16 ★ Still in Love

The Star-Crossed Hearts
"So...," Jieul looks at me with a smirk, "...are you going with them?"
 
I blink for multiple times before I return my gaze to my phone, pretending to be busy with my Twitter and give her a short answer, "No."
 
"Why? Why why?!" Sungyeol asks me with fake disappointed tone. "Oh, come on! It's been a while since the last time we went out together!"
 
Today I visit Yoojoon's place again to meet up with him, Jieul, Haemin, Sungyeol, and Woohyun. In fact they just gave me a birthday suprise which is not really surprising.
 
I just celebrated my birthday a week ago and I have promised them I would come today. Unfortunately I came at the wrong time when they were preparing the birthday cake.
 
We laughed so hard due to the awkward atmosphere but, to be honest, I feel really happy. They are busy with their own lives now but they still manage to gather and give me surprise.
 
I'm really lucky to have friends like them.
 
"What is your destination there? If you just want to walk around, I'll pass this time," I give my reason, still fixing my gaze on phone screen. "I better have more sleeping time than going out with pointless direction."
 
"Let me ask Myungsoo then!" Sungyeol gives an idea, making my heart to skip a beat because of his name. "Maybe he will agree to watch a movie!"
 
I try really hard not to blush, knowing that Sungyeol and Woohyun know nothing about my feeling towards Myungsoo up until this moment. In fact I think I'm good enough in hiding this feeling.
 
It's difficult, I must admit. With random gossip from nowhere aroused, I act as if it's nothing even though my heart could burst whenever people tried to link me with him. I should feel grateful that he doesn't really care about the gossips, unlike what my negative thought think.
 
A part of me is happy but another part of me keeps telling me that it's just a wishful thinking.
 
"Here, here," Sungyeol gives me his phone and tells me to send a text message to Myungsoo. "I told him that you're not going. Ask him if he is going to watch movie or not tonight."
 
Despite the fact that I don't want to ask him since I'm trying to avoid too much contact with him, I know it will be suspicious if I refuse Sungyeol's request.
 
"Are you going to watch a movie tonight?"
 
I send the message and wait for his reply. My heart actually beats faster by every second passes. Isn't it silly? It's nothing but a simple text message yet I'm expecting his reply.
 
"No. You're not going, right? I'll watch if we go together!"
 
That's his reply.
 
This guy is seriously slow and insensitive or he is actually a really cruel guy who is trying to tease me with every chance he has.
 
Heat creeps to my cheeks as I reply him that I will not go since they are not going to watch a movie. I can't tell him that I want to watch because I want to meet him, can I?
 
Does he realize that his playful reply just made my heart beat like crazy? Does he know that he is not an ordinary friend for me or is he just acting like a fool?
 
"Are you sure you don't want to go with us?" Sungyeol asks me again when we have left Yoojoon's house; our direction is the same. "It won't take long, you know."
 
I don't answer him right away. My mind wanders somewhere else, remembering the text message I received from Myungsoo on my birthday.
 
My birthday this year is not really special like last year. My friends gave me a surprise after a class last year while I was at office the whole day for this year.
 
However Myungsoo actually brightened up my day when he sent me a birthday greeting when I arrived at my office that day.
 
"Hyung, saengil chukkahamnida! Wish you have a happy life, good health and wealth, great career and the best for everything. :)"
 
I still keep the message in my inbox up till this moment. Maybe I treasure it so much that I don't want to delete it.
 
"Maybe...," I murmur vividly. "Maybe it's good if I'll have dinner with you guys..."
 
Sungyeol grins happily when he hears my answer. He tells me that the others have arrived and they are waiting for our arrival at a restaurant.
 
"Yo, Hyung!" Myungsoo greets me with his boyish grin. He has a haircut but his smile never changes; a smile that always makes my heart flutter. "I thought you won't come!"
 
"Just for dinner," I fake a cough to hide my blushing cheeks. How could he make me blush just by a smile?
 
"Ah, how will you return tonight?" he asks me, tilting his head. "I bring my car. Why don't you return with me?"
 
I swear I can fly to the sky if I can. I hold the urge to smile like a lunatic girl. I reply him simply, "Can I?"
 
"Sure," he grins, propping his chin on palm. "After I drop Sungyeol and Sungjong though, okay?"
 
A little disappointment grows inside of me but I think I can bear with it. At least I can be with him just a little bit longer.
 
Isn't it naive?
 
The night passes by quickly. Nine of us have dinner and then we go to random stores to buy what we want. Myungsoo even buys a bass for himself because he wants to practice it.
 
He looks so happy when he has bought it. He really loves music, doesn't he?
 
"Okay, we're arrived," Myungsoo stops his car in front of my house. "Take care, Hyung!"
 
"Take care, Hyung!" Sungjong, who sits behind the driver's seat teases me. "See you again next time!"
 
Myungsoo dropped Sungyeol first then he turned to drop me because it's late already. Sungjong's house is close with his so he is the last to be dropped by Myungsoo.
 
"Thank you," I open the door and step out from the car. "See you guys again next time."
 
Myungsoo flashes me a smile and finally drives away, leaving me to stand alone in front of my house for a while.
 
"Su Riah, you should stop yourself...," I clutch my shirt. "He doesn't see you the way you see him..."
 
I don't know if I should be grateful that I could meet him today or not. When I was with him, happiness grew within me but when we're not, I became anxious.
 
Knowing that I'm still in love with him actually makes my heart aches.
 
Is it impossible for me to be special for him?