10 ★ One Night Pt. 1

The Star-Crossed Hearts
"Congratulations~" I hum along, waiting for my turn to shake hands with Yoojoon. I grin widely and shake his hand, "Congratulations! Finally you've gone through all!"
 
"Thank you," he replies with a smile. "Thank you for your support, Riah. Yeah, finally!"
 
Yoojoon just passed his last exam with his final project. Even though his group doesn't reach the best score, but they managed to pass it and that's all matter.
 
Now he only needs to wait for our graduation day while both Jieul and my groups are still waiting for our 'judgement' day... or so we say.
 
After having lunch with Jieul and Yoojoon, I finally decide to go home because it's already 5 PM.
 
However an unexpected thing stops me from going straight to home today.
 
"Where are you, Hyung? Let's watch a movie."
 
A text message from Myungsoo makes my eyes widen in surprise while I'm on the bus, heading back to my house.
 
Am I dreaming right now or is he actually asking me to watch a movie?
 
Shoving away the random thought, knowing that we are movie lovers and he will definitely ask our friends to join, I reply his text message as calm as possible.
 
"Today? Where? Ah, I want to watch the new comedy movie! They say it's good!"
 
"Foolish...," I murmur but can't help to smile while I wait for his reply. It's not a big thing but why can't I deny that I'm actually happy because of him?
 
After a few text messages, we decide to meet at the mall right away. I change all my plan from enjoying my bedroom earlier to watch a movie even though I have a medical check up to do tomorrow morning.
 
After the short conversation I had with Myungsoo weeks ago, I finally submitted an application letter to the company and he sent it as well.
 
However he didn't get the call while I got one. I went to the first interview test and, lucky enough, I got the next call for the second interview test.
 
The medical check up is the last test and if I pass it, the company will hire me; meaning I will have a job pretty soon.
 
Putting aside the fact that I harbor a feeling for Myungsoo, I actually think that he has helped me a lot including this possible future of mine.
 
As a matter of fact, if we didn't have the conversation back then, I don't think I would be busy looking for job right now.
 
Perhaps he doesn't know how much he means to me. Perhaps he'll never know.
 
"Second floor. Movie on 7?"
 
I hit the send button and rest my arms on the railing, letting my eyes to wander just in case Myungsoo is somewhere nearby.
 
"Yo, Hyung!"
 
I turn to see Myungsoo in his white shirt and black pants. He walks to me with his usual wide smile and he wears his glasses today.
 
He has told me that he attended a exhibition today with some of our classmates today while I accompanied Jieul for Yoojoon's last exam.
 
I blink with confusion. Not because of his clothes. Not because of his glasses.
 
Why is he alone?
 
"Let's go and buy the tickets now," he points to the above floor, a sign that we're going upstairs. "How is Yoojoon's exam?"
 
He starts the conversation casually, as if it's not a big deal that there are only two of us, going up to watch a movie.
 
Wait. Why are there only two of us?
 
I answer his questions one by one but I can't spit out my question. I really want to ask if he is really alone or the others will join us later.
 
I finally have the answer when we buy the tickets.
 
Myungsoo takes out his credit card and tells the cashier, "Four tickets please."
 
Four?
 
"Jinki and his girlfriend haven't arrived, eh?" he murmurs to himself while his eyes are fixed on the seats selection. "Can I separate the seats to two different rows?"
 
I look at him with disbelief. He chooses two seats in the middle row, the only seats left there. He picks the other two seats in another row.
 
Why does he separate the seats once again?
 
I mean if Jinki is with his girlfriend then they will sit side by side, right? Doesn't that mean I will sit next to Myungsoo?
 
I am in dazed with the fact that the available seats are actually at least more than thirty available seats and he needs to separate the seats into two and two.
 
This is not the first time I watch a movie with a guy alone but my heart actually beats really fast just by looking at Myungsoo now.
 
Does he still have an excuse of separating the seats now? If he does, what is it?
 
"Let's go inside first," he speaks up, snapping me back to my senses. "Looks like Jinki will be late. He is having dinner right now."
 
"You've told him that the movie is on seven, right?" I ask, following his steps. "Don't tell me he doesn't know yet."
 
"He knows, he knows," he answers as he gives the tickets to the staff. "These two tickets are for my friends. His name is Jinki. He will come late."
 
We step inside and he leads me to the middle row. The movie has started and he completely focuses himself to the movie once we have taken our seats.
 
Meanwhile my focus is a mess right now; thanks to him.
 
I don't even bother to think where Jinki is right now or why he is so late. I don't even care that I have missed the earlier minutes of the movie.
 
I bet he doesn't know how many surprises he already gave to me in one night.
 
I'm sure he has no idea at all how many questions are running inside my mind right now.
 
Why did he separate the seats?
 
Why didn't he ask the others to come along?
 
Why did he suddenly ask me to watch this romantic-comedy movie?
 
Is this actually a date?
 
I secretly glance at Myungsoo as he is laughing hard because of the movie.
 
All I have in my mind is Myungsoo.
 
"I'm really going crazy...," I mutter under my breath, hoping that he can't hear me.
 
Tonight can't be more surprising, can it?



__________



Author's Note:

A short update~ :)
Will update another one tomorrow! ^^