2 ★ Tease

The Star-Crossed Hearts
It's just another ordinary day for me. It's Monday and I have classes to attend in the afternoon. This semester is the last one for me so I think I really need to spend it properly.
 
Though I say that, I end up playing with my phone when the class almost ends. I am surfing through random sites just to get myself busy. At least until I read a news.
 
"Ah! The new movie is out!" I squeal with excitement, gaining attention from my friends who sit around me. "Let's watch it today!"
 
"Today?" Haemin raises her eyebrow to me. She throws a look at the others who shrug their shoulders to me. "Five of us?"
 
"Well, who else?" I laugh and then show Jieul my phone so they can know what movie is I'm talking about. "Come on. It's the sequel and it's one of my must-watched-movies list!"
 
After going through quick discussion about where we should watch the movie, just right at the moment, our lecturer announces that it's the end of the class for today.
 
"Let's go!" Sooeun stands up from her seat, grabbing her backpack. "I need to go to restroom first. Come on, Haemin."
 
Both of them rush out from the classroom, leaving me with Jieul and Yoojoon, her boyfriend. I stand up and my eyes land on Myungsoo who is putting back his book in his bag.
 
"Ah, Myungsoo," I call his name and he looks up at me. "Care to join us for a movie tonight?"
 
His face beams and he stands up carefully, making sure that he will not hurt his left foot, "Sure! Who's in?"
 
Kim Myungsoo, my classmate since two years ago but we never went out together even just for once. He is a close friend with Haemin since they were in the same team a year ago for a college project.
 
He skipped classes for the past two weeks because he fractured his bone during a football game weeks ago. Even up till now he is currently healing from the bone fracture, meaning that he still can't run or work hard tasks when it needs his foot's strength.
 
Since I want to treasure my college moments as much as possible, I think it's a good idea to ask him to join. Not to mention that Haemin will be happy if he joins.
 
"Ah! Myungsoo! You're going with us?!" Haemin gasps in surprise but a wide smile appears on her face when Myungsoo walks out from the building with us. "Seriously?!"
 
"Yeah, can't I?" Myungsoo ruffles her hair and grins mischievously. "What is it, Minnie? Don't be so happy just because I join?"
 
"Yah! Why are you being so cocky?!" Haemin laughs but it's obvious for me that she is actually really happy to have a new companion. "Come on! Let's stop a taxi!"
 
"Ah, I will ride my motorcycle," Myungsoo tells us and then waves to us. "I'll see you guys in a moment."
 
Haemin waves to him before she turns to me, "Did you ask him to come along, Riah?"
 
"Yes," I fold my arms proudly. "I'm a really good friend of you, right?"
 
"Yes, you are!" Haemin links her arm with me as we walk out together with the others. I just laugh and while we wait for a taxi.
 
Haemin admires Myungsoo. A lot. Thanks to his good-looking trait and easy-going personality. He is one of the smartest guys in our class and he definitely knows how to flatter a girl.
 
Since I'm a person who loves to tease my friends, I can't help but to tease Haemin whenever we talk about Myungsoo. She convinced me that she doesn't like him but her reaction tells otherwise.
 
"I think you need to stop teasing me, Riah. I will be the first person to laugh if you happen to fall in love with Myungsoo!" Haemin hisses, pretending to be mad at me when I know she is joking.
 
"Like that will ever happen!" I laugh and stick out my tongue. "There is no way I will fall in love with him!"
 
Before she can retort my words, a motorcycle stops right in front of us instead of a taxi. Myungsoo hands over a helmet and asks, "Why don't one of you join me? I'll buy the tickets first."
 
I take a step backward, trying to hide myself from him so he will pick Haemin out of the choices. I know he is not going to pick Jieul because Yoojoon is with her. He is not close with Sooeun either.
 
"Ah, I don't bring my jacket...," Haemin mumbles with disappointment. "It's pretty cold lately..."
 
Myungsoo lands his eyes on me and he grins wider, "Riah, come on!"

I should have known it.
 
Jieul gives me a sign to hop on his motorcycle while Haemin puffs her cheeks. I pat her shoulder twice and whisper an apology before I take the helmet and sit behind Myungsoo, "I'll wait for you guys at the cinema then."
 
Myungsoo bids them goodbye and starts the engine, driving his motorcycle to the mall where we're going to watch the movie together.
 
"Aren't you scared?" he suddenly asks me out of the blue. "I'm not fully healed yet, you know."
 
"I know," I answer shortly, tilting my head aside so I can hear him better. "I think you're not going to risk your life either with or without me."
 
He chuckles softly, "Yeah, you're right. How I wish I can play football again soon. I still can't run. It's pretty much frustrating."
 
I raise my eyebrow with curiosity. Why does he even bother to tell me about it? I guess he must really need a friend to talk after two weeks in house alone.
 
"I'm curious. How did you fracture your bone again?" I strike a topic and he answers it with details. He tells me about the day when the accident happened until how he tried to heal his bone.
 
Our conversation is finally stopped when the others join us. Myungsoo quickly changes the topic and talks with the others cheerfully.
 
"The movie is going to start in five minutes," Yoojoon tells us, giving us a sign to follow him. "Come on."
 
Without even bothering to look at the seat numbers, I take a seat right next to Jieul while Myungsoo sits right next to me. My eyes widen in surprise when Yoojoon tells Haemin and Sooeun to sit next to him because the seat next to Myungsoo is taken by someone else.
 
Haemin heave a sigh secretly and I try to look for help from Jieul. I guess she wants to sit next to Myungsoo but it will be really weird if I stand up now and give her a seat.
 
Yet I want to tease Haemin with Myungsoo.
 
"Ah, I want to sit at the edge," I exclaim while Jieul moves her seat so there is an empty seat for Haemin. "Move, Myungsoo, move."
 
With confusion, he moves and takes my previous seat, making him to sit between me and Haemin. I giggle when I look at Haemin's excited expression.
 
I guess I've taken a good step to tease them together even more now.