Exes and Makeups

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exes and Makeups

It had been over a week since the two juniors got shot at the faculty. Jungah visited her little brother daily. They were now allowed to enter the bright hospital rooms. Kai had woken up two days after the surgery. He was doing way better, but he needed to stay one more week because the doctors wanted to check up and keep him on further watch. He was given fluid meals, as his intestines needed to be treated gently and fully recover first.

“Here… drink this.” Jungah offered her little brother a glass of lukewarm water with a straw.

Kai was not allowed to sit up yet. His stitches were still not removed, and he had to take it all easy with his movements. The recovering patient thanked his sister with the usual sweet expression he put on. She caressed his hair and smiled back.

“How is Tao doing?” Kai asked in worry.

Jungah lowered her face sadly. She told him that the martial artist still had not woken up yet. Two days after his surgery he had suffered from cardiac arrest, but the doctors had managed to get his heart back to beating. Tao’s lungs were slightly infected but fortunately had healed quickly. His lungs were no longer in danger, nor was he brain-dead or had issues with his heart. But Tao fell in a state of coma. He was unconscious for over a week, as he neither responded to light, nor voices, nor touches. The doctors had said that there was a high chance for him to wake up, but if he did, he could be disabled. Everyone should be ready for any outcome. Tao’s father had paid the best doctors to examine and treat his son. That man had so much power that he managed to make the Chinese government put out a manhunt after Kris. The motorcyclist was now the most wanted culprit in China and South Korea, but still he was gone. There were no traces at all. The phone that he had used to terrorize Taemin was found close to the Han River. Divers had searched for the motorcyclist as well, as they suspected suicide after the attempt. But there was no corpse. Weeks would reveal his bloated body resurfaced, if he really jumped into the water. Until then, the authorities kept observing the faculty grounds.

Kai sulked to Jungah’s answer. He felt bad about his friend. Tao had not deserved this at all.

“Jongin, your friends will be visiting you later.” Jungah told her little brother and took the glass from his hands, “Do you want me to wash your body with a wet cloth?”

The sun-kissed junior shook his head from left to right with an awkward chuckle. He was thankful for the offer, but he had been wiped clean by some nurses earlier this morning. Jungah smiled and adjusted the pillow below his head.

“Do you need anything else? Are you hungry? Do you want me to turn on the TV?” she kept asking all concerned for his well-being.

Kai smiled and reached for her small hand. He held it gently and told her that she should not worry much about him.

“How- How are you doing?” he asked her and lifted the center of his brows apologetic, “You’ve been on your own...”

Jungah was pregnant, but she had been in stress since. It had been a tough week for her, because she had waited eagerly for her brother to wake up after the surgery and because she visited him every single day. Jungah closed Kamong earlier than she normally did due to everything that happened around her. She puffed, then put on a smile and told her brother that she was alright. He should not worry. Kai squeezed her hand lightly and lifted a single brow.

“You can tell me anything…” he stated and looked her deep in the hazel eyes.

Jungah sat on the chair next to his bed and sighed. She then admitted that the café had been doing bad, since the popular waiter got shot. People were afraid to get caught into another shooting. Kai sulked apologetic, but Jungah caressed his cheek and then pinched him like she used to do.

“Don’t worry! As soon as that Wu Yifan… Kris whatever he is called gets caught, everything will be normal again!” she assured her little brother with a cute smile, “All you need to do is recover fast! I need you in the café… You know the pretty girls only visit because of you!”

She laughed to her own words and Kai chuckled too, but then he quickly held his abdomen as it hurt.

꧁༺ ༻꧂


Chanyeol and Kyungsoo left the dorm together. They took the bus to get to the hospital. The playful student had packed his PlayStation Portable and some games to give it to his best friend as he had to stay for another week in the hospital. Kyungsoo had put a playlist of songs together for his friend. He wanted Kai to have the opportunity to listen to his favorite songs, while he stayed there. Chanyeol knew about Sehun and Kyungsoo’s sudden breakup. His roommate had cried three days straight, but now he no longer shed tears over it. Sometimes, he still sobbed in his sleeps and his whimper woke up Chanyeol. The athletic junior would crawl next to him and console him in his sleep. Over a week he had been falling asleep while comforting Kyungsoo and each time when they woke up his roommate would scold him and afterwards thank him for doing it.

