FINAL: Two Stars

The Star-Crossed Hearts
Below is the final chapter for this story.
The ending may seem not for you but this is how I decided to end this complicated story.
 
Inspired by true events,
hereby I present you the real ending of Su Riah and Kim Myungsoo's relationship.
 
Have a good reading time. ;)
 
 
 
★ ★ ★
 
 
 
"Riah!" Yuri rushes to me and hugs me. Her boyfriend smiles to me as Yuri greets me cheerfully. "It's been a while! When did you arrive?"
 
"Just now," I mumble, pointing to the others. "Let's help them with the food now. It's almost midnight anyway. We need to fill our stomach before one year passes, right?"
 
Today is New Year's Eve and I am gathering with my classmates at Dongwoo's house. We are going to have barberque party. Not too special but it's enough for us.
 
Besides what matters the most is we can gather, exchange stories about work and else, and since we are on top of Dongwoo's house, we can have a perfect view of the fireworks on night sky.
 
"Ah, right, Riah, Myungsoo...," Yuri lowers down her voice as if she is afraid others might hear her. "Will he come tonight?"
 
I smile bitterly and answer, "Nope. I think."
 
Days have passed since I gave Myungsoo the special birthday present but nothing changed between us. I don't know if it's a good thing or not but, at least, we still talk to each other.
 
Just now he asked me about the previous movie I just watched with Haemin, Jieul, and Yoojoon. We exchanged reviews about the movie and he askeed whether if I came to Dongwoo's place or not.
 
When I asked him back, he told me that he's not coming because it's raining. Well, it's true. Rain has been falling since eight and, although it's not really heavy now, it's still raining outside.
 
Myungsoo also told me that he was tired because he had been helping his cousin with a new house. I do know that he's getting tired lately, probably because of the bad weather as well.
 
It will be a lie if I say that I have moved on from him. The feeling still lingers somehow but I try to remind myself that by giving the present, I also give away my feeling, once and for all.
 
It is impossible for me to move on within just the count of days when I have fallen in love with him for more than one year.
 
We never stop loving someone. We just change the way we love them. If we can stop loving them, that means we never loved them in the first place.
 
And that's what I'm trying to do. To change the way of loving him so I can love someone else. Someone who probably will love me the way I love him.
 
One day.
 
I glance at clock on phone screen. It's five minutes before midnight. Yuri and the others are busy planning for another trip together. Dongwoo is preparing the fireworks for us to play.
 
"You're really not coming here, eh?"
 
I hit the send button with Kim Myungsoo as the receiver. I keep telling myself that a new year will give me a brand new love so this is nothing but a friendly message.
 
"No. Send my warm regards for all. kkk~"
 
"Sure. So you're going to spend your new year's eve with... guitar?"
 
"Nope. My pillow."
 
For two minutes I only read his messages before I type a reply for him.
 
"By the way..."
 
I stop again. Do I really want to make him the first person to receive "happy new year" from me? Doesn't it make him special again for me? Should I-
 
"Happy new year, Hyung."
 
Myungsoo greets me first.
 
I feel embarassed with myself all of a sudden. If I really think of him as my best friend, I shouldn't hesitate to wish him a happy new year.
 
"Happy new year, Myungsoo. Wish you have a great year ahead. ^^"
 
Just right after I sent the greeting, a loud noise echoes; a beautiful and amazing colorful firework is just unleashed to the night sky, decorating the midnight sky of new year.
 
"Happy new year!" Dongwoo shouts out loud. He turns to everyone and we exchange handshakes, wishing each of us to have a happy new year. "Let's eat!"
 
My gaze locks on the sky. The view of night stars aren't as clear as previous nights, possibly because the rain just stopped. However I can see a few of them, shining so small compared to the fireworks.
 
I smile at the thought that maybe it is true, that somewhere in this galaxy, two stars will never cross paths with each other, that it never stays on the same circle.
 
But, eventually, each star will find another star as their companion.
 
Just like Myungsoo and I.
 
My unrequited love might hurt me to the deepest but my love for Myungsoo also taught me one life lesson.
 
To love sincerely.
 
 
★ ★ ★
 
 
"This is exactly what I'd like to say to you.
 
How I wish you can know that I love you with everything I have.
 
I hope you realize that everyone who knows you is really lucky.
 
I hope you know that when you're feeling down, I will pray for nothing but your happiness.
 
I hope you remember, no matter what will happen, I'll be there for you and I don't mind to stay a little bit longer than others in your life.
 
I hope you realize that I appreciate and adore you for being yourself.
 
And that all of these will never change."
- Su Riah
 
a note that will never be read by everyone else but me