I can assure that this story will return to be my main focus.

Thank you for reading up till now!
Comments are welcomed~ :)