“Kyungsoo… I’ll visit Tao too…” Chanyeol said as they exited the bus and entered the huge hospital, “I want to tell him about the latest basketball match.”

Kyungsoo nodded. Chanyeol went to see his friend whenever he got time, and he would tell him about the basketball league, football championship and other events, although the martial artist was unconscious. Kyungsoo had visited Tao yesterday, today he would not go there. He had a feeling that Sehun would go see the martial artist and the heartbroken student wanted to avoid meeting him. Their breakup was fresh and it hurt. Kyungsoo had begged Sehun not to break up with him, that he was seriously not useless or whatever the tall junior thought he was, but unfortunately, Sehun ultimately broke up with him and left him standing in the doorway of his room in the dorm.

When the two approached Kai’s hospital room, they came across Suho, who had been visiting the martial artist daily. The polite senior came here every single day and read a book to Tao. Two chapters a day. He wanted to make the junior feel something, as he knew that the martial artist liked him. There was a slight chance that his voice would wake him up.

“Oh, hey!” he greeted the other two and smiled lightly, “Are you going to see Kai?”

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo nodded. Suho asked them if he could join because he had not seen Kai today. Of course, the other two would not reject.

꧁༺ ༻꧂


They entered the room where their friend was put in. By the time they arrived, Jungah was already gone. Kai quickly turned his head to the white door and immediately smiled when he saw his friends come in. Chanyeol hopped towards him and gently bumped fists with the hospitalized student. Kyungsoo approached him and did the same. Suho bowed lightly with a sweet smile from afar and then came stepped beside the others. They asked the sun-kissed junior how he had been feeling lately, and Kai told them that he missed eating real food so badly. They laughed and joked about it, yet they were happy that their friend could eat it by himself. It was a different matter with Tao, he got fed with tubes and thinking of it saddened them. Then they talked about Kris not being caught yet. They could not believe that the psychopath had vanished without a trace. Since the mood had dropped, Chanyeol gave the PlayStation Portable to his best friend and showed him the games he had brought along.

“Yes!” Kai clenched his fists and shrieked happily, hugging the gaming device like a little child, “Thank you! Thank you Chanyeol!”

He was bored all day, but from now on he could play games at least. This way, the days would pass faster in the hospital. Kyungsoo walked forth and gave him the mini-iPod and headphones. Kai’s cutest smile graced his face. His phone died out of battery every single time, when he played games on it, or listened to music. He was very thankful to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Suho chuckled and said that he now felt bad for coming empty-handed. The juniors looked at him with speechless glances. Then they laughed again and Kai waved his hand, indicating them to stop making him chuckle as it hurt. Chanyeol quickly covered his own lips and Kyungsoo clenched his mouth. Suho turned around as he needed few more seconds to calm down.

꧁༺ ༻꧂


Sehun entered the hospital all alone. Baekhyun had caught a cold and did not want to visit the two as he feared that he would infect them if he did. The personnel at the reception would not let him enter anyway. Sehun walked towards the hospital room of Tao. He hesitated as he placed his shaking hand on the knob but entered after some minutes. He slowly opened the white door and carefully shut it to not disturb his sleeping former best friend. Although, there was no way he could disturb him. Sadly, Tao was in a coma. Sehun approached the bed with the white puffy pillow and blanket, where the martial artist lied. He was connected to a respiratory machine, to keep his breathing steady, and lots of other tubes. Sehun glanced over all of it and lowered his brows sadly. They trembled as his eyelids twitched. He felt horrible. He grabbed the rest of a chair, pulled it closer and sat on it. He clasped and unclasped his hands nervously as he felt awfully guilty for abandoning Tao two years ago.

“Hey… Kung Fu Panda…” Sehun said and poked the back of Tao’s resting hand, “Do you remember the day we became friends? You kicked my with your Wushu because I called you that way… I wasn’t being racist... I envied you for knowing Wushu and I told you that... and you suddenly burst out laughing.”

Sehun blinked his reminiscing eyes rapidly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter