SPECIAL ★ The Star-Crossed Hearts

The Star-Crossed Hearts
This story has ended on 6 January 2013.
 
Then why did I suddenly post this chapter?
Because there are some comments asking me to write down what really happens with 'Su Riah' and 'Kim Myungsoo' in real life.
 
I had been thinking about it and, when I found out about a big sudden change of event, I thought that it's the perfect chapter to close down the curtain of this based-on-true-events-story.
 
This very final chapter might disappoint you or actually meet up your expectations.
 
I give it all to my readers to decide for the rest.
 
I'm dedicating this to 'Su Riah', for pouring out her heart in words.
 
Enjoy the special chapter. :)
 
 
★ ★ ★
 
 
 
New Year's Day. Valentine's Day. White Day. Day by day passed by as if nothing special ever happened in life... or at least I pretend so.
 
Three months have gone by since I decided that my heart and Kim Myungsoo's are not destined to be one on New Year's Eve. That night I forced myself to forget about my feeling towards him and remind myself that I just need to stay as friend for him.
 
However, your brain might think as logical as possible, but your heart can't be fooled with words and everything.
 
At the very last day of January, I did the most crazy thing I ever could do to him. I had no idea what's gotten into me that I just typed out the words in mind and sent it to him during our random conversation.
 
Since it's been a month from the last time we met eac other, I called him out through a chatting network and exchanged news about work including the rumor about a new girl in his workplace.
 
I heard it from Sumi since her boyfriend worked at the same place with Myungsoo. There's this girl who is very smart and all. She just broke up with her ex-boyfriend and their officemates kept trying to put them together.
 
Myungsoo just laughed it off, saying those jokes are nothing to mind. We came to the topic about having a romantic relationship and I told him that the girl who would be his partner must have enough patience to face him.
 
"Ah, I pity the girls who fall for you."
 
That's the starter.
 
"I'm actually pitying myself, kkk."
 
Myungsoo never replied that message. Our conversation ended just like that and I had no urge to continue it as well.
 
A tear rolled down on my cheek that night but, at the same time, it felt like someone just lifted an invinsible weight from my chest, making me feel like it's easier to breathe again.
 
I thought it's over. I thought I had shrugged away what called 'love' towards Kim Myungsoo and I could go on with happy and cheerful heart that doesn't mind about love...
 
...but I'm just burying it deep inside of my heart.
 
When I see him again accidentally at a mall where I'm going to throw a surprise party for Haemin, the pandora box I locked for two months rise up again to the surface.
 
"Myungsoo?" I call out his name, partly hoping that it's not him but it appears to be him when he walks to us, telling us that he's going to meet up with a friend so he parts with us immediately.
 
Three months since the last time I saw him and, strange enough, I feel that there's something different from him. Something that I don't really want to know.
 
Once again I bury the pandora box of feelings but, unfortunately, I never really try to throw away the key.
 
I finally find out what made him so different. He rarely tweets or plays any social network lately. He doesn't really go out often with Dongwoo and the others like usual.
 
Two days before Easter Day, I stayed at Jieul's place because we're going to Church tomorrow. We're having random girls' talk and she suddenly brings out Myungsoo as the main topic.
 
"Do you still... You know... Love him?" Jieul asks me, unsure whether it's alright to ask the question or not.
 
I just look at her and then give a small smile, answering with all honesty, "It will be a lie if I say I don't love him anymore."
 
"But-" Jieul stops and sighs. "I really don't get it. What's so good about him that makes you fall head over heels for him? I mean... I know he's smart, good-looking, and all but... That gossip about the new girl..."
 
I laugh nervously and look at the ceiling, not really looking at anything there, "It might sound cheesy but... I don't find any reason to stop loving him yet."
 
"Is it...," I glance at my best friend. "Is it wrong if I still love him?"
 
Jieul shakes her head slowly, "No. He is so lucky to have someone like you to love him sincerely."
 
There is a big secret behind those comforting words.
 
