26 ★ Unpredictable

The Star-Crossed Hearts
It's just another day during the weekend where I can spend my free time with Jieul. Yoojoon has work to do since he works for a big game company which holds an event for two days.
 
Both Jieul and I will visit Yoojoon and take a walk for a while since she will go out of the town again in two days. Unfortunately Haemin and Sooeun can't go with us today.
 
The sun has set when I receive a new message from Sungyeol, asking me whether if I want to go to the nearby mall tonight. He tells me that he will bring the chocolate he has bought from his last trip to China last week.
 
"Jieul, do you want to go out for a little bit again?" I tug her sleeve and grin. "You know, I will be the only girl again if you don't come. Sungyeol will give us chocolate!"
 
She glances at her phone and gives me a genuine smile, "Sure. Let me talk with Yoojoon first and we'll meet up with him soon. How about the rest? Myungsoo?"
 
My heart skips a beat just because of his name. Another reason is because I know that he will be at the very same mall where Sungyeol asked me to go. Unfortunately Myungsoo is there with his old friends.
 
Jieul laughs, teasing me heartily. She quickly excuses herself before I pinch her cheeks like what I always do if she teases me about Myungsoo.
 
The moment we arrive at the mall, we quickly gather with Sungyeol and Woohyun. They tell us that Dongwoo will join us later since he is on his way.
 
"Let's eat something!" Sungyeol gives an idea, looking around to find a restaurant. "I'm starving already."
 
We take a table for six and have our orders within fifteen minutes. When Woohyun has finished with his choice, his phone rings and his conversation with that someone actually gives me a hunch of who is the caller.
 
"Who is it?" I ask casually, closing the menu book. "Myungsoo?"
 
"Yeah," Woohyun ends the call and raises his eyebrow, "your boyfriend."
 
Even though it's not the first time someone teases me like that, my heart still can't take the joke lightly. I flinch a little but pretend that it's nothing by giving a dry laughter, "Haha. So funny, Woohyun."
 
"He's with his friends," Woohyun mutters and I hold the urge to respond that I already knew about it. "He said that he will stop by here for a while."
 
Myungsoo's 'a while' is just a short waiting for me. Around five minutes after Dongwoo arrived, Myungsoo enters the restaurant, looking amazingly handsome and attractive.
 
He wears a blue shirt on top of the white T-shirt. His glasses complete the perfection of his wide smile, greeting us cheerfully as he stands behind Sungyeol, right across from me.
 
"He wears a shirt!" Jieul nudges me with her elbow; she knows that a guy in shirt always attracts me, especially if it's someone who I like.
 
Well, every girl has their owns favorite style, right?
 
"Yo, Hyung!" he gives me a boyish grin, the one that never fails to make my heart flutter. "Another mall to visit? You're so cool!"
 
I stick out my tongue and reach out my hand to ask for the childish, playful request, "Where is your new phone, Kim Myungsoo?"
 
As usual he takes out his phone and hands it to me without any complaint. He resumes his conversation with Woohyun and Sungyeol while I make myself busy with his new phone.
 
Once in a while I will glance at him secretly, just to make sure that he is looking so good today. He always looks good in my eyes anyway.
 
"I'll come back later after I finish with the food," Myungsoo tells his friends and then lands his gaze on me. "Hyung, are you finished with my phone?"
 
"Nope," I act as if I'm hiding his phone. "I still want to play it."
 
He just laughs and doesn't mind my childish joke. As if it's not surprising enough, after five minutes or so, he glances at his wristwatch, telling us that he needs to return to his old friends, walking out from the restaurant...
 
...with his phone still in my hand.
 
"Yah, did Myungsoo forget his phone?" Woohyun drops his jaw. "Seriously, that guy is so careless!"
 
"Nevermind," I chuckle, holding his phone carefully. "He will return when he realizes that he left it here."
 
Woohyun and Sungyeol exchange looks before Woohyun teases me again, "Of course your boyfriend will come back, right, Riah?"
 
Does he has any idea how I really want that joke to become reality?
 
Ignoring the tease, I welcome the waiter who comes with our orders. We enjoy the dinner, exchanging stories about our workplace and everything. Time flies and it's almost nine when we have finished everything.
 
"Oh, Myungsoo," Jieul calls out a name when I'm half way done with my drink. I look up to see my crush giving me a wide smile, asking his phone back because he needs to call his friend.
 
"Yah, Kim Myungsoo," I return his phone with uncontrolable heartbeat. "You do know that your phone is here, right?"
 
"Of course," he takes his phone and starts to look for his friend's contact. "You said that you want to look more, didn't you?"
 
Is it normal? Is it something ordinary? Is it something special?
 
I don't get the way Myungsoo thinks. I just can't. Maybe he is just too easy going. Maybe I'm just thinking too much...
 
...or maybe it's a good sign.
 
No. It's impossible. I mean how come it's possible, right? He has said that he is not into someone at the moment, right?
 
"I need to go now," he bids us goodbye, waving to us as he steps backwards. "I'll see you later!"
 
There my heart betrays my brain again.
 
As much as I know I will be hurt for loving him more, I just can't stop loving him.
 
 
★ ★ ★
 
 
Around an hour before midnight, I notice that Myungsoo just tweeted a short but questionable tweet.
 
"That cute girl.."
 
Both jealousy and curiosity take my mind in instance. I type the reply but hesitation stops me for minutes before I finally hit the 'tweet' button.
 
"Aha! kekeke~ Cough. Cough. kekeke~"
 
To be honest I don't expect a reply from him. If he replies it, he will pull a random, silly joke again like usual.
 
or at least I think so.
 
"@_suRIAH_ It's you, the cute girl. kekeke"
 
What did he just tweet? What did I just read? Why do I feel hot all of a sudden? Is it a dream? It's not real, right?
 
My cheeks burn and I feel like I'm going to scream as if my favorite artist just replied to my tweet. It's just Kim Myungsoo and I'm feeling like in heaven already.
 
What is wrong with me?!
 
"Calm down, Su Riah," I take a breath, controlling myself over the excitement. "It's just a joke. It's just his childish, flirtatious joke..."
 
Of course it's a joke! But still...
 
Kim Myungsoo is really cruel if he knows I have a crush on him and he treats me like this.
 
He never said any flirtatious stuff towards me before. Well, he often played flirty with Haemin and the others but... me? Never.
 
"Woohoo. Myungsoo is going to attack Riah from the right side! kekeke"
 
Sungjong suddenly mentions both of us, pretending as if he is watching a football match. It's a good thing that I stay still because Myungsoo responds to his tweet and Woohyun later joins with them.
 
I decide to let the conversation to flow, knowing that this will lead to a ridiculous, funny conversation.
 
Fifteen minutes before midnight, I return to read mentions flooding my timeline. My jaw drops in disbelief when I read all of the mentions, including the last one from Kwanghee, one of our classmates.
 
Even in my dream I never dream of this unpredictable situation.
 
"So the gossip is true! Congratulations and have a long last relationship, Myungsoo, Riah!"
 
What happened?!


__________


Author's Note:


Feel free to drop your idea about what actually happened on Twitter until a tweet like that appeared.
Even the most impossible idea is welcomed. :D

Oh, and the answer on the next chapter is not my imagination or creation,
since it's all inspired on true events. ;)