6 ★ Double Date... or Not? Pt. 2

The Star-Crossed Hearts
"Where are you?" I ask through the phone as I step out from the taxi where Sunggyu and Eunri follow me behind.
 
"I'm at the department store. Don't worry. I've bought the tickets already. Four tickets, right, Hyung?" Myungsoo answers, not forgetting to mention the silly nickname.
 
"Fine, we'll see you there then," I cut off the line after he agreed. I tell both my friends and we walk to find Myungsoo at the department store of the mall.
 
I can't believe I really let Jieul's tease to get into me. She's right; there are only four of us who will watch the movie. Two boys and two girls...
 
...but this is not a double date! I just go to watch a movie with friends and the numbers are just happened to be this way. It's pure a coincidence.
 
"Who said that she doesn't believe in coincidences?"
 
Jieul's words before I left Yoojoon's house echo in my head. She was trying to make me awkward by returning my own principal in life. Yes, I always said that I didn't believe in coincidences because I thought everything in life happened for a reason.
 
As for this one... I think I'm going to start believing in coincidences. Just for this one.
 
Sunggyu finished his remaining task quickly before we met up with Eunri who happened to live near Yoojoon's house. We quickly got into the taxi and headed to the mall.
 
I only called Myungsoo before we took the taxi and told him to buy four tickets as the total and now we're going to meet with him because the film will start in thirty minutes or so.
 
"Hyung!" he immediately calls me with a wide smile, making my heart secretly beats for him but I quickly let it slide away. "What do you think about this shirt?"
 
He is standing at the counter for men's formal clothes and he just shows me a gray-colored long sleeves shirt, "It's for my cousin's wedding present. Do you think it's good?"
 
I nod and touch the shirt to check the fabric, "I think it's good. Wait, you said you're going to Africa on New Year. Don't tell me your cousin's wedding day is going to be held there?"
 
"Yes, it is," he answers me calmly while Sunggyu and Eunri walks to the other side to check shirts for Sunggyu. "Haven't I told you before?"
 
"No!" I exclaim with shock all written on my face. "Seriously? You'll fly all way to Africa to attend the wedding day?!"
 
"No, I'm going to dig for gold there," he laughs and returns his eyes to wander around, trying to find anything good again. "I'm going to be the best man who digs for gold."
 
I pout, knowing that he is just pulling a crazy joke. I turn around to look for another shirt as well and mumble, "Don't you have to buy a shirt for yourself too?"
 
"I want to but I don't know which one to choose," he retorts and then looks at me with another big grin. "Choose one for me."
 
I swear my brain freezes for a second when he asks the simple favor. If I don't break our eyes contact, I think he will notice that I'm blushing because of him.
 
What is happening to me?
 
First, I felt completely alright with him calling me 'Hyung' everytime we meet before but now I feel slightly annoyed by that silly nickname.
 
Second, I used to be easy going whenever he asked me a favor but now I feel... happy? What is wrong with me?
 
"Ah, the movie is going to start," he checks his wristwatch and then looks around to find Sunggyu and Eunri. "I'll pay for the shirt first. A minute."
 
I try to find the couple and we wait for Myungsoo. We rush out from the department store and head to the cinema without wasting another second.
 
"I split the seats. Is it alright?" Myungsoo suddenly asks me when we are taking the escalator.
 
"Split the seats?" I frown, feeling unsure about what I just heard. "What do you mean?"
 
"Four seats but we're separated into two. Two seats for us, other two for someone else, and two seats for us again. Got it?" he explains calmly.
 
Hang on. Doesn't it mean we will really look like a couple?!
 
No! What am I thinking? This is not a double date!
 
"Why did you split the seats?" I ask him since I can't hold back my curiosity. "Is it crowded?"
 
"Not really. I guess I just have a hobby to split the seats," he gives me a childish but happy grin. "Come on. Time is up."
 
Myungsoo is not kidding. He really chose the separated seats for four of us. I convince myself that it's because Myungsoo wants to watch from the middle row but it's too crowded so it's impossible to buy four tickets in a row.
 
Yes. That must be it.
 
Two hours flies and the movie is finished. We decide to have dinner first before we return.
 
"Hyung, are you going home by yourself?" he asks me when we walk to the foodcourt.
 
I clear my throat, avoiding his eyes, "Can you drop me at the intersection? My father will pick me up there."
 
"Sure," he answers right away and, as usual, he changes the topic right away, discussing about the final project we're working on.
 
"Yah, Myungsoo!" a familiar voice calls us and I turn to find Dongwoon and the others are walking to our stand. "Are you going to eat as well?"
 
"Yes. How's the movie?" Myungsoo asks him, continuing his step to the foodcourt. We change our topic once again to the movie until we reach the foodcourt.
 
The dinner is filled with the discussion about our final project and the movie review. Myungsoo finally takes the decision to leave first because he needs to return earlier tonight, "I'm leaving first."
 
"Riah is going with you?" Sungjong gives me a glance when I also leave my seat.
 
"He'll drop me at the intersection," I answer quickly since I don't want him to jump into random conclusion. "See you guys."
 
I can't help but to hypnotize myself to believe that it's not a double date at all on my way back to home after he drove me to the intersection.
 
However I must admit that I'm happy that I could watch the movie as the last movie I watched this year.
 
I smile unconsciously when I remember the fact.
 
Myungsoo fulfilled my simple wish.
 
"Thank you."
 
I tweet the word on my Twitter account before I go to sleep. Hopefully I will have a sweet dream tonight.