27 ★ Don't

The Star-Crossed Hearts
"Stupid, crazy, silly, childish Hwang Kwanghee," I curse under my breath as I type the reply on Twitter upon his last tweet. "Now I know why you still don't have a girlfriend."
 
"What? Ah, the new couple of Riah and Myungsoo will have a honeymoon later? Congratulations!"
 
I re-read his last tweet which also mentioned Haemin since I just congratulated her for her older sister's wedding party. I just don't understand why Kwanghee should care about our tweet, just like what he did yesterday.
 
Our friends just threw random jokes around but I actually dislike it. Well, if I don't have any crush towards Myungsoo, I will care nothing about it but since I am really into him, I just can't like it.
 
Why?
 
It's not because I can't act or pretend that nothing happened in front of him. I'm really good at that now since I have been holding this one-sided love for almost nine months.
 
Actually I'm afraid that everything will be awkward between us. What if he draws distance, just like what happened six months ago?
 
Because I always feel that whenever I could get close with someone, the next moment I must be prepared to lose our closeness due to something that I never expected. It's like I can't have pure happiness without any problem.
 
My phone vibrates as a new message just arrived. It's from Jieul.
 
"Don't worry too much! Everything will be alright!"
 
"Hope so," I heave a sigh and scroll up to take a look at the screenshots I sent to her last night; Jieul is the first person I told about the Twitter 'incident'.
 
"Woohoo. Myungsoo is going to attack Riah from the right side! kekeke"
 
"Starting with a bait! kkk~"
 
I don't know why Myungsoo actually responded. Not to mention that Woohyun also joined the chaos, saying that I gave a counter attack in the middle of the match.
 
"Riah passed three players and she is going to shoot and..."
 
"Yah! Just get together already! Why so complicated?!"
 
There. Sooyoung, our classmate, threw the bomb. I kept silence while Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Sungjong still responded, pretending as if Sooyoung is an extra player.
 
"Can Sooyoung change the flow? Can she help the attack?"
 
"And, yes, goal! kkk~"
 
"With the goal, Myungsoo's relationship finally changed from 'single' into 'in a relationship'!"
 
I will definitely kill Woohyun the next time I meet him. What kind of crazy idea is that?!
 
"Woohoo! Amazing!"
 
"Woohoo! Woohoo!"
 
"And the whistle is blown! Good night! By the way, congratulations Myungsoo and Riah!"
 
"Yah, don't start random gossip at night. kekeke~"
 
As if it's not enough, Woohyun even retweeted Sooyoung's tweet and congratulated us once again. After Kwanghee tweeted, I finally published a tweet as my reply.
 
"I just left for an hour and all of you are being crazy, eh?"
 
No one replied afterwards but, like what I read just now, Kwanghee is still enjoying the moment to tease me with Myungsoo.
 
"Aish," I prop my chin on palm, staring blankly at my laptop screen. "I hope everything is alright..."
 
As much as I hope that those jokes became reality, now I just wish that Myungsoo will not draw distance with me.
 
Do I ask too much?
 
 
★ ★ ★
 
 
"Let's grab some pizza."
 
Myungsoo just tweeted the offer, mentioning my username along with the others' as well. Looks like he is craving for pizza all of a sudden.
 
Did he just ask me or am I actually dreaming right now?
 
Doesn't he feel... awkward? At all?
 
My lips turn into a curve as I reply his tweet. Butterflies are dancing inside of me. Happiness is engulfing my heart and I don't think I can be happier today.
 
"Thanks God...," I murmur to myself. At least he doesn't ignore me out of nothing. We're doing just fine... even just as good friends.
 
"It's raining," Sumi looks out of the window. We have finished our work and I will go to the nearby pizza cafe to meet up with Myungsoo and the others. "Are you sure you still want to go there?"
 
I nod and give her a big grin, "It will stop somehow. Let's go."
 
Sungyeol is the first person who arrived there, even before I arrived. I sit across from him and then Woohyun arrives as the second, taking a seat next to Sungyeol, and Myungsoo is the last to arrive
 
He is wearing a gray shirt and, as usual, since he just returned from work, he doesn't take off his glasses. He is just simply perfect for me, isn't he?
 
"Yo, Hyung!" he greets me and puts down his bag on the chair right next to me. "Let's order something. I'm really hungry. Cheese, right, Hyung?"
 
"If you want me to throw it on you, go and order it," I point out the sarcasm in every word. He just laughs it off, heading to order the pizza with Sungyeol and Woohyun while I wait for them.
 
The night goes on and I can't help but to smile non stop since Myungsoo doesn't look like the jokes last night bothered him. In fact he even goes along with Woohyun's tease.
 
"Oh, yeah, Riah scored one last night!" Myungsoo retorts with a slice of pizza in his hand. Woohyun laughs and quickly gives me an awkward grin when I glare at him.
 
"Dongwoo is on his way here," Sungyeol tells us, having his eyes stuck on his phone. "I'll tell him that we'll wait for him here."
 
I prop my chin on my left palm, feeling so full and sleepy after the delicious dinner, "Sure. Ask him if he wants to eat here or else."
 
Within just seconds, I am fully awakened by Myungsoo's sudden gesture. He grabs my left wrist and I immediately turn to him with wide eyes but he looks really calm.
 
"What time is it?" he glances at my wristwatch. "Eight, eh?"
 
Ah, he just wants to ask about the time... It's nothing but why is my heart beating like crazy?!
 
God, please tell me if it's alright for me to love him even more than now.
 
Can my heart take it if one day my expectation falls out of everything?
 
Is there any possibility that he has feelings for me even just for the slightest?
 
I don't know the answers now but one thing for sure, God, please don't make me stop loving him.

Even though I know that love is just like rain, that it will stop one day, I just want to believe that there will be a rainbow in the end of my love journey.
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Did the conversation confuse you?
Please do tell me it's confusing.
It really happened in real life but I made it shorter here. kekeke~

This is Riah.
This is Myungsoo.
This is Woohyun.
This is Sungjong.
This is Sooyoung.
Just a side note to help the conversation part. :D
 
Thank you for reading! ;)