Colored Doughnuts

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Colored Doughnuts

Sehun and Kyungsoo still took care of the guests. Kai had returned to the café with Taemin and their other friends, but the two boys knew that he needed a timeout. Onew and Jungah had entered the front too. She took care of the preparations and Onew watched her from the counter. She smiled at him every time their gazes met. They were simply too much in love with each other. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen and Xiumin took place at a table to the big window, while Kai and Taemin had taken seat some tables further away from them. Sehun brought their drinks first, then he walked to his friends. He was surprised to see Tao with them. They greeted each other with a silent single nod.

“Isn’t Lay coming?” Xiumin asked and checked their group chat.

Chen shrugged. Chanyeol sipped his iced coffee and sulked sadly. They missed Yixing a lot and really wanted him to be with them. Baekhyun glanced at the table of their waiter-friend. He wanted to hear what they were talking about badly. The playful student poked his arm and made him focus on their table. Sehun placed a plate with doughnuts in the center and nodded.

“Alright, let’s see…” Chanyeol said and grabbed two pastries to place them next side by side, “The cosmic latte doughnut and the aqua pearl one actually like each other, but there’s a huge problem.”

Baekhyun knit his brows and grabbed a yellow colored one, lemon taste, and put it on top of the aqua pearl doughnut.

“The lemon topped or bottomed the aqua pearl one.” he stated in disappointment and shook his head.

“But we don’t have any evidence besides the photos of the two on Lu’s IG. I mean, Luhan.” Sehun added with a blank expression, “And senior Taemin was asleep on every single one of them. You guys shouldn’t jump to conclusions.”

Tao seemed partially sad as he looked at the blank-faced student. Sehun briefly exchanged glances with him, then he turned his head away. They knew each other from their earlier years, back when Sehun and Luhan were a thing.

“Shh! We don’t say names when we are talking about this! It’s aqua pearl doughnut for senior Taemin, cosmic latte doughnut for Kai, and lemon doughnut for Luhan.” Chen said with a determined expression.

Xiumin nodded to his words, all supportive as always. Sehun rolled his eyes, then walked away as he needed to take orders from new guests that entered the café. Kyungsoo pouted as he wanted to sit with the others but well, he had offered help and had to stick to it for the time being.

“Alright, what do we know about the lemon doughnut?” Chanyeol asked and sipped his iced coffee again.

Baekhyun tilted his head, crossed his arms, and leaned back on his chair. Everyone looked at him since he seemed extremely concentrated.

“I think that the lemon doughnut already checked the situation of our faculty by hacking into the university’s chat. He typed the line ‘Tomorrow, I’ll make you confess’ to mess with the cosmic latte and aqua pearl doughnut.” the skilled pianist told them of his assumptions regarding this topic, “He probably gathered information about the other two doughnuts thanks to all the students that made a fuss about everything involving them and also the chocolate doughnut and the strawberry one. That’s why he knew so much about these doughnuts already.”

Baekhyun placed the chocolate doughnut, which was Chanyeol, and the strawberry one, that was himself next to the others. Xiumin knit his brows and clenched his lips. Tao shook his head in disappointment. He then put his elbows on the table, rested his chin in his palms and pouted cutely.

“Tao… You know him the best.” Chanyeol suddenly said and nodded at the martial artist, making him sit back up, “What’s he like?”

The new member of the group scratched his head and sulked.

“I’ll tell you… if you buy me food after all of this.” he suggested with his hands folded in front of his face and a cute smile.

Chanyeol lifted a single brow, took a deep breath, and accepted the deal with a nod. Xiumin chuckled. He had known Tao since their middle school days and kept the contact to him. They were close friends. That was the reason why Xiumin knew about Chanyeol, Kris and Tao’s situation. The athlete had liked Kris back in middle school, they stayed friends in high-school too, but Kris had left Korea for good right before university. Thus, Chanyeol had known about the relationship of Tao and Kris, thanks to Xiumin. Baekhyun’s boyfriend was irritated to see the martial artist back at the faculty, but he held no grudges against him. Tao had been in the university like the others in the freshman year, but he had attended an exchange program in China, like Yixing. He had met Kris abroad and been together with him for two straight years, but eventually they broke up and now the exchange program had ended as well. Luhan, Tao and Sehun were good friends in their high-school years. But whatever happened between Sehun and Luhan, had destroyed the friendship. Tao was the only one who knew their story, but he kept it all to himself as it was none of his business to talk about it in front of the others. He still respected Sehun a lot and wished for them to reconcile one day.

“Okay, Luhan is a mastermind.” Tao informed the boys and grabbed the sweet yellow pastry with a shrill chuckle, “Sorry, I meant the lemon doughnut is a mastermind.”

Chen nodded to his correction and Xiumin laughed hilariously over the way they still kept talking about this topic with the desserts, which they should technically eat. Baekhyun paid all his attention to the new guy. Chanyeol slightly became jealous of it and poked the leg of the skilled pianist, making him look at the athlete. Beneath the table Chanyeol spread his fingers, indicating that he wanted to hold his hand. Baekhyun smiled with a blushed face, looked around and then interlocked his fingers under the table with the playful boy’s, hidden from everyone’s sight. Chanyeol clenched his lips to hold back a satisfied smile. Of course, Chen and Xiumin noticed. They instantly giggled.

“As far as I know, the lemon doughnut came here for dancing lessons.” Tao informed the boys, “But… he had told me once, that there was someone in this faculty that he liked a lot, a senior that he had looked up to back when he was in high-school.”

“Did senior Taemin, I mean the aqua pearl doughnut attend your high school?” Baekhyun asked all curios and tilted his head.

Tao nodded with a cute pout and told the boys that back then the senior was known as a pretty faced shameless player. He told the boys that he was the reason why Luhan ultimately chose dancing in the end.

“I think…” Tao added after a while and glanced at Sehun, who was serving the drooling female teenagers, “I think the blueberry doughnut should tell you about his past with the lemon one…”

He grabbed a teal-colored doughnut and placed it next to the yellow one. All the boys looked at the newly added pastry with a puzzled expression, but then they quickly realized that it could only represent Sehun, because there was this one picture of them on Luhan’s IG where they were kissing. Baekhyun leaned back and took a glance at his roommate. Chanyeol frowned as he knew that Sehun would not talk about it, unless Kyungsoo asked him. Chen crossed his arms on the table and rested his chin on them with a sulky expression. Xiumin shook his head. There was no way they would ask Sehun about this. It was not their place to do so. Tao looked from one to another and smiled cutely.

“I’ll talk to him…” he said and placed a multicolored doughnut next to the teal-colored one.

He got up and right when he turned around, the bell of the café rang loudly as the door was opened. Suho entered Kamong together with Yixing. Finally, he had persuaded the Chinese student to come along and meet with the others. Yixing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter