8 ★ Fall Hard

The Star-Crossed Hearts
"Bored. Where to go?"
 
It's Myungsoo's last tweet and it's around thirty minutes ago. I scroll my timeline and find that none of my friends replied to him.
 
"Let's go somewhere then! keke~"
 
I hesitate to click the tweet button but, after seconds of hesitation, I tweet it and I must admit that I'm waiting for his reply even though I'm pretty sure it will be a playful one.
 
Today is Saturday and I am accompanying Jieul, Haemin, and Sooeun to collect their final project. I will collect mine on Tuesday because I haven't finished mine.
 
Thanks to my groupmates who are too busy with his own tasks. I don't want to blame him so I try to think that I can stay calm for now and help my friends with their final project.
 
We are waiting for their turn to collect it because there are a lot of students who have the same objections. We have been waiting for two hours now and it's almost 5 PM.
 
Three of them have been complaining a lot and I can't agree more because I'm bored to death already. That's why I decided to check my Twitter.
 
"Where? Where? Where? kekeke~"
 
He really replied to my tweet. I feel that my heart can jump out if it's possible. I realize that I am smiling like a lunatic person because Haemin suddenly scolds me, "Yah, Riah, why are you smiling?"
 
"Hmm? No, it's nothing," I clear my throat awkwardly and act cool again. I return my gaze to my phone and open the text message application instead of Twitter.
 
"Are you at home now? Don't you have to work on your final project?"
 
There. I send the text message to Myungsoo. I know it's actually pointless because there is no way he will go out without any reason. We only go out together if we want to watch a movie with others.
 
After text message by text message, he agrees to meet up at a mall on 6 PM. I put all my effort to hide my happiness when I read his last text message.
 
"See you there, Hyung!"
 
It's just two of us, right? He is not kidding, right?
 
"Err, guys...," I interrupt their conversation and grin, "I need to return now. Is it alright?"
 
Lucky enough they don't ask me why I need to return earlier. I bid them goodbye and head to the mall without wasting another second, feeling impatient to meet Myungsoo.
 
Our meeting frequency has been decreased rapidly because we, the last semester students, have finished all of our classes. All we have to do is waiting for our exam schedules and the final project exam.
 
That's why, even though I don't say it to anyone, I actually miss him.
 
It's strange, I know, I used to spend my days without his presence for six semesters and now I miss him?
 
Yeah, something is wrong with me but...
 
...why do I feel alright with it?
 
In fact I feel more than better lately when I chat with him.
 
When I arrive at the mall, I suddenly feel doubt engulfs me. I told Myungsoo that I wanted to go to a mall because I wanted to look for a book when, in fact, I don't need one.
 
However there are two reasons why I agree to meet him. First is because I think he is desperately in need of ears to hear him complaining about his final project. He once said that he was confused with his groupmates.
 
Second reason is, well, I guess I just want to meet him.
 
"Ice cream~ I haven't eaten one!"
 
I click the tweet button as I heave another sigh. I decide to call him because I have been waiting for Myungsoo at the ground floor for a while. Where is he?
 
"Oh, Hyung, I'm at the bookstore. You said you want to look for something, right?" he answers my call calmly. "I'll wait you here, okay?"
 
I head to the bookstore and find him looking at a book about management skill, "Hey. You said you have something to do at 7 right? Let's discuss about your project now then."
 
He grins awkwardly and mumbles, "Actually... it's not a big thing. It's just, well, there is a football match that I want to watch."
 
I rais my eyebrow and fold my arms, "So? Are we going to discuss about your final project now or what? Any destination?"
 
"Hmm," he hums as we walk out from the bookstore. "Didn't you tweet that you want to eat ice cream? Let's find a place to sit and eat ice cream then!"
 
My heart skips a beat when I look at his charming smile. Not to mention that he did pay attention about what I tweeted.
 
Is it actually a good sign?
 
We decide to sit at a coffee shop and he starts to explain about his final project. He pours out the complaints that he has buried deep inside to me. I guess I can say that he is really frustrated with his project.
 
My brain is going to explode because of his complicated explanation but I try my best to focus on what he is talking about. I keep trying to get himself as a neutral party instead of feeling burdened with his group.
 
An hour passed quickly even before I realize it. When both of us have finished our beverages, I check my phone to find that it's already passed 7, "Yah, you said you want to watch the match, right?"
 
"It's alright," he turns off his notebook and grins. "Besides it's better to wait for the score because I don't want to feel the disappointment if my favorite team lose, do I?"
 
"Hyung, how will you go back?" he asks me when I stand up. We walk out from the coffee shop, heading to nowhere.
 
"I guess I will wait my father to pick me up or maybe taxi. I don't know," I shrug and check my phone again, ready to call my father. "Go ahead if you're in rush."
 
"Why don't I drive you back?" he suggests me a surprising option. "I bring my car today. Come on. I'll drive you home."
 
He gives me a sign to follow him and since it's not like I have a better option, I follow him behind. However I know deep inside my heart that it's only an excuse.
 
I just want to be with Myungsoo just for a little bit longer.
 
I went out with some of my friends, the boys ones, alone before, so I know I can't really count this one as a date. There is no good 
 
Because... I guess I have fallen for him.
 
"Ah! I took a wrong turn!" he exclaims all of a sudden. I was listening to the radio, looking through the window in silence.
 
"Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell you the direction," I quickly apologize, feeling really guilty. He should have returned earlier but, because of me, he takes more time now.
 
"Take it easy, Hyung. We can talk more, right?" he gives me a boyish grin and spins the driving wheel. "I'm an easy going person so don't worry about it."
 
"It's exactly because you're too easy going...," I murmur to myself. Luckily he doesn't hear what I just said.
 
It's because he is too easy going that I start to worry about my heart. I don't have a plan to fall in love during my last semester.
 
Especially not with Kim Myungsoo.
 
Looks like my heart just can't agree with me.
 
Because I fall really hard in love with Myungsoo.