Dance With The Devil

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dance with the Devil

Kai woke up to the sound of his alarm. The sheets beneath him rustled. He stretched his right arm to hit the clock on its top, to make it stop ringing. Then he turned his head to the right, as he grabbed the clock. It was time for him to get up, get ready and hurry downstairs to help in Kamong. It was Saturday, and he wanted to support his sister with the café. The entire week he had been chased and asked to become the boyfriend of the handsome player. Kai had given his best to playfully reject Taemin each time, but he felt a little sorry about it, yet it was not enough. After the night Kyungsoo had slept at his place, right in the next morning Taemin had started to put packages of doughnuts into Kai’s locker once again. But this time there would be an aqua pearl one, indicating that he was giving himself to the sun-kissed student. And each time the senior had put a sticky note on the package, reading the sentence ‘Be my boyfriend!’. Taemin had come to Kamong every single morning to get the doughnuts early for this occasion, just in time right before Kai arrived at school. Yet, the junior still did not accept being his boyfriend, although he took the doughnuts and ate them happily.

Kai slowly got up from his bed and walked to the bathroom to take a quick shower. First he blow-dried his hair, then he brushed his teeth for about four minutes. When he was done, he put on his black uniform. And finally, he left the house, walking the gravel path to the backdoor of Kamong. He entered the café and got immediately squeezed on his cheek by his sister.

“You are late!” she scolded him playfully and giggled, “Eat your breakfast in the back and get back to work, when you’re done!”

Jungah seemed happy these days. Whoever she was dating, made her definitely feel better. Kai nodded with a shy smile and walked into the kitchen in the back to eat breakfast. While eating, he checked his social media. Their group chat was filled with messages. Kyungsoo was added back in and since then, the boys had started to fool with each one of them. They had begun to organize an activity nearly every afternoon, or evening since the clique was finally whole again.

.

.

“Let’s go to the movies tonight!”- Chanyeol.

“<3”- Baekhyun.

“Are you guys going to sit in the backrow? xD”- Chen.

“That’s our spot!  xP”- Xiumin.

“=.=”- Chanyeol.

“I can’t, I’m working at the café, sorry.”- Kai.

“Depends on the movie…”- Sehun.

“I’ll join^^”- Kyungsoo.

“Well then, count me in too.”- Sehun.

“Huh… I wonder what made you change your mind so quick…”- Chen.

“Could it be…?”- Xiumin.

“Shh (˵ •̀ ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧”- Sehun.

.

.

Kai smiled at their conversation, and he felt a little sad that he could not join them. But well, he had participated in all the activities on the prior days. His friends would not put pressure on him to tag along this time.

.

.

“Let’s invite Luhan too!”- Yixing.

“??”- Chanyeol.

“Uhm… no?”- Baekhyun.

“Why not?”- Suho.

“Because he’s not in this group chat either. xP”- Baekhyun.

“Gimme a sec.”- Yixing.

.

.

Kai clenched his lips and tilted his head, when he read the lines ‘Lay added Luhan to the group’. He noticed that Sehun and Baekhyun went offline in an instant right after the notification. The others stayed in the group chat.

“Jongin, are you coming?” Jungah called for him and flipped the sign on the door, “I’m opening the café now!”

Kai brushed the corners of his lips and put away his dishes. Quickly he turned his phone to the silent mode and put it in the pocket of his suit. He then washed his hands and entered the front of the café. Jungah had started to brew coffee. She had cleaned the glass screen where the desserts were displayed behind. Soft background music could be heard coming from the speakers that were placed in all the corners of the room.

“So, how was the tutoring yesterday?” Jungah asked her little brother while they waited for the first guests to appear.

Kai tried to suppress his smile, but the corners of his lips would not stay down. He clenched them and shrugged shyly, making his sister giggle to his reaction. The sun-kissed waiter lowered his head as he recalled Friday afternoon, around five p.m., like the senior had ordered him the other day.

꧁༺ ༻꧂Flashback꧁༺ ༻꧂

Kai had arrived early in the dance practice hall and had already started to warm up. Luhan entered the place about ten minutes after him. He politely bowed, changed his shoes and started to warm up as well.

“I see, so he threatened you…” Kai said with a sheepish smile, “I’m sorry about that… He can be very intimidating and scary…”

They were talking about the incident when Luhan had locked them in together. The foreign dancer apologized with repeated bows. He genuinely felt sorry about it. Kai shook his hands mid-air. There was no need for the Chinese student to apologize since he was forced by none other than the handsome player.

“Can I ask you for a favor?” Kai asked, while they sat across with their legs spread open, feet touching, and holding on to the forearms of each other to help to stretch.

Luhan leaned backwards and pulled the friendly junior towards him, making Kai hiss in slight pain as his back, sides, buttocks, and the biceps of his thighs were stretched.

“Uh. What’s it?” Luhan wanted to know and slowly leaned forward.

Kai pulled him this time, but Luhan was pretty flexible. He had no issues bending over at all. Kai was amazed by the fluidity of Luhan’s body.

“Could you lock us in once again, today?” Kai finally asked and leaned forward.

The Chinese dancer lifted a single brow and stopped stretching as he was confused. Kai shortly chuckled, then he told the foreign boy about his plan to take revenge on Taemin for faking the locked in incident. Luhan blinked several times, and he asked Kai about how he planned to get out of the room, since Luhan would not stay here for too long. Kai rummaged in the pockets of his tracksuit and pulled out a key. He twirled it with his fingers and told Luhan that he had asked the dance course professor for a spare key earlier the day. The Chinese student nodded amazed by the well thought-through plan of the sun-kissed boy. Kai put back the key in his pocket, and they continued stretching. Then finally the handsome player entered the dance practice hall. As soon as Taemin spotted the boys holding onto each other’s forearms, he rushed to them and grabbed Luhan’s collar on his neck to pull him up on his feet. The foreign dancer instantly let go of Kai and got up, a little shaky but secure.

“I said no touching.” Taemin recalled what he had once commanded the Chinese boy.

Kai knit his brows and shook his head, then he got up too. Taemin briefly smiled at him and glanced back at Luhan, whose collar he was still holding onto. The handsome player glared at him with dangerously sparkling eyes and then Taemin finally let go. Luhan stumbled over his feet, but he kept his footing.

꧁༺ ༻꧂

They practiced for about two hours and were soaked in sweat. They had taken off their tracksuits because the shirts beneath were thick enough to keep them warm but would not make them overheat. The Chinese dancer packed his stuff because he needed to catch the bus home. He thanked the senior for letting him participate in the tutoring once again and then bowed to both the students. He exchanged glances with Kai, making Taemin look from one to the other with a puzzled expression. Luhan smiled cutely and walked outside, while Kai faked a fall to make some noise, so that the handsome player would not hear Luhan locking the door from outside.

“Yah. What kind of stupid fall was that?” Taemin questioned the sun-kisse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter