Real Love

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Real Love

Luhan stayed at Suho and Yixing’s room. He smiled happily as he scrolled through the group chat and memorized everyone’s number by heart. Yixing watched him from across the table. They had eaten together and still sat there with the empty dishes in front of them. Luhan was invested greatly into the group chat.

“Are you that happy to be a part of it again?” Yixing asked after a while.

Luhan briefly looked up from his display and nodded with a cute smile, which made the other Chinese boy blush. Yixing immediately lowered his face.

“Oh…by the way, why is everyone calling you ‘Lay’?” Luhan asked him out of the blue.

He had lifted both his brows and blinked at the nervous student across.

“Uhm- Uhm- It’s just a nickname…” Yixing answered in a stutter.

Luhan pouted in disappointment.

“I thought it’s a wordplay... because you are always tired or something like that…” the cute devil in disguise said and shrugged.

He referred to the Chinese word ‘Lei’ that sounded like his nickname. Yixing chuckled as he understood what Luhan had meant. The cute dancer looked up from his phone again to the unexpected chuckle from Yixing and briefly grinned too.

“You actually look good when you smile.” he suddenly added and glanced back to his phone to scroll through his IG feed, “I’ll call you XingXing then.”

Yixing blushed and Luhan snapped a photo of him without a warning. He laughed at the expression in the taken picture and shared it on his IG. This was the first frame he put up after months. He had deleted all his other posts a while ago. He typed a short caption to the photo and linked Yixing’s account too. The Chinese student instantly got a notification and checked his phone.

“Thanks for sharing your meal and room with me tonight, XingXing. ♡”

The caption made Yixing blush harder than before. He gulped and put away his phone. Luhan put his elbow on the table and placed his cheek on his right palm. He glanced at the student across him and smiled.

“XingXing, I know that you like me.” he suddenly admitted and smirked, “But I’ll be real with you, I’m still into Taemin. So, I won’t fall for you anytime soon.”

The blush on Yixing’s face vanished in an instant. He frowned at Luhan and leaned forth on the table.

“Are you going to get between them again?” he questioned his motives with a serious expression.

Luhan clenched the corner of his lips and put aside his phone. He leaned forth too and grinned.

“Nope.” he said earnestly, “I’m telling you, that I need time to get over that senior. So, until then… I won’t see anything more than just a friend in you.”

Yixing leaned back and nodded with a single brow lifted. He swallowed dry as it was awkward because Luhan knew about his feelings for him. The cute devil in disguise got up and walked around the table, brushing his fingers over the surface of it. He stood still right beside Yixing, who had turned around to face him, and Luhan looked down on him. Suddenly he touched Yixing’s chin and lifted his head. He bent slightly and smiled.

“If you ever manage to get my attention in a ual way, or in a loveable one…” Luhan added and glanced at Yixing’s thicker bottom lip, “I’ll show you what kind of a boyfriend I can be.”

Yixing’s face and ears turned entirely red. His eyes doubled in size and his heart raced like crazy. It pounded in his chest extremely strong that he feared the other boy would notice. Luhan smirked, let go of his chin and pulled back.

꧁༺ ༻꧂


Kyungsoo had walked off sadly. He wanted to return home. Tonight, he hated the idea to sleep at the dorm, where his ex-boyfriend was just a floor above. His mind was busy trying to block everything that saddened him. Kyungsoo crossed the bridge above the highway and walked rapidly. The neon lights from the billboards of the high buildings and the sound of the racing vehicles enveloped the dark night. The city was always too bright, the stars could not be seen here at all. Kyungsoo had no intention to watch the sky anyway, his mood had dropped a lot. His steps quickened as he became furious and angry about what had happened. While he walked on the bridge, it did not take Sehun long to run up the stairs and catch up on him.

“Soo, wait!” he called for his ex-boyfriend and grabbed his hand to make him stop.

Kyungsoo stood still but did not turn around. His anger vanished in the very moment, he heard Sehun’s voice. Sadness and pain remained in his mind. He fixed his wet eyes to the ground. He bit his lips as he tried hard to fight back his tears.

“Soo… I- I’m sorry.” Sehun apologized, “I- I was stupid… for asking Luhan to stay at my place… I- I’m really sorry…”

Kyungsoo gulped and flared his nostrils as his tears oozed out of the corners of his big eyes. He was no longer able to hold them back. He trembled, and as he tried to swallow his sobs, his chest heaved.

“Soo… please look at me…” Sehun pleaded and brushed his thumb over the back of Kyungsoo’s trembling hand, “Please… I- I want to look at your face and apologize in all honesty… I did you horribly wrong… I- I never wanted to hurt you… I- I was scared… I could not do anything back then… I thought that I was weak, not able to protect you…”

Kyungsoo still tried to hide his sobs. His tears ran down his cheeks and dropped to his feet on the cold concrete ground. Sehun suddenly pulled his hand and made him turn. Kyungsoo bumped into his chest, as the taller student wrapped his arms around him and hugged him. Sehun tightened the embrace wordlessly, as the tears of his ex-boyfriend soaked his shirt. The heart-broken student finally sniffed and let his tears flow. He no longer swallowed his sobs nor tried to hide them. Kyungsoo did not put his arms around Sehun, nor did he lift them. He stood there and cried into the chest of the apologetic junior.

“Soo… I’ll make it up to you… I- I promise.” the tall student said, buried his face in Kyungsoo’s shoulder and added in a whisper, “I- I promise you, I’ll protect you… I’ll do anything to keep you safe… I’ll do anything to always be there for you… I- I love you. You know how much I do… I- I was scared… I was traumatized… I didn’t know better… and because of that… I broke up with you… I- I’m sorry… I- I’m sorry… I’m really sorry… I made a mistake.”

Kyungsoo knit his brows, then he suddenly lifted his arms, put his palms on Sehun’s chest and pushed powerful. He wiped away his tears with the back of his hands and stared with a frown at the stunned junior, who had stumbled backwards but kept his footing. Kyungsoo clenched his fist firmly, pulled back the arm, and abruptly punched him right on the chest. He frowned and his eyes sparkled with anger. Sehun hissed in pain and stepped back. He squinted his eyes and tried to catch his breath. He knit his brows in worry and looked at his furious ex-boyfriend.

“You see how much it hurt?!” Kyungsoo questioned him and cried, “Uh…hh…uh…”

Sehun caressed his own chest and straightened himself. He approached the crying student and wrapped his arms around him once again. This time he placed his hand on Kyungsoo’s occiput and made his cheek touch his chest.

“Do you feel my heartbeat?” Sehun suddenly asked, “It’s pounding strong… because I’m afraid that you won’t take me back… I’m nervous... It won’t stop beating like this...”

Kyungsoo blinked his wet eyes slowly and listened to Sehun’s heartbeat. Indeed, it went strong, pounding against his rib cage, and knocking on the cheek of his ex-boyfriend. Kyungsoo remained like this for a while, listening to his powerful heartbeat, to make sure it was not due to the punch. His heart kept beating strongly.

“Soo, I can’t force you to forgive me…” Sehun added after a while and lowered his hand from Kyungsoo’s head as he continued, “I just want you to know… that I know I’m mistaken in this… It’s entirely my fault and I’m really regretting ever breaking up… The last two weeks felt like hell… You- You know it’s just the way I am… I’m bluntly straightforward with my words… I don’t think twice… I- I didn’t mean Luhan to stay at my place because I like him… I just wanted to offer him a place to stay… and there’s also Baekhyun in my room… so there shouldn’t be anything to worry about… There’s only- There’s only one person I like… That’s you. I’m sorry for breaking your heart.”

Right after, he held Kyungsoo’s shoulders and stepped back. The latter hesitantly looked up. Then he turned away his head and glanced to his right. Kyungsoo teared up again.

“Soo. Just tell me what’s on your mind.” Sehun said, “I told you so many times… Don’t hold back your feelings. Just let it go.”

Kyungsoo suddenly looked back at him. He wiped away his tears and clenched his fists again.

“I hate you!” he shouted all hurt, his voice echoed through the night, yet got muffled by the noise of the vehicles driving beneath the bridge, “I hate you for being so tactless! For being so insensitive! For being so damn harsh after breaking up! I- I hate you for all of that! I trusted you with everything! I told you that you were not weak! I begged you not to break up because of this! I- I did nothing wrong! Our- Our relationship did not deserve this! I- I hate you for breaking up with me just like that! You- You broke the melody in my heart!”

Sehun’s eyes slowly grew bigger in size with every word Kyungsoo spoke. He gulped and realized how big of a damage he had created with the breakup.

“You broke the trust that I had in you! You hurt my feelings! You broke my heart!” Kyungsoo kept yelling at him in the dark night air, “I really really loved you. I loved us. I- I thought that you were the right one! My right one!”

Sehun kept his eyes on him. Kyungsoo’s tears streamed down his cheeks unstoppable. The tall junior felt awful with every teardrop falling to the cold ground. His heart raced as he became insecure about the situation. He eagerly wanted to get back together with Kyungsoo, but he no longer was sure about deserving him at this point. Sehun had been heartless with his insensitive acts.

“S- Soo… I- I’m really-” he wanted to apologize again, but Kyungsoo interrupted him with another firm push.

“Stop apologizing!” he shouted and shut his eyes tightly, “You know already what pain I had gone through! You should know how much it means to me to fall in love with someone! You know that I’m not strong enough without you! How could you leave me like that?! Did you not care about me at all?!”

Sehun clenched his teeth and lowered the corners of his lips. He did not know how to respond to the breakout of Kyungsoo. He had said that he loved him, he had expressed his regrets, told him that he was sorry about everything. He asked him for forgiveness and to give him a second chance. What else could he do? Kyungsoo sniffed, his chest heaved again, then he wiped his nose with his sleeve and approached Sehun to grab his collar. He pulled down the taller junior slightly and stared him right in the brown eyes.

“You broke my heart.” he said with a serious expression, “And these are my feelings you told me not to hold in but let go. And now… here we are, looking at each other, not knowing if it will work out ever again.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter