4 ★ Backfire

The Star-Crossed Hearts
It's another Monday and I know it's a perfect time to watch another movie again this week. Two weeks ago I watched a movie and last week I also watched one.
 
Looks like Monday will be a good day for me to pull someone to enjoy my hobbies. I just need to find people to accompany me.
 
"And there is a new movie this week as well!" I exclaim with excitement to Jieul and Yoojoon before our last class today begins. "Let's watch this one!"
 
Jieul's eyes widen and she exchanges look with Yoojoon who gives me a grin, "We watched it already. Sorry. I thought you've watched it before..."
 
I raise my eyebrow and throw a glance on Haemin who quickly shakes her head, "New part time job. Pass."
 
"You love movies so much, don't you, Riah?" Sooeul heaves a sigh. "I still have tasks to do. Have you finished yours?"
 
"The one with the deadline this week?" I tilt my head, trying to remember which task she is talking about. "Yes, I've finished it yesterday. Ah, so I'm alone again today?"
 
I prop my chin on my palm and try to find someone who can go with me tonight. My eyes find Myungsoo, laughing along with his friends.
 
My heart skips a beat when I see his cheerful smile but I quickly shove away the feeling. What am I thinking actually? Right, I need to ask him if he wants to watch the movie or not.
 
"Yah, Kim Myungsoo," I call him without moving from my seat, stopping his random conversation. "Have you watched the new movie?"
 
"You want to watch it today?" he asks me back. "I was planning to watch it with the others as well. Dongwoo wants to watch the movie too. How about it?"
 
"Sure!" I exclaim with excitement. "Ah, but I need to help Jieul first. I'll catch up with you guys right away, okay?"
 
"Deal. I'll call you once we have bought the tickets then," Myungsoo gives me an okay sign before continuing his conversation with his friend.
 
"Oh, another movie with Myungsoo," Haemin taps her fingers on the table on purpose. "Someone is happy that he can watch a movie together."
 
"I'm happy because I want to watch the movie," I fold my arms, a sign that I'm trying to defend myself from her tease. "Whatever you're thinking, Haemin, it will never happen."
 
"Yeah, sure," she mumbles with no special interest before returning to play with her phone. "I'll wait till the day you come to me and tell me your true feeling."
 
"Ha!" I fake a laughter and turn to Jieul who is discussing about another movie she wants to watch with Yoojoon so I join them until we agree that we will go to the mall together.
 
"You know, I think Haemin has a point," Jieul starts a conversation when we're already in the taxi, heading to the mall.
 
I just ended the phone call with Myungsoo after he told me that he has bought the tickets. He told me to call him after I arrive.
 
"What?" I ask her suspiciously. I have a feeling where this conversation is going somehow. "Don't tell me you're on Haemin's side, Jieul."
 
"Experiences taught me that something you believed as impossible could be really possible if you denied it too much," Jieul states calmly. "Just saying, Riah."
 
I decide to ignore her. Partly because I'm not the type who likes to confront the teasing moments but partly it's because I'm afraid that her words become true.
 
Once we arrive, I give a call to Myungsoo and I meet up with him and the others. We quickly discuss about where to eat because they are really hungry already.
 
"Well, enjoy the movie," Yoojoon says and takes Jieul's hand. "We're going to eat at somewhere else."
 
"Ah, I split the seats," Sungyeol, my friend that I knew since elementary school suddenly tells me when we're choosing the food to order at the restaurant. "It's too crowded."
 
"Seriously?" I take the statement lightly because I know Sungyeol likes to play a random joke. "I need a food without vegetables."
 
"Yah, why are you being so picky?" Myungsoo suddenly chirps in. "Vegetables are my favorites, you know."
 
"Yes, I know," I stick out my tongue and return my gaze to the menu. "Tell Dongwoo the same thing then. He hates cheese, just like me."
 
"Picky," Myungsoo chuckles and decides the food he will order for the dinner. Each of us quickly orders as well because the movie is only one hour away.
 
"It's four and three," Sungyeol hands four tickets to me after we finished our food. "I'll sit at the right side. Four of you at the left side, okay?"
 
"Sure," I take them as we walk to the elevator. That's when I realize that Myungsoo has been really quiet after the dinner. "Yah, you're alright?"
 
"Hmm?" he looks up and then grins widely. "Just not feeling good. Probably because of the cold weather. It's raining when we're on our way here."
 
I was going to ask him whether he's alright or not but Sungyeol tells us to fasten our pace because the movie is going to start soon.
 
Without any thought, I walk to the left side and take a seat right next to Myungsoo. For my surprise the other two seats are actually right behind of ours.
 
I come to the realization that I sit side by side with Myungsoo without anyone else next to us.
 
Wait, why am I being nervous all of sudden?
 
"I think I have fever," he mumbles as the lights go off as the sign that the movie will start. "What do you think?"
 
Ignoring about my random thought, I raise my hand to touch his forehead. His forehead is actually warm; he really has fever, "Ah, it's warm..."
 
"It is, right?" he turns to face me and I flinch a little because our faces are only inches away.
 
I quickly pull my hand back and return my gaze to the screen, clearing my throat awkwardly. However looks like he doesn't feel awkward at all because he strikes off a new conversation right away, "This movie will be great!"
 
I just nod randomly. My mind is currently wandering somewhere else at the moment.
 
No way. My tease for Haemin becomes a backfire for me?
 
I take a glance at Myungsoo secretly during the movie. He is really deep in the movie that he doesn't notice that I'm looking at him. Why do I feel that I'm captivated by him all of a sudden?
 
No. It's impossible.
 
Maybe I have fever too. Maybe that's why I'm not thinking properly right now.
 
Because there is no way I will fall in love with Myungsoo... right?