Both Jieul and Haemin finally decide to tell me about it the next day, right before I go to the Church: the truth that I should have known earlier.
 
"Myungsoo is already in a relationship."
 
Haemin stops to wait for my reaction but I just blink for multiple times and mouth, "Oh... Really?"
 
"Yes... A friend of mine is his girlfriend's college friend so... The one Myungsoo involved with random gossip before... She told me that her friend just officially became a couple with a guy from the same office. Myungsoo's office," Haemin gives me a guilty look. "Her boyfriend's name is Kim Myungsoo and I..."
 
"Ah...," my lips turn into a smile despite the fact that my heart is twisting inside. "Is that why Jieul kept worrying about my feeling since yesterday? Ah, you two! You think too much!"
 
Jieul frowns and whispers, "Riah... It's alright to be sad... It must be heartsick. A lot."
 
I chuckle and shrug, "It is but, well, shouldn't I be happy for him?"
 
I should. As a friend and as someone who loves him.
 
Haemin and Jieul tell me that they actually think it's normal if I just cry and blame Myungsoo for being too nice to me, for lying that he had nothing to the girl but now they're a couple, and for ignoring my feelings.
 
"Why should I cry?" I repeat once again when Jieul and I are on our way to the nearby restaurant after the Church. "He's happy and I'm all good. You're not supposed to be mad at him, Jieul."
 
"Still!" Jieul pouts, thanks to Myungsoo because he is apparently at the restaurant with his new girlfriend along with Yoojoon and the others. "Ah, let's not meet them! Let's eat somewhere else!"
 
"Yah, Jieul, it's supposed to be me who said that!" I try to joke, forcing her to follow me to the restaurant. "Come on. They're waiting for us."
 
Everything is easier said than done.
 
When we have finally entered the restaurant and greet the others, my eyes fall on Myungsoo who wears blue shirt. On his right side, there's a beautiful girl who smiles at him.
 
"Oh," Myungsoo turns to me and smiles, "Hyung!"
 
Thankfully my acting skill has increased quite bit ever since I must pretend I felt nothing for him last year. I just smile and then leave with Jieul after telling them that we're going to eat somewhere else even before Myungsoo could say another word.
 
"He didn't even introduce us to her. Was he waiting for us to congratulate him first?" Jieul complaints when we're taking the escalator. "Seriously. I'm mad at him for no reason. Why-"
 
Jieul decides to stop ranting when she notices that I have hung my head low as tears roll down one by one from my eyes.
 
I have no idea how long I have held them inside but I can't bear it anymore. Not after I saw his genuine and bright smile.
 
"See? We shouldn't go inside. It must really broke your heart...," Jieul hands me a handkerchief to wipe my tears. "Mianhae, Riah... I shouldn-"
 
"It's not that," I dry up my tears, smiling at her. "I didn't cry because I'm hurt. I'm just..."
 
"I never saw him smile like that before. So bright and handsome as if he was surrounded by all goodness and blessings in the world. A smile that tells me that he is alright and even better than before."
 
He finally found the courage to love again since Yeorin cheated on him. He finally learned how to treasure a girl more than just an ordinary friend. He finally has someone who will cherish him.
 
We are really two star-crossed hearts but I'm glad his heart has finally crossed the destined star.
 
My lips curve into a sincere smile as I tell my best friend about the reason why I cried.
 
I'm glad.
 
"He is happy and that's all I need to know."
 
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
The very final end of the story.
'Kim Myungsoo' has found his love and 'Su Riah' is learning to move on.
However, one thing she wants to share, that sometimes love is unexplainable that she just loves 'Kim Myungsoo' with her heart despite the fact that their happiness are different.
 
Instead of hating him, 'Su Riah' learned that unconditional love does exist and she is grateful that he is happy now.
 
That's all and hope you don't disappoint with the sudden turn of event; I didn't plan it as well. ;)
 
Drop your comments below or mention me through Twitter @AFFkyuri91 if you have anything in mind.
 
Thank you for reading! :)