3 ★ Hyung

The Star-Crossed Hearts
"And it's the end of the class," the lecturer ends his presentation and then tells us about our task for next week.
 
"There is a new movie this week," I grin to Jieul who is sitting right next to me, busy writing down what our lecturer is saying. "Let's watch it tonight!"
 
Jieul stops writing and pouts, "I wish I can but Yoojoon has a deadline for his task. You know, one of his lecturers is quite demanding so I need to help him."
 
"Pass," Haemin mumbles without stopping her pen from writing. "I have part-time job to do tonight. Sooeun needs to accompany me as well."
 
I puff my cheeks, pretending to be disappointed, "Ah... but I really want to watch the movie..."
 
My eyes sweep around the class and my grin widen when I find someone to invite for the sudden plan. Right after the lecturer walks out from the classroom, I quickly approach her and surprises her from behind, "Moon!"
 
"Eh?" she blinks in surprise and turns to me before laughing out loud. "You surprises me! What is it, Riah?"
 
"Let's watch a movie together! I never watched a movie with you, right?" I take a seat next to her. "A new cool movie just released today!"
 
Moon tilts her head and thinks deeply, "Well, I guess it's alright..."
 
"What movie?" Woohyun, one of the smartest classmates I ever have, chirps in cheerfully. "A new movie? Oh, Riah is being arrogant! Why don't you ask me to tag along?"
 
"I planned to," I stick my tongue and laugh. "Come on and ask the other to join."
 
"I'm in!" a familiar voice retorts without even waiting for a question. Myungsoo stands up from his seat and throws me a wide grin, "I'm definitely in for cool movies!"
 
"Then we're ready to go," I clasp my hands together and tells Jieul and the others that I will leave first.
 
"Myungsoo is going with you?" Haemin asks me with curiosity all written on her face. "Looks like you two are getting along lately."
 
"Because both of us have a good taste in movies," I reply calmly, having a feeling that she is trying to tease me. "Don't be jealous, Haemin. You know that I will not fall for him."
 
"I'll mark your words," Haemin raises her eyebrow and smiles slyly. "I'll laugh really hard when you fail your own statement."
 
"Dream on," I force a laughter to mock her before turning around to join Moon and the others outside, bidding goodbye to Haemin and the others.
 
"Total eight persons," Woohyun tells me as we walk down the stairs. "They went to the mall first to buy the tickets for us so now..."
 
"I want to buy something to drink first," I cut his words quickly. "Come on, Moon. Let's buy something to drink first."
 
I pull Moon along with me to the nearest shop to buy a bottle of drink before meeting up with Myungsoo and Woohyun who are ready with their motorcycles already in front of the shop.
 
"Here," Myungsoo gives me a helmet with his usual full of confidents mile. "Let's go."
 
I take it and then sit right behind him while Moon is with Woohyun. Both of the motorcycles ride off to the mall through the traffic jam carefully.
 
"My feet is so much better now," he suddenly opens up a conversation again. "But I still can't play football yet. The doctor said I need to take a break for six months."
 
"Now that a test for you," I mumble, trying to continue our conversation again. "I really need to think about how to go home tonight."
 
Since Myungsoo doesn't say anything, my bad trait appears again to play a random joke, "Care to send me back home, Myungsoo?"
 
"You wish," he laughs and takes the last turn to the mall where we will watch movie tonight. "Your house is totally at the different direction from mine."
 
"Ah, don't be too stingy," I hold back my laughter. "Do you have the heart to let me go home alone?"
 
He doesn't give me an answer other than laughter so I stop teasing him further. Once he has parked his motorcycle, we rush to the cinema and grab the tickets from our friends who have arrived first.
 
I take a seat next to Moon since we're the only girls among the eight persons. I feel quite happy that I can watch a movie together with Moon because, like I said before, I never watched a movie with her before.
 
I guess I spent most of my college days with selected people only. I really need to open up better or I will regret everything after I graduate, right?
 
"That's a really good one!" I exclaim as we walk out from the cinema. "Well, thank you for accompanying me today, Moon!"
 
"You're very welcome, Riah!" Moon links her arm with me. "Now, about going back home... It's almost ten already..."
 
"Ah, Moon's house is near from mine," Sungjong, one of our friends, states calmly. "I'll take you home."
 
"How about you, Riah?" Moon tilts her head, waiting for my answer. "Who will take you home? It's late already..."
 
"She's right," Myungsoo blinks for numerous times. "How will you go back?"
 
"I just contacted my father," I show them my phone. "He will pick me up. It's alright. Don't worry."
 
"Eh? I'll take you home," Myungsoo quickly talks. "Don't make your father goes here and there this late."
 
"But your house is...," I frown, unsure about whether he is only joking or not. "It's alright. Come on. Let's go home, everyone!"
 
"Contact your father," he convinces me once again. "I'm serious. I'll take you home. Don't worry about the distance. Come on."
 
I pout my lips and then send a text message to my father that my friend will take me home tonight. I follow Myungsoo to the parking lot and hop on his motorcycle once again.
 
"Yah, Woohyun, you lead," Myungsoo wears his helmet. "Your house is at the same direction with Riah, isn't it?"
 
"Sure," Woohyun retorts with a big grin. "Sorry, I need to pick up my mother so I can't take you home, Riah. I'll lead. Don't worry!"
 
"I'm sorry," I finally apologize, feeling uncomfortable that Myungsoo takes my joke seriously. I know his house is at the opposite direction from mine and it definitely wastes his time to send me home.
 
"That's what friends are for, right?" he tells me calmly. "Woohyun will definitely do the same if he can."
 
Strange enough I feel a pang slightly in my heart. For a moment I guess I just forgot that he is the easy-going Kim Myungsoo.
 
"Yah! Where did he go?!" Myungsoo suddenly blurts out with wide eyes. "Yah! Nam Woohyun! Slow down! Nam Woohyun!"
 
Before I can realize what is happening, Woohyun fastens his speed and disappears within seconds from our sight. Myungsoo tries to catch up with him but he is nowhere to be found.
 
"Yeah, Nam Woohyun. 'I'll lead'. 'Don't worry'," Myungsoo groans, repeating Woohyun's words. "Which part of 'you lead' that he doesn't understand?"
 
Both of us laugh together as I finally tell the directions to Myungsoo. Even though we actually don't need Woohyun's help, it feels ridiculous that he told us with confident to help us when he disappeared in a flash.
 
We keep talking about Woohyun, saying that we will definitely punish him when we meet him at class tomorrow. Before I realize it, we finally arrive in front of our house.
 
"Thank you," I hand back the helmet to him. "Sorry for taking your time. Be careful on your way back home."
 
"Take it easy, Hyung!" he grins mischievously.
 
"Hyung?" I repeat the word, feeling weird with the nickname since 'Hyung' is a term used for 'older brother'. "Yah! I'm a girl! What-"
 
"Riah Hyung!" he ignores my complaint and starts the engine. "See you tomorrow!"
 
"What is-" I just want to nag him but he has disappeared from my sight with his motorcycle. I finally step in my house and then go straight to my room.
 
"Kim Myungsoo...," I murmur his name as I get ready to clean myself. "What's with the 'Hyung'?"
 
However I can't hold my urge to smile when I remember our way back to my house. It felt really fun.
 
"He's not bad...," I unconsciously compliment him. I quickly cover my mouth when I realize what I just said. "What did I just say?"
 
Su Riah, you're not going to give Haemin a chance to tease me.
 
Definitely never.