Melody Of His Heart

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Melody Of His Heart

Kyungsoo’s brother talked to the doctors. He was in a turmoil, not knowing why his little brother had attempted suicide. Baekhyun and Chanyeol called their friends and informed everyone about Kyungsoo’s situation. Sehun walked up and down in front of the emergency room. He was all trembling in nervousness and anxiety. He had confessed to Kyungsoo minutes before the latter had overdosed. Sehun blamed himself, he thought that it all came down to this because he had denied his feelings for his friend earlier. He was too late. He knew why Kyungsoo was in a bad mental state, yet he had no idea why he would overdose suddenly. None of the boys knew what had happened in Kamong hours ago, during the birthday celebration of Taeyeon that had made their suicidal friend break. Chen and Xiumin arrived too and rushed to the others with the fastest steps ever.

“How is he doing? Where is he?” Xiumin asked Chanyeol and grabbed his arms tightly.

His voice was shivering, his eyes shaking. Chen bent down and held his own knees, gasping for air, because they had been running nonstop from where the taxi had dropped them off. Baekhyun shook his head slowly. They did not know much yet about the condition of their friend. Yixing arrived together with Suho too, and they immediately rushed to Sehun.

“What happened?” Suho asked him, “How did it happen?”

Sehun clawed his own hair and shook his head from left to right in a chaos of dark thoughts rushing through his mind. He was overstrained with the situation. His heart raced nonstop. Baekhyun approached him and held his arms, to make him stop hurting himself.

“I- I couldn’t help him.” Sehun suddenly stuttered and then for the first time in all the years the boys witnessed their blank-faced friend shed tears, “I- I really tried. I wanted to help him so much. I- I thought I could be the one helping him out of this. I- I failed… I failed!”

His last words echoed in the corridors of the hospital. Baekhyun immediately put his arms around his roommate. He embraced him tightly and patted his back. Sehun never cried and always seemed to have a cold personality, seeing him like this was a surprise for all the boys except for Baekhyun. He knew that his best friend had a lively and bubbly personality if someone got to know him better. The others gathered around him, but they did not touch or hug. They stood there and listened to Sehun’s silent sob.

Kai finally arrived too. He had cried during the drive to the hospital, and he still shed tears while approaching the others. He was immediately hugged by Chanyeol, who in the end lost to fight his own tears as he could not hold them back anymore.

“I’m- I’m so sorry…” Kai stuttered and his voice broke.

Chanyeol kept silent and gulped as he felt like having a lump in his throat. He shook his head as he did not blame his best friend for what had happened. Then suddenly Sehun approached them and tore Chanyeol away from the sun-kissed student. He pushed Kai harshly and made him stumble backwards and fall to the ground. Suho and Yixing immediately grabbed his arms and pulled Sehun rearwards. Chanyeol helped Kai back up on his feet. Baekhyun looked from left to right in shock. He stood in between his friends and stretched his arms to his both sides, pushing Sehun away and keeping Kai afar from him. The atmosphere among the friends became tense.

“It’s your fault!” Sehun yelled at Kai and added harshly, “You made him do this! If he dies, you- You’ll be the one who killed him!”

Kai’s limbs lost all tension. It felt like his soul left his body. His tears stopped running due to shock. Sehun’s words pierced through his heart like a sharp knife. His breath caught, as he was frozen on the spot. Chanyeol held Kai tight, supporting his footing and shook his head frantically. He insisted that what Sehun said was not true. Chanyeol tried to explain it to the angry student, but he was not having it. Suho and Yixing pulled Sehun back again and tightened their grasps around his arms. They put in all efforts to prevent a fight. Chanyeol patted the back of his best friend. He wanted to make sure that Kai did not feel guilty about this situation. Last thing they needed was another one of them becoming mentally unstable. Because they made ruckus in the corridors, they were all kicked out of the hospital by the watchman.

Kyungsoo’s brother stayed back.

꧁༺ ༻꧂

It became Wednesday once again. The boys were split up in two. Since Friday night, their group chat was not used any longer by any of them, except Chanyeol. The last messages he had sent were on Saturday in the morning, informing all of them about the condition of their suicidal friend, which had fortunately become better. Kyungsoo’s brother had told Chanyeol, that he was luckily out of risk because Sehun had reacted quick that night. He was genuinely grateful of the tall student. Kyungsoo was kept in the intensive care station for two days, then he was transferred to a hospital room, and would be kept under observation, until his stomach recovered from the gastric suction and his blood values were normalized.

Kai, Chanyeol, Chen and Xiumin sat together in the canteen and talked about visiting Kyungsoo today. Baekhyun, Sehun, Suho and Yixing were sitting somewhere further away from the others. Actually, it was all because of Kai and Sehun’s conflict. Baekhyun and Chanyeol suffered the most from this separation. They were split into two groups. They avoided each other at the faculty so that Kai and Sehun would not come across and Baekhyun’s roommate would not start a fight again.

“Alright! It’s set then!” Chanyeol said and smiled, grabbing his sports bag and jumping up, “I’ll return from training sooner! I’ll see you at the hospital!”

They had agreed on skipping the last few sets of courses to make it in time to the hospital. Chen and Xiumin got up since they needed to hurry up for their classes. Kai grabbed his bag too and walked to his locker. When he opened it, there was no more a package of doughnuts in it. The handsome player had stopped doing it from Monday on. Kai somehow felt a little disappointed about it, but he was eased that the senior had stopped crossing his ways. Kai thought that Taemin avoided meeting him, because the reckless senior denied the things he had said at the party. That would suit the handsome player’s character perfectly. That was the way Kai thought of him. The sun-kissed student closed his locker and walked back to the canteen. Today would be their tutoring, but he wasn’t sure if the handsome senior would come.

꧁༺ ༻꧂

Chanyeol walked to the gym and was suddenly pulled inside one of the shacks outside the gym. It was Baekhyun who had once again pulled him aside in a hideous place.

“Baek? What-?” Chanyeol wanted to ask his beloved one, but his words were cut by Baekhyun’s soft lips.

Chanyeol gave in to the kiss and enjoyed the moment, but then he broke it off and gently pushed his boyfriend away.

“I missed you!” Baekhyun said and flicked Chanyeol’s forehead, making the athletic student flinch right after the kiss.

Chanyeol sulked briefly, then he smiled to both his ears and hugged his boyfriend all tightly. He inhaled Baekhyun’s scent and chuckled cutely.

“I missed you too!” he said and looked into the eyes of the skilled pianist, “But we have to endure it a little longer. As soon as Kyungsoo returns everything will be back to normal. I promise.”

Chanyeol then told him about their plans on visiting Kyungsoo at the hospital, so that they would not come across the others by coincidence. Baekhyun nodded, and then he let the playful student leave the shack, even if it felt difficult for the moment.

When Chanyeol entered the dressing room, Minho immediately put his arm around his shoulder with a wide grin.

“Yeollie! Finally!” he shrieked happily, making the junior feel overwhelmed again, “I saw Baekhyun pulling you inside the shack!”

Chanyeol blushed and shook his arm off right when the captain of the fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter