Pet Peeve

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pet Peeve

Since the moment Taemin wrote the message in the university’s chat, Kai had gone through a lot of struggles the entire last week. The girls smeared his locker with waterproof pens, to crown all someone put boogers on the lid. They were disgusting pupils. Some boys mocked him and treated him like a sissy. His fan-girls became all silent and avoided him thanks to the senior openly claiming the sun-kissed boy. It was like hell on earth for Kai. Days earlier girls would stand in line and confess to him one by one, but now everything had come down worse.

“ off! s!” Chanyeol yelled at some students who were again painting inappropriate stuff on Kai’s locker, “Come at me if you dare to!”

The pupils ran away. Kai grabbed his friend’s arm and made him stop chasing the students. The sun-kissed boy felt overstrained by the situation. The last few days were hard to cope with the bullying. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol helped him to clean his locker, but the students would definitely not stop bothering Kai. Tomorrow would be another day to repeat the same thing.

“Senior Taemin is such a jerk!” Chanyeol was annoyed and furious, “I will talk to senior Minho about it today. This has to stop!”

Kyungsoo moreover wanted to have a word with Jonghyun about it, but Kai shook his head negatively. He did not want his friends to get involved in this matter. This was now considered a declaration of war. This was Kai’s fight against the infamous player. This was his battle to storm the throne of the king of all heartbreakers.

“Are you alright?” Kyungsoo asked all worried and looked at Kai with big puppy eyes.

Of course, Kai felt hurt and a little depressed about being bullied hence much. Withal, he faked a smile. Kai did not need his friends to worry about him either. They coped with a lot because of him up to this time, he did not want to be a bigger burden to them.

“I gotta go now.” Chanyeol said, grabbed his sports bag and patted Kai’s shoulder, “I have a football match to win against the other faculty. If anything happens call me right away. I won’t turn off my phone.”

The other two nodded thankfully and Chanyeol walked away. Kai sighed and opened his locker to empty all the trash the students had packed it with. Kyungsoo helped. Actually, he needed to go to his classes, but he stayed with Kai instead. He did not want to leave him by himself, because the other students waited for him to be all alone to bully him without struggles.

“You really don’t have to stay with me. I’ll be alright...” Kai admitted sadly, put his books into his locker, closed it, grabbed his bag and the rubbish and approached the trash can, “You should go now. I’ve no more classes left for today. I’ll go to the café and help my sister.”

“What about your tutoring?” Kyungsoo asked and helped Kai put away the trash.

Although if it was a stupid question, he still wanted to know. The sun-kissed boy had avoided Taemin since the message. Kai lowered his gaze, bit his lips, and shrugged. This was his way of saying ‘I will not go’. Kyungsoo nodded. It was seemingly for the better not to come close to the enemy. They walked to the vending machine and Kai put in several coins to get some water. He gave the first bottle to his friend, while Kyungsoo’s phone rang. He was called by Baekhyun. They had chemistry class together and the other boy wondered why he was not coming.

“I- I don’t think I should let...” Kyungsoo said into the phone, when suddenly Kai grabbed it out of his hands.

“He is on his way! Don’t make the professor notice!” the sun-kissed boy ordered and gave back Kyungsoo’s phone.

The smaller boy knit his brows in worry, told Kai to stay alert and call the group chat if anything happens, whereas they could roll up altogether. Kai nodded thankfully and watched Kyungsoo leave unwillingly. As soon as the boy disappeared around the corner Kai sighed all stressed out. He put in a bunch of coins again to get a cool drink for himself. The vending machine made some noises, as the water bottle fell down the vent. He finally could pick it up. He then turned around and bumped into someone.

“Yah!” Kai said all annoyed and pushed away the person in front of him all aggressive.

It was none other than Taemin. At the sight of him Kai became nervous and instantly took a step back. He bumped into the vending machine behind him and felt overstrained all over again. His aggressive attitude from seconds ago was gone in one blow. Goddamn, all he wanted was to leave university for today. He gulped and lowered his gaze. Jonghyun tilted his head and checked out the junior from top to toe. Minho was not with them. He was at the football match, as he was a regular player of the team.

“Look who we got here. If it is not my .” Taemin said and made a step towards the younger boy, “Are you avoiding me?”

Kai felt intimidated by him. Several students gathered in the hallway and watched them. Some took out their smartphones, ready to record every interaction of the allegedly dating boys. The sun-kissed boy remained silent.

“You’ve missed last week’s tutoring. Are you not coming to the tutoring today?” Taemin asked with a lifted brow and his arms crossed.

Jonghyun scrolled through his phone and check

